Maintenance: February 13th, 2019

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Wednesday, February 13th in order to apply a fix to some tier 5 armorings losing their set bonuses.

Details:

DATE: 13 February 2019

TIME: 6:00AM - 8:00AM PST (1400 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: n/a

This is a purely back-end fix, there will not be a patch to download.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

Will this also fix the missing 252/258 shells that we had in our cargo? Across 6 different toons that I have been able to check so far all of the 252/258 shells I had in my cargo have disappeared with the exception of the 252 MH.

Yeah I hope it fixes the missing shells as well, while we do love having extra refills on the empty shells, my entire dps 252 set just disappeared from my bank along with some heal shells. I'm going to be less than pleased if I have to grind for it all over again just to make 258 upgrades.

Eric Musco -- Please convey to the team that roleplayers and decorators are sick and tired of being forced into PVP and group content where we are not wanted, because we don't enjoy doing all the training and gearing up to be welcome. I cannot stress enough that locking anything decoration or stronghold related behind Ops or PVP is a mistake (with the exception of the trophy items for each Op).

Make all Ossus decorations obtainable through normal PVE materials (relics).

Lest you think it's just me who is deeply concerned by this change:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=960609

Edited by Xina_LA

Eric Musco -- Please convey to the team that roleplayers and decorators are sick and tired of being forced into PVP and group content where we are not wanted, because we don't enjoy doing all the training and gearing up to be welcome. I cannot stress enough that locking anything decoration or stronghold related behind Ops or PVP is a mistake (with the exception of the trophy items for each Op).

Make all Ossus decorations obtainable through normal PVE materials (relics).

Lest you think it's just me who is deeply concerned by this change:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=960609

I beg to differ on every word.

but before that, I find it dishonest that you claim to SPEAK for an entire community.

I also find it dishonest to want something everyone else needs to farm based on the claim of beeing a 'special minority'? MMO's have had top tier 'content' achievable via end content since .. the 20th century...

But the game has to change so that a minority can do their thing without having to play the game?

What you request benefits in no way the game, or the community as a whole, on the contrary with the few resources available you want them to cater to a subcategory of clients before bugfixes and new content... And to add to this you even address the boss... waw... really ...

in fact I, and I assume a lot of other people playing the game 'in all its aspects' (aka the majority) as in pvp, pve and all the yadda yadda, would drop it if all the content became available via 'daily quests' (which are boons and prayers to the gods of redundancy....) with no effort at all if not the grind...

I don't want to antagonise you as a player nor your community but please understand that what you ask may displease other parts of the same community?

ALSO: I don't see how this is pertinent to this thread, it's just a raw imposition of your requests in the inappropriate venue...I'm assuming your trying to escalate the priority of your issue/interest above that of others?

The fact that you claim a right to ownership towards this content is also confusing.... Who said non roleplayers dont want those decorations. In fact what makes you more of a roleplayer than someone who decorates their stronghold and farms the decos both with satisfaction?

You may not see it but, from here, it seems like you want what everybody else wants but free, and now, because.. reasons....

MOREOVER: the thread you linked has only 2 proponents (one of which is you) and all the other posters have told you that OPS decoration have been around for a long time (rakata mind trap...). And its not even one page long!

But it clearly deserves the attention of everybody so it should be escalated maybe by leeching on a more popular thread, preferably an official one too, and if its about a patch even better so it gets the more attention possible?

Edited by SushaBrancaleone

but before that, I find it dishonest that you claim to SPEAK for an entire community..

Oh, you again. No, I didn't say that. I didn't say most of the things you claim I did. Just like last time you tore into one of my posts. I'm not going to argue the words you put in my mouth. You seem to be doing fine arguing with yourself.

Just a heads up, I just put 252 from original shells, never been removed, into legacy gear and let it destroy the old parts, didn't add the set bonus, had to remove the parts and put back into legacy then it worked, so might want to remove old parts not destroy.

Thanks for the very quick fix. :)

If we could bring your attention to another thread, some of us are puzzled by the new Ossus decorations costing rare materials from high-level group play, when we all have tons of Ossus currency going to waste. I am wondering if this was intended and/or fully thought through, and if some change might be made to it. Thanks again.

Edited by Estelindis

Thanks for the very quick fix. :)

If we could bring your attention to another thread, some of us are puzzled by the new Ossus decorations costing rare materials from high-level group play, when we all have tons of Ossus currency going to waste. I am wondering if this was intended and/or fully thought through, and if some change might be made to it. Thanks again.

why should the thread u mention receive priority versus other concerns of the community, voiced in larger demographics on other threads in these very forums (like pvp, or pve content, or bugs or ...)

