1 Million Damage Screenshot, 1100+ dps

Aluvi

• Replies 89
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

3.) Playing perfect. Playing a perfect game with no errors in my ability priorities. This rarely if ever happens, but I always strive for it. Getting off a Smash on at least 2 people every time it is up, and having every smash be an auto crit + 4 stack smash. Mega has commented similarly in his posts, when other marauders ask him what he does to achieve such great numbers consistently: As soon as you smash, your #1 priority is to build 4 stacks of shockwave and get your auto crit ready. AFTER that is done you worry about other things like spamming vicious slash to remove the cooldown.

I do agree trying to get a perfect game is good, problem is lolsmashspec IS easy, especially as a mara. I have a sent in lolsmash spec, basically everything lowers the cd of smash (basic attack, zealous strike and slash) so there goes the theory of skill for getting smash off cd), building singularity ... come on wheres the skill, either I have force exhaustion or in between I pop lolzen which at the ridiculous rate of centering build end-game is avialable every 10-15 seconds.

Honestly sent in lolsmashspec is as easy as pyro with even more rewards (better defensive cooldowns), so expect all those fotm rerollers who went pyro to reroll lolsmashspec knights/warriors because it is already happening and let the QQ begin im going to love it.

Derpasmashhhhhhhh arggggggg yrrrrrrrrrr

That's precisely what goes through my head when I smash, how did you know? Sometimes I even say it outloud, as if my voice could somehow lend my on screen character more power.

Derpasmashhhhhhhh arggggggg yrrrrrrrrrr
Add a few profanities and you'll have my 50 year old retarded neighbor. That guy is so behind that I wouldnt be surprised if it turned out that he wasnt even playing online. He sure is yelling at his screen though and it's just awesome to listen to that while trying to get some sleep. Edited by MidichIorian

Who cares?

You had a measly 54 kills. You basically hit them with pad aoe that they healed through (they had 4 healers and 2 more using off/self heals).

Big damage does not equal skill. Show me a screenshot with 50+ killing blows or 100+ kills - then I'd be impressed.

Edited by Cial

I'm going to print this out now and go have my mom put it up on the fridge :D.

http://imageshack.us/a/img96/3610/screenshot2012102011340.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

1101.01 DPS

7387 Biggest Hit.

Just about double the next highest dps, and quadruple or quintuple most of the team.

But seriously, haven't had a full length void star in weeks, finally got one long enough to break 1 Mill. I know, no one cares. And yes, my dps was a little low.That is because I prioritized healers rather than smashing groups, since they had 3 of them. Also I got stuck in the red force field for the last minute right before the bridges, so I couldn't do much there.

Screenshot of fully buffed stats: http://imageshack.us/a/img545/1243/screenshot2012102012352.jpg

Uploaded with ImageShack.us

I'm using full WH with EWH weapons. Custom bracer / belt with vindicator offhand WH armoring. All mods are 51 str / 39 power type. All Enhancements are 41 power / 53 surge variety, except one which is accuracy/power. In my opinion this is the perfect rage marauder build. And yes, I think the 1390 expertise is worth it.

Big Smash.

I'm glad they buffed rage spec, it was really lacking.

Edited by Reva

I wasn't going to comment because pulling that kind of damage in any warzone is indeed impressive, but saying that anyone who doesn't come close to your damage numbers is less skilled is ridiculous.

First, the game is objective based, if a dps class is guarding a node that gets attacked less then half as much as the node you are on then of course they are going to do a lot less damage then you do, or if they are the one who sucks it up and stays at a node while you get to run back and forth to where ever the attackers are, same thing.

The other is the quality of players you are with and those of the other team. I usually only pull around 200k damage when I am on a good team, the enemy player's don't live long enough and the match is over too quickly for insane numbers to be reached.

The matches where I get really high damage numbers, 400k+ and sometimes up to 700k are games like full length voidstar where I am running free on the enemy team who is not very good but neither is my team so people just don't die fast enough and objectives are not taken. Rarely I will put up big numbers in hutt ball where multiple members of the enemy team would rather death match then win, and I will gladly give them the fights they want while the rest of my team scores.

Edited by Sharn-

I wasn't going to comment because pulling that kind of damage in any warzone is indeed impressive, but saying that anyone who doesn't come close to your damage numbers is less skilled is ridiculous.

First, the game is objective based, if a dps class is guarding a node that gets attacked less then half as much as the node you are on then of course they are going to do a lot less damage then you do, or if they are the one who sucks it up and stays at a node while you get to run back and forth to where ever the attackers are, same thing.

The other is the quality of players you are with and those of the other team. I usually only pull around 200k damage when I am on a good team, the enemy player's don't live long enough and the match is over too quickly for insane numbers to be reached.

The matches where I get really high damage numbers, 400k+ and sometimes up to 700k are games like full length voidstar where I am running free on the enemy team who is not very good but neither is my team so people just don't die fast enough and objectives are not taken. Rarely I will put up big numbers in hutt ball where multiple members of the enemy team would rather death match then win, and I will gladly give them the fights they want while the rest of my team scores.

The only objective in voidstar is guarding a door when no one else is attacking it. The other warriors in question were not doing this.

Edited by Aluvi

The only objective in voidstar is guarding a door when no one else is attacking it. The other warriors in question were not doing this.

I am not knocking what you did, I said it was impressive, I have played with you both as an ally and an adversary many times in PVP, I have an assassin and a marauder and I do consider you one of the better player's. I made my comment because your post about how few are good seemed rather arrogant, even if there is a bit of truth to it.

