Bioware.... y u do this?

Yep this is shoddy facial modeling. The wild hair, the eyelids/lashes clipping, skin tone, nose shape, texture unevennes, no eyelights/reflections, mydriasis. I understand it's a one-off NPC and not a customization for player toons where we'd have to look at it day in day out (can you imagine anyone paying CCs for this cosmetic unlock) but that's no excuse for this sloppy work. It looks half finished and very amateurish. As a result it looks very out of place and therefore breaks story immersion which is what BW is supposedly about. It's a shame because so far she's written as an interesting character.

btw, Theron Shan could use a sharper more defined nose than the one in game.

I kind of wonder if they have or follow standardized procedures/checklists. Like when you make/reskin a robotic mask or helm, make sure it is flagged for voice modulation in the game files from the getgo. When you make a new double lightsaber, make sure it is scaled down when holstered on the belt so it doesn't stick out like a 3rd leg. When you create a new NPC face for Lana make sure her eyes have eyelights and don't make her look like poo.

Edited by Projawa

Wouldn't know about the face, but the hair, yes, there's something slightly odd, dunno, like if she were the only character in the entire game with that hair sty-- oh, wait!

It doesn't matter if it's just her or if there were a hundred NPCs with that style. It doesn't fit with the rest of the art. It'd be like walking through a classical art gallery and coming across a stick figure picture on the wall amongst the other paintings. The difference isn't on that level, but it still doesn't look right when put next to the existing styles we have in the game.

It doesn't matter if it's just her or if there were a hundred NPCs with that style. It doesn't fit with the rest of the art. It'd be like walking through a classical art gallery and coming across a stick figure picture on the wall amongst the other paintings. The difference isn't on that level, but it still doesn't look right when put next to the existing styles we have in the game.

Agreed, I can understand them wanting to create a unique looking character but she just stands out in an awkward sort of way.

Not sure if its the hair, attempt at mascara (at first I thought it was a facial glitch) or near invisible eyebrows but its like a badly animated version of my kid sisters' barbie doll.

The problem is the quality of the 3D character modeling, not the concept art/ideas for her new appearance

Here's the concept art:

http://dulfy.net/wp-content/uploads/2014/03/SWTOR_Lana_Beniko_concept1.jpg

I like the concept. But the implementation of that concept in-game is not good.

It's a bit like designing a new look for a sports car. The car looks great on paper and in concept paintings + scale miniatures, but when they go build it they misalign the panels, mess up the paint job, give it mismatched tires, etc.

Edited by Projawa