This is disrespectful to all other customers here, stop using this thread to escalate your issue. Appropriate venues (sub-forums have been created) and if they haven't been addressed wait like everybody else? Being polite about being unpolite doesn't change anything...

why should the thread u mention receive priority versus other concerns of the community, voiced in larger demographics on other thread in these very forums (like pvp, or pve content, or bugs or ...)

This is disrespectful to all other customers here, stop using this thread to escalate your issue. Appropriate venues (sub-forums have been created) and if they haven't been addressed wait like everybody else? Being polite about being unpolite doesn't change anything...

You seem very keen on telling people what, when, where and how to post. Allow me to return the favor...

If you have a problem with a post, just report it and let the moderators do their job.

Dasty

P.S. Eric, thank you for the fix. Seems to have gone swimmingly.

Edited by Jdast

You seem very keen on telling people what, when, where and how to post. Allow me to return the favor...

If you have a problem with a post, just report it and let the moderators do their job.

Dasty

P.S. Eric, thank you for the fix. Seems to have gone swimmingly.

LOL because what they ask affects me and others indirectly...

as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...

hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else wants the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?

as in: .. several people want decos to be available from end content, and would be upset if there weren't any...

hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else want the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?

As subscribers, we all enjoy the privilege (it's not a right on a private forum) of posting in ways we think will attract the attention of the devs. The mods can decide what to do with posts. This is a general maintenance post. As such...

I am going to use it to raise my concern that that the 30m ranged companion bug is not fixed and even melee ones do not understand basic LoS.

Because, frankly, I'm worth it. <<sips martini>>

Dasty

Edited by Jdast

As subscribers, we all enjoy the privilege (it's not a right on a private forum) of posting in ways we think will attract the attention of the devs. The mods can decide what to do with posts. This is a general maintenance post. As such...

I am going to use it to raise my concern that that the 30m ranged companion bug is not fixed and even melee ones do not understand basic LoS.

Because, frankly, I'm worth it. <<sips martini>>

Dasty

It appears they stood by their word yesterday to fix things fast, surprisingly I wasn't surprised!

I felt everyone was overreacting yesterday even though Musco told them they'd be fixing stuff ASAP. Good for him, they backed him up on his word.

Have you placed this bug in the proper place in the "bugs" section, Dasty?

P.S. You also seem to be sipping martinis a lot lately, just starting to worry bud. Don't fall back into your days of blackouts on Nar Shaddaa, waking up in places you have no idea how you got to!

hence i will avail to my right to address a concern towards a product I buy if somebody else wants the product to become something I don't want. Saying otherwise would mean that... some customers are more equal than others?

So trying to force people to play parts of the game they don't enjoy (here some group activities such as PvP and Ops) to get decos or outfits, that basically have nothing to do with group content, locking these items out of the parts of the game they enjoy is perfectly fine.

But these same people barely asking to get another way to get the decos in an activity they actually like is not OK ?

They don't want to takle away from you, they want the ability to get the same thing via another way as well.

I honnestly can understand their frustration. I'd love to have the Resourceful Renegade set, but it's seemingly only available as a PvP reward, and i absolutely hate PvP.

Why should i force myself through something I hate for 1 outfit, and why should I force other people to deal with my lack of skills and interest in PvP just for that outfit ? That will be unpleasant for everyone...

So trying to force people to play parts of the game they don't enjoy (here some group activities such as PvP and Ops) to get decos or outfits, that basically have nothing to do with group content, locking these items out of the parts of the game they enjoy is perfectly fine.

But these same people barely asking to get another way to get the decos in an activity they actually like is not OK ?

They don't want to takle away from you, they want the ability to get the same thing via another way as well.

I honnestly can understand their frustration. I'd love to have the Resourceful Renegade set, but it's seemingly only available as a PvP reward, and i absolutely hate PvP.

Why should i force myself through something I hate for 1 outfit, and why should I force other people to deal with my lack of skills and interest in PvP just for that outfit ? That will be unpleasant for everyone...

lets assume we both want a ferrari

one will work for it

the other one wants it for free.

we could discuss that the first person might not want it if it was free.

See what I did there?

Games have always been like this, content is available via playing the game (whatever the game implies)

wanting the same things that other players need to work for without having to do anything, because you claim that your activities define you differently from other player... This is NOT TRUE.... everyone (or most) engages in a variety of game activities.

Nor does being a 'special' player give you the right to more rights than other players..

I've met and played with players with disabilities or serious health issues who have NO requests of this kind nor do they feel so entitled to moan about not having their way.... I am utterly in disbelief by how insistent this tantrum has become...

Demagogy and sophism's of any sort wont change the above, discussing otherwise just proves the point further.

this thread should have ended with Lhancelot (wise) comment, anything else just proves there is an attempt by a minority of players to 'exploit' their issues up the ladder...