Can a Fully Honed Mandalorian beat a Jedi?

pawnofevil

Yes if they are smart, a sith moreso. Even fighting on the Mando terms, Mandlore the Indomintable couldn't beat Exar Kun when he had all the advantages. Key is fighting smarter, not stupider use your abilities.

Correction: MtI fought Ulic Qel-Droma.

• Replies 121
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

True, that was a trap. And Vader owned those guys. But then again, that's Vader, a powerful Sith Lord not an average Jedi. Even so, force sense gives the force user the advantage.

Incorrect. See this is the problem that needs to be settled before we can continue. See a force user wouldn't know exactly what kind of traps i would set. He/she would only feel DANGER, not i have:

A. Minefiled

B. Auto targeting turrets

C. Tripwires to claymores etc

The force user wouldn't know exactly what i did, he'd need time to figure it out. This is why I hate the line "they'd know exactly what is there because of the force." That's a fallacy.

If i was going to take down say Vader for example i would use all of those to DISTRACT him. See eventhough he has the force, he's still at the core of it all human and he has to rely on his senses as much as the force. And plus he can only pay attention to so much.

I'd use all those to keep his attention, sneak up and use an Ion cannon on his behind. Short out his suit, what does he have left, he has to use the force just to keep himself alive.

But that's just one example.

A force user can be defeated and it's not as hard as you all make it out to be, just have to overwhelm them and then take them down. Simple tactics.

Incorrect. See this is the problem that needs to be settled before we can continue. See a force user wouldn't know exactly what kind of traps i would set. He/she would only feel DANGER, not i have:

A. Minefiled

B. Auto targeting turrets

C. Tripwires to claymores etc

The force user wouldn't know exactly what i did, he'd need time to figure it out. This is why I hate the line "they'd know exactly what is there because of the force." That's a fallacy.

If i was going to take down say Vader for example i would use all of those to DISTRACT him. See eventhough he has the force, he's still at the core of it all human and he has to rely on his senses as much as the force. And plus he can only pay attention to so much.

I'd use all those to keep his attention, sneak up and use an Ion cannon on his behind. Short out his suit, what does he have left, he has to use the force just to keep himself alive.

But that's just one example.

A force user can be defeated and it's not as hard as you all make it out to be, just have to overwhelm them and then take them down. Simple tactics.

Well I wasn't saying that exactly. All I'm saying is that a Jedi would have an edge in that respect because of Force sense and precognition. And Force sense would help alot, because it will tell them to move just as they approached a trap.

But yes, I agree. Jedi are not invincible but in this scenario your giving the element of suprise to the Mandalorian. Without that the Mando loses most of the time. Or alternatively we can match up which traps would be most effective. Jedi traps of Mando traps. IMO Jedi traps, all they'd have to do is jump out from wherever and deal a killing blow. Be it through the lightsaber, or using the Force.

I think Jango Fett in the movie resumes pretty much what a mando is capable of, taking by surpise a random Jedi and was on par (at least for a while) with a bunch of the strongest jedis: Obiwan & Windu.

The problems is, he relied A LOT on his equipement & gadgets, one malfunction and it was over.

So basically this is what I think a top of the line mando/bh can do against a force user: as long as he has surprise attack & good equipement it could be a 50/50% chance, this is at least from what we can see from the "canon" movie, but tthat's something I don't like, it makes Jedis lose their appeal with the whole use of Force being pased as merely magic tricks...

I think Jango Fett in the movie resumes pretty much what a mando is capable of, taking by surpise a random Jedi and was on par (at least for a while) with a bunch of the strongest jedis: Obiwan & Windu.

The problems is, he relied A LOT on his equipement & gadgets, one malfunction and it was over.

So basically this is what I think a top of the line mando/bh can do against a force user: as long as he has surprise attack & good equipement it could be a 50/50% chance, this is at least from what we can see from the "canon" movie, but tthat's something I don't like, it makes Jedis lose their appeal with the whole use of Force being pased as merely magic tricks...

