Kira Carsen - Companion story bug?

Blev

Later in the post we get this:

Des précisions méritent d'être apportées par rapport au bug qui a été résolu, et à celui qui reste à résoudre, qui sont distincts. (Et qui ont tous deux été soulevés précédemment dans ce sujet.)

La mise à jour d'aujourd'hui a corrigé le problème des points d'affection, qui n'étaient plus attribués correctement. Ils sont désormais attribués normalement.

Cependant, vous ne pouvez pas à l'heure actuelle avoir de conversations avec Kira si vous avez flirté avec elle suite à la mission "Le déserteur". C'est un problème connu et une correction est prévue dans une mise à jour prochaine. Si vous avez déjà flirté avec Kira, vous devrez attendre cette mise à jour.

Basically, she says that the problem they corrected had to do with Affection points and NOT with this bug we are experiencing. Then goes on to say that if we are experiencing this bug, we have to wait until a future patch.

Would be nice if we had some English CSRs so they could explain this to everyone.

"Fixed an issue that could cause Kira's affection progression to become blocked." Apparently has NOTHING to do with the Companion development at all and is solely a fix to the actual AFFECTION numbers.

Edited by cuervos

• Replies 2k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Well I did the DS flirt this morning with my other JK which I basically created just to continue with Kira, and I was able to progress with Kira with convos. So it is fixed for new players who hadn't done the defector yet, as has been said. Hopefully they fix for those who are bugged soon.

Wow I just translated the next page and Charlotte said the patch that will fix the romance "can take some time" even after today.. Great.

keep in mind it's a different language, so we don't necessarily know what "take some time" means

but yeah, once again, here's hoping for someone on the english side to give us SOME time frame

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=5533

For the Jedi Knight mission "The Defector", flirting with Kira Carsen during the Ship Intercom conversations following the events at the Abandoned Mining Base will prevent players from being able to receive further companion conversations from Kira Carsen.

Workaround: Avoid flirting with Kira Carsen during "The Defector" mission. Players who have already flirted with Kira will need to wait for a patch before they will be able to have conversations with Kira but will still be properly accumulating affection with her in the meantime.

I guess this means it's on the list for next weeks patch, as from what I understand, they plan to release patches weekly.

To those of you who aren't bugged, and have progresses quite a bit into the story is there usually an interaction with Kira after each meeting with the Jedi Council in Tython?

Well, after the defector and seeing the council, I had I think 3 convos with her right away. Maybe 1 right after defector and before seeing council, but 3 total, or lets just say before Tat/Ald. I haven't finished Tat yet on the unbugged JK. But this is 3 more than before when I was bugged I can say that... :/

They knew it in beta, manys including me had reported this bug months ago.

/still nerd raging:mad::mad:

But was the root cause pinned down to the Dark-Side flirt at that point, or was that a recent development? I said it before and I'll say it again - there's a big difference between knowing a bug exists, and knowing what's CAUSING the bug in the first place.

Before you all start complaining read through the developer comment in this thread THOROUGHLY. It says they found the source of the problem and have fixed it, (Patch 1.01) but it will take some time to reverse the affects on the people it has affected. Edited by TalkingDinosaur
Grammar error

But was the root cause pinned down to the Dark-Side flirt at that point, or was that a recent development? I said it before and I'll say it again - there's a big difference between knowing a bug exists, and knowing what's CAUSING the bug in the first place.

Must be nice for us to do their Job and track down the bug, with their tools they could of made several JK's granted them levels 1 shot kill every things and hunted it them self.

Before you all start complaining read through the developer comment in this thread THOROUGHLY. It says they found the source of the problem and have fixed it, (Patch 1.01) but it will take some time to reverse the affects on the people it has affected.

Patch 1.01 had nothing to do with this bug. They merely fixed an affection VALUE problem.

Before you all start complaining read through the developer comment in this thread THOROUGHLY. It says they found the source of the problem and have fixed it, (Patch 1.01) but it will take some time to reverse the affects on the people it has affected.

I don't see how reading that precludes us from complaining about our still bugged progression on Kira.

You're going to have to reroll and create a new Jedi - Im sorry - but thats what you get for falling to the dark side.

yeah of course Iwill just reroll my level 30 jedi does not matter how much time and effort I put in to this.im sorry to be rude im just very anoyed to learn the main reason I chose to be a jedi is bugged

Edited by PHOTANIUS