View Single Post

Rolodome
08.16.2019 , 04:11 PM | #34
Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
I'll bet ya', right now, with no access to numbers at all, that more people left in the first year than have left between the end of the first year and now. I'd also be willing to bet that it was orders of magnitude higher than what has left since 5.0 to now. I come and go all the time, releases don't have anything to do with it, burn out does. The smoke you're blowing is stinking up the place, let's give it a break.
Wait so because you can bet something that contradicts what he's saying, he's blowing smoke? Lolwut?

The game is down to 5 servers. That's an objective fact.

Quote: Originally Posted by robertthebard View Post
that more people left in the first year than have left between the end of the first year and now. I'd also be willing to bet that it was orders of magnitude higher than what has left since 5.0 to now.
This isn't the refutation of 5.0 largely being a disaster that you think it is. It's just an ignoring of percentages to favor a particular narrative. For example, if the population was, say, 2 million at the start and went down to 500,000 in the first year, then it's now literally impossible for more to leave in the next years than in the first year, unless the population also grows enough to increase the numbers so that it can reach 1.5 million in total losses after that first year.

If you look at it in terms of percentages, that makes more sense and is more accurate. You'd want to consider what percentage of the remaining players left, not the raw number. And looking at the shutdown of servers over time is a decent way to gauge that, without having numbers available to look at the percentages on.
Clicky referral link for freebies, read how referral works.