Riding a rail to linear land

Always frustrating how they make you walk into obvious traps in every story and give you no chance to avoid or prepare for them. The "role play" is severely undercut by a strictly linear path with no variation other than minor dialogue differences. Even when a crew member betrays an evil/dark side character you can't kill them off because BioEA is too lazy to create a variant story line where that companion is not part of the story. No replayability when every story for one class is exactly the same.

Mmmk, thanks for that.

Tomorrow on Dead Horse Running we'll join a group of neckbeards in Minnesota who are angry about PvP 'balance.' Join us then!

Edited by Nefand

Always frustrating how they make you walk into obvious traps in every story and give you no chance to avoid or prepare for them. The "role play" is severely undercut by a strictly linear path with no variation other than minor dialogue differences. Even when a crew member betrays an evil/dark side character you can't kill them off because BioEA is too lazy to create a variant story line where that companion is not part of the story. No replayability when every story for one class is exactly the same.

Back in Beta you could kill Quinn, Kaliyo, Skadge, and Scourge.

As Kaliyo is my least favourite companion, I look forward to the day she dies.

The reason they took this out was because if you killed a character, you'd gimp yourself for crafting purposes, and people whined about that.

Since this is no longer an issue in KOTFE, expect to see some companions to be killable.

The reason they took this out was because if you killed a character, you'd gimp yourself for crafting purposes, and people whined about that.

That and the fact that some of the most hated companions (that people wanted to kill and were allowed to by the story, e.g. a certain SW companion whose initials might be Malavai Quinn) were *also* their classes' only healer companions, and people whined that they had killed their healer companion and what were they going to do now?

Seriously futile megawhine if you ask me. An SI doesn't get a healer until Hoth, FFS, and my assassin managed just fine.

And the said SI healer companion is a capricious nerd who left me in the lurch because he thought looking at a door was more important than healing me. (Censored) him, then.