Continuation of PERSONAL story !?

HectorCasan

Hi, i was wondering if there is plans for continuation of PERSONAL story, NOT SHARED STORY like Makeb, i want to see whats happening to the Emperor's Wrath. Wanna see how the new Darth Council position on SI plays out. Wanna see how Havoc Squad Story continues. Etc, etc.

If now that the game is going F2P, devs are just going to do shared quest and ignore PERSONAL STORYS, and resources to the game will be channeled to other projects then i think i wont get into that trap, I will sub for now to finish current storys, but if the game doesnt bring more to the table now that F2P is out and we feel the game is being avandoned lot of us will leave. (Thats why i left in the first place, when they fired lot of people, i hardly have interest in games where devs or studio doesnt seem commited to it)

I'm pretty sure they have it in their plans to continue them at some point, as I know some of the writers have hinted at having written material for them, however it just seems like they're putting them on the backburner at this point to address other aspects of the game that a lot of people seem to feel is lacking.

The game isn't being abandoned, there's still a large number of people working on it. I don't think people realize just how ridiculously ENORMOUS the pre-production team was.

Edited by chuixupu

Hi, i was wondering if there is plans for continuation of PERSONAL story, NOT SHARED STORY like Makeb, i want to see whats happening to the Emperor's Wrath. Wanna see how the new Darth Council position on SI plays out. Wanna see how Havoc Squad Story continues. Etc, etc.

If now that the game is going F2P, devs are just going to do shared quest and ignore PERSONAL STORYS, and resources to the game will be channeled to other projects then i think i wont get into that trap, I will sub for now to finish current storys, but if the game doesnt bring more to the table now that F2P is out and we feel the game is being avandoned lot of us will leave. (Thats why i left in the first place, when they fired lot of people, i hardly have interest in games where devs or studio doesnt seem commited to it)

I don't think I would leave since I'm very much into rp and get a lot of the story boost from there, but yes I would very much like to continue the stories as well.

The game isn't being abandoned, there's still a large number of people working on it. I don't think people realize just how ridiculously ENORMOUS the pre-production team was.

Okay, when anyone complains about how there is only a skeleton crew at Bioware or everyone got laid off, they need to have this post show up. When you spend anywhere between $140-200 Million Dollars making a game, you will have a_lot_of people working on it.

Skeleton crew they have is for upkeeping and maintaining the game and making small patches and releasing already made content (you seriously believe that HK-51 and Section X was done recently? Bet it was mostly done before the game even released). Nobody says they can't get a bigger, temperorary crew which would develop a proper expansion of sorts. Cartel Market should let them do it, considering how many people are actually buying all that useless rubbish :p

MMO games don't usually get proper expansions after a mere year.

Edited by Alec_Fortescue

I would also like them to continue the Story of the WAR between the republic and the empire, i dont want the fact that we are just banding togheter all the time to defeat a common enemy, like the Hutts in Makeb.

Also, Bioware choosed this time period basically because it was an unexplored ground, is the empire going to "win" anything?, we are losing the war, i think its ok to be losing the war or winning i dont care, but the empire better strikes back else we will get defeated in no time. The biggest blow for me being the imperial intelligence setback

I know the republic wins, but WE DONT KNOW "when" it wins, no need to end the unexplored war so soon.

They're unwilling to do anything new with the personal stories so far because doing 8 storylines (especially when not every player is going to play every storyline) with full voice acting is incredibly expensive. They're more concerned with refining the game and giving minor content updates, since the game is still only a year old.

Of course, the personal stories are where the game shines, so if they're smart they'll expand on them eventually. If they don't people will run through all 8 class stories to level 50 and then lose interest in the game.

Most likely we'll get some more story (maybe one "chapter" worth) in an expansion.

Edited by Superninfreak