How did Jango take Obi-Wan by surprise? He wasn't really on par with either Obi-Wan or Windu(especially Windu). Though I will agree, ya he did rely on most of his equipment(jetpack, rocket, whip cord, flamethrower, pistols) but none of his equipment(at least offensive) really accomplished anything.

1. Jetpack gave him a flight advantage, so it accomplished what it was for.

2. Rocket...just knocked Obi-Wan off his feet.

3. Whip Cord, just dragged Obi-Wan around before he rooted himself with The Force and pulled Jango out of the sky.

4. Flamethrower, just burned Windu's cloak.

5. Pistols....did nothing...like literally to those two guys.

===

I mean unless Jango was aiming his rocket to knock Obi-Wan down, so Boba could blast him with Slave 1's ship cannons, then that was the only thing that remotely did anything of value to Obi-Wan.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

im voting for Satine to go down. if not her, Ashoka. anyways...

Mandalorians had a fierce reputation as "Jedi-killers" because of a select few of their kind. A fully-honed Mando vs. a Jedi? lets look.

Boba Fett fought Darth Vader and survived, even earning the Dark Lord's respect. Jango Fett stood up to Obi-Wan Kenobi, and fell in battle against the most prominent lightsaber duelist of his time (Mace Windu). Mandalore fought with Kun and had all the advantages, but lost anyway. Why? Because Kun had Sith magic on his side.

Pre Viszla managed a short duel with Kenobi as well. And Viszla isn't even fully-honed. Bo Katan fought Ashoka, but neither won. It comes down to the gear in the end.

The gear here could be:

Fully-honed Mando:

Crushgaunts

Blaster carbine

Flamethrower

Electrostaff/Force pike

Jedi:

Lightsaber

The Force

depending on the gear, the Mando's got it. Crushgaunts are devastating, Force pikes and Electrostaffs are great lightsaber counters, and Jedi can't block flamethrowers (its possible but I'd bet the Mando would throw in the flames as a surprise).

Gotta hand it to them Mandos. I do believe Traviss overrated them, but I do love Mandos as well.

Either Jedi or Mando has a chance here. The odds seem to be stacked one way (Jedi), but ya never know

Not exactly overrated because of the null arcs who were the best trained clones ever and discovered grevious.

Yes...Potentially. Will it happen every single time in every scenario....no.

Reasoning Jedi aren't invincible. They have been killed by Non Force Sensitives before. The Mandalorians are among the best high caliber warriors in the Star Wars Galaxy that doesn't rely on the force. It can be possible to counter a Lightsaber with certain tactics like with a Sai like weapon that can catch the hilt and allow a person ample time to draw their blaster and fire (Which is what a Sai is really designed for, to catch a blade). Mandalorians can wear Bes'kar Neck Collars that prevent Decaptiation. Just spit balling.

This has a lot of variables to it. First of all Mandalorians are in the same boat as the Jedi because anyone can be one. There's no official race to Mandalorian, it's more a religion (like the Jedi). One example being Jango Fett who was adopted into the group. Second point is that Mandalorians have proven to kill many Jedi; The Mandalorian/Jedi war (Revan's war), The capture of Jango fett (all of the Mandalorians were killed except Jango, but only about 10 Jedi survived and were lead by Dooku), and what people always forget is that Clonetroopers are as much Mandalorian as Jango. Although Vader helped, the clones killed tons of Jedi during order 66. Only reason Jango died was because he fought Mace Windu (the 3rd strongest Jedi of that time). Boba has also proven to hold his own against Vader for a decent amount of time.

