Twi'lek tattoos, do they mean anything?

Wishpig

Hey hey, I'm making a Twi'lek Inquisitor... which lead me to a curious question.

Would a slave Twi'lek be MORE or LESS likely to have tattoos? For example, in Dragon Age, Dwarfs had tattoos if they were lower class.

Is there any greater meaning behind tattoos, or do some Twi'leks just get them cause they look cool?

From what I could gather, the ones the game is having you select are more related to the fact they are Sith Inquisitors and not because they are Twi'lek. The Sith tattoos are entirely different from your basic Twi'lek markings. Google up Sith Tattoo. I would think that a slave would have little to no tattoos, but as the game does not let you acquire more as you progress, it would stand to reason that by the time you are in end game content you may/should have acquired some. So starting with them doesn't seem quite right, but planning them for end-game, having some is reasonable.

No, they are tattoos.

Lekku are actually very sensitive and Twi'leks who have tattoos wear them as a badge of pride because most twi'leks can't endure the pain of the needles used to apply them.

Now I think there is also a version of tattoos in Star Wars where the ink is painted on and seeps though to dye the skin, but don't quote me on that.