It didn't help when you posted about how people don't come close to your dps and used it as a measurement of their skill, because I know from personal experience that high damage totals and dps do not necessarily equate to overall performance in objective based pvp. There have been numerous times I have had to turn around and go back to a node despite being one of the highest if not the highest damage dealers in a warzone because a jug in recruit gear with a tank spec felt he could contribute more by going into the fight then to sit at a node guarding another player.

I guess I should cut you some slack, its not like I have seen you on the forums on a regular basis bragging about how awesome you are like some others on the server do.

Edited by Sharn-

Hard for me to take OP seriously when he has misspellings in his sig...

...and is derpsmash on top of that.

Fixed, thanks for pointing out my typo on the realm spelling. You have to cut me some slack though, Bioware has transferred me to 3 different servers in less than 3 months. Sometimes I still forget that I'm on Shadowlands and not Corellian Run...

This is kind of a rant, but typo does not = misspelling. Misspelling implies that I'm a moron and unable to spell "Shadow" properly. Typo means my fingers just didn't obey my brains processed commands correctly, and I didn't notice it.

I'd still like to know where the chestpeice is from as a previous poster asked. I have a similar one for my Jug (but with the hood down) and have not come across a medium armour version.

And yea, nice numbers. It doesnt happen very often so what the hell, brag about it when it does ;)

Hey OP,

Congratulations on those numbers. Smash spec, yogi bear spec, whatever spec, pulling those numbers is not an easy feat. You need a whole load of parameters in your favour and you had them :cool:

Grats man! you are not OP, you're just good :D. It is OP when you can do this on a often, until then, SMASH SOME JEDI SCUM.

Sup Lafayette! And ty both. Yes, the stars have to basically align for this type of thing to happen. What's funny is, I could post any of my numerous 1100+ dps screenshots where I only got 500-700k, but the game ended too quickly to get 1 mill, and it wouldn't matter, but that 1 mill is a big deal.

I'd still like to know where the chestpeice is from as a previous poster asked. I have a similar one for my Jug (but with the hood down) and have not come across a medium armour version.

And yea, nice numbers. It doesnt happen very often so what the hell, brag about it when it does ;)

This has to be the most asked question I get. It's called Xenotech Weaponmasters Chestpiece and it's from either SM KP, from Karagga, or SM Lost Island, last boss. Good luck with drops!

So which one was your pocket healer?

The only player that did any healing on our team heh. His toon's name got changed to random letters when we transferred from Corellian Run a while back, and it bugged out so now hes stuck with it, even after having a ticket in for like a month. Wneovcrpqxtlts, originally Anubis, and much more commonly known on his main (this was his alt), the operative healer Ravinder. One of the best healers on our server on either side, easily top 5 hands down.

Edited by Aluvi

The only player that did any healing on our team heh. His toon's name got changed to random letters when we transferred from Corellian Run a while back, and it bugged out so now hes stuck with it, even after having a ticket in for like a month. Wneovcrpqxtlts, originally Anubis, and much more commonly known on his main (this was his alt), the operative healer Ravinder. One of the best healers on our server on either side, easily top 5 hands down.

It's amazing that you could put up such numbers (and not just big overall, but big as a percent of everyone's damage, which helps show that it wasn't just because no one ever died), AND win easily and yet people still find things to complain about.

The dude who said it was less impressive because you "only" have 54 kills doesn't seem to know how the scoreboard works. Since you had a such a high percent of your team's damage, and since kills (especially in Voidstar) is somewhat a team stat, of course your damage to kill ratio will be high.

I'll assume you were smart about objectives, since that's hard to judge from a scoreboard besides seeing that your team won, so anyone who says otherwise is guessing.

And as for Smash spec being so easy - sure, it's a lot easier than it was and it does too much damage, but if it was so easy to play at a high level, you'd see more people breaking one million. I've still only ever personally witnessed one person break a million and it was a powertech in an extended Novare (pre-1.4).

Thanks =). And they had 3 heals, 2 sages and one trooper. Most of the time they were smart enough not to hug each other while I smashed them. There were a few good 30k+ smashes though.

ANd maybe this why Smash needs to be toned down? A Sniper (other pure dps class) can't do that so why should you?

Before everyone goes crying for nerfs remember that most Rage Marauders even on a good game hardly break 300k damage, I use smash on my Marauder who is only 50 damage less than the OP and i have NEVER achieved over 500k damage.

Even with a smash crit of 7k try thinking about how many of those it would take to reach 1mil....

Edited by KEKHAN

Before everyone goes crying for nerfs remember that most Rage Marauders even on a good game hardly break 300k damage, I use smash on my Marauder who is only 50 damage less than the OP and i have NEVER achieved over 500k damage.

Even with a smash crit of 7k try thinking about how many of those it would take to reach 1mil....

Damage is directly correlated with the amount of healing on the opposing team. In this case, the guy did 1mill damage because the other team had 4+ healers. Had he actually been killing people, his damage would have been a lot lower and his kill count being a lot higher.

His kill count was only 54 (who knows how many killing blows) which is abysmal for how much damage he did. If anything, this shows the healers on the other team did a good job of healing through his pad-aoe and denying him KBs.

Fact is, damage numbers are meaningless without kills to back them up. Actually killing people is all that matters: and in this case most of his damage was healed through by the other team.

ANd maybe this why Smash needs to be toned down? A Sniper (other pure dps class) can't do that so why should you?

Someone has to be able to hit the hardest, pop the biggest numbers, etc.. That, in and of itself, does not make that class OP'd. Snipers have lots of CC that the rage marauder doesn't.