This has a lot of variables to it. First of all Mandalorians are in the same boat as the Jedi because anyone can be one. There's no official race to Mandalorian, it's more a religion (like the Jedi). One example being Jango Fett who was adopted into the group. Second point is that Mandalorians have proven to kill many Jedi; The Mandalorian/Jedi war (Revan's war), The capture of Jango fett (all of the Mandalorians were killed except Jango, but only about 10 Jedi survived and were lead by Dooku), and what people always forget is that Clonetroopers are as much Mandalorian as Jango. Although Vader helped, the clones killed tons of Jedi during order 66. Only reason Jango died was because he fought Mace Windu (the 3rd strongest Jedi of that time). Boba has also proven to hold his own against Vader for a decent amount of time.

1. There actually was a race that were Mandolorians known as The Taung and their culture was adopted by humans and other species.

2. If you referring to the comic where Jango killed 10 or so jedi with nothing but his hands, sorry I have got to call complete PIS on that. The jedi just seemed to have forgotten their training in that instance. As for the war, well of course there would be a ton of fighting going around.

3. The clones only killed the jedi via surprise and overwhelming numbers.

4. Boba didn't hold his own against Vader at all, he fled at first, then unloaded on him doing nothing, then got taken down twice by Vader, and then got in a cheap shot which shouldn't have worked. Look back at page 9 of my post there.

=======

If your speaking in numbers that Mandos have killed jedi, then yes they have.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

• 1 year later...
A standstill? Really? Seems like Jango got his butt whooped to me, and the only reason he got away was due to the whip cord. I am talking about 1 on 1 combat, not having any prep time just a straight up fight.

What does it matter what Jango brought to the table? Tools such as whip chords and flamethrowers, when put into context against a Jedi or Sith, are just physical equivalents of the Force powers Jedi can wield. Jango wasn't even trying to kill Obi-Wan. His primary goal at that point was escaping with Boba. He had no time to deal with a Jedi he clearly felt wasn't worth his time.

What does it matter what Jango brought to the table? Tools such as whip chords and flamethrowers, when put into context against a Jedi or Sith, are just physical equivalents of the Force powers Jedi can wield. Jango wasn't even trying to kill Obi-Wan. His primary goal at that point was escaping with Boba. He had no time to deal with a Jedi he clearly felt wasn't worth his time.

Nice necro there to a 2 year post and I never said that there couldn't be tools used against Jedi/Sith.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

I don't really see why someone shouldn't necro a thread that they wish to discuss. It's really no different than starting a new one, and has the advantage of not having to cover old ground.

I think it depends very much on the bounty hunter, the jedi and the circumstances. We know that non-force users can kill jedi, though. Major Kotor 2 spoiler:

Atton Rand made a career of it. He was force sensitive, but couldn't use it at the time.

Edited by errant_knight

Yes! A formidable Mandalorian warrior can take on a Jedi, even a decent Jedi. Mandalorians can rely upon cybernetic implants, excellent equipment and firepower to even the odds. Intelligence factor and circumstances can also come in to play. Edited by S_W_LeGenD

Never said he couldn't raise a necro'd thread, was just saying, nercoing on a 2 yr old post is nice.

At any rate can't really discuss anything more, yes a Mando can take on a Jedi depending the circumstances, what they have and how powerful the Jedi is.

Simple as that really.

Edited by Wolfninjajedi

Unless a jedi is one the famous ones,meaning he is almost always mentioned in top 10/15 lists, then yes a Mandalorian can defeat a jedi ,very profoundly.

And even then unless they are Yoda or something meaning they can't just snap your neck with the force in 0.1 seconds,a mandalorian can stand on his own.

I thought this is common knowledge.Very weird to me that there is thread about it.

Edited by Kaedusz

Unless a jedi is one the famous ones,meaning he is almost always mentioned in top 10/15 lists, then yes a Mandalorian can defeat a jedi ,very profoundly.

And even then unless they are Yoda or something meaning they can't just snap your neck with the force in 0.1 seconds,a mandalorian can stand on his own.

I thought this is common knowledge.Very weird to me that there is thread about it.

Or the Jedi in question isn't being a moron...but yeah, though this thread was made 2 years ago so what do ya expect?