Buff Operatives

lordkhouri

If operatives do warrant a buff (I'm on the fence about it right now), it could be a couple things (but not all of these),

1. AOE damage reduction passive skill

2. Increased energy regain entering/leaving stealth.

3. Increase TA granted from Shiv to 2

4. Increase max TA for DPS to 3 with longer retention duration

5. Increase effectiveness of Toxic scan for all trees

For those that don't play operative DPS, the most used attack (lacerate) requires two "energy" sources to use. Tactical advantage and energy. Base classes (and their ACs) Inquisitor/BH/Warrior and even the other AC of the Agent base class (sniper) have single energy mechanics.

(apologies in advance for republic terminology)

Mostly agree, but be careful handing out too much Upper Hand and energy regen. You are supposed to have to choose between burst and sustained damage. So either use Pugnacity or more sucker punches, but not both.

(apologies in advance for republic terminology)

Mostly agree, but be careful handing out too much Upper Hand and energy regen. You are supposed to have to choose between burst and sustained damage. So either use Pugnacity or more sucker punches, but not both.

I agree. That's why I'm still on the fence for a buff. I think the damage reduction to AOEs would be fine. I'd love an extra TA/UH, but that would probably become OP pretty quick even with the energy management issues.

that would be far too much to ask for, id settle for atleast one tree of each class viable for RWZs, operatives have the healing tree, man even WoW doesnt have all trees viable for pvp and its been out for YEARS

Of course it's near impossible... especially with PvE and PvP sharing the same trees.

I'm just saying that's the goal.

But yeah... one viable rated spec per AC would be nice.

The whole idea that operatives should be useless because players would be upset is stupid.

They are the red-headed stepchild of the game. no one brings operative dps to the party by choice, whether it be pve or pvp. They bring them because they are available and will do the job.

Operative has a great opener that can only be used from stealth. It still hits for less than a smash or a railshot AND takes longer to reset. After that, what do you have?

Here are operative dps's main weapons.

Acid Blade/Hidden Strike (1.5 stun)

Lacerate

Debilitate (4s stun)

Explosive Probe

Shiv

Acid Blade/Backstab

Only 30% armor pen? are you serious? PT gets 90% on every railshot.

I am waiting to get my warrior buff then my last I will need is the agent buff and I will be rolling an operative. I wanna see for myself if its as bad as everyone says.

It is not bad at all, I get surprised by all the complaints. The new 8 second sprint is excellent. Socs/sins can't run away anymore. It requires someone who knows abilities of the other class though. There is no wasting cool downs with concealment because you only get one chance with the poor energy management.

People like to compare deception to conceal. I'm just lvling shadow/sin now, and they are not that similar. Operatives can't dip out of melee range and still deal 4-5k hits.

I find deception/infiltration to be an easier spec thus. I really enjoy the mid range attacks. Not easy. Just easier than concealment.

It is not bad at all, I get surprised by all the complaints. The new 8 second sprint is excellent. Socs/sins can't run away anymore. It requires someone who knows abilities of the other class though. There is no wasting cool downs with concealment because you only get one chance with the poor energy management.

People like to compare deception to conceal. I'm just lvling shadow/sin now, and they are not that similar. Operatives can't dip out of melee range and still deal 4-5k hits.

I find deception/infiltration to be an easier spec thus. I really enjoy the mid range attacks. Not easy. Just easier than concealment.

Yeah deception is fun and can put out some serious damage (topped 600k several times) when played right. It is true that even though I have yet to play an operative that they are different. Assassins really don't get an opener (KD from stealth) and our biggest damaging hits take time to build like VSx2 shock (fairly easy but cannot be done in two seconds) also I hate building resolve right off the bat and discharge with 5 stacks. Also you have access to off heals in a dire situation. Cannot wait to start leveling one and I hope to start this weekend.

Edited by cycao

Yeah deception is fun and can put out some serious damage when played right. It is true that even though I have yet to play an operative that they are different. Assassins really don't get an opener (KD from stealth) and our biggest damaging hits take time to build like VSx2 shock (fairly easy but cannot be done in two seconds) and discharge with 5 stacks. Also you have access to off heals in a dire situation. Cannot wait to start leveling one and I hope to start this weekend.

I think you will love it. Sad thing about lvling one, and maybe one reason there are so few, is that before lvl 40 they are pretty awful. Acid blade is pretty much a must. Especially with all the 16-17k people in 10-49 wzs right now.

When I leveled mine a few months back I went heals to 40 then started the fun.

I think you will love it. Sad thing about lvling one, and maybe one reason there are so few, is that before lvl 40 they are pretty awful. Acid blade is pretty much a must. Especially with all the 16-17k people in 10-49 wzs right now.

When I leveled mine a few months back I went heals to 40 then started the fun.

Yeah I may level as a healer for a bit which I have never ever tried in any game and when I get a bit higher respec to deeps.

Haha, remember when all anybody wanted was for operatives to get nerfed, sad how things turned around.

The thing is. People didn't want an operative nerf. They wanted a nerf to the overall burst damage because people could stack a billion buffs and just 2-3 shot people. Th operative was a scapegoard because his opener is also a stun.