Sorc Vs. Merc

Kenshinji

Evening folks!

I'm having some serious trouble picking my class, or at least deciding between these two.

I know that I will enjoy healing with both classes, but what is interesting me is the differences in dps. From everything I've seen, it would seem as though the sorc is actually a weaker dps class, but makes up for that with added CC.

Would you say that that is a fair assessment?

Evening folks!

I'm having some serious trouble picking my class, or at least deciding between these two.

I know that I will enjoy healing with both classes, but what is interesting me is the differences in dps. From everything I've seen, it would seem as though the sorc is actually a weaker dps class, but makes up for that with added CC.

Would you say that that is a fair assessment?

in correct from what i've seen the BH has more aoe, and thus he seems to kill groups faster because he does. While a sorc on other hand has better single target dps, and dots will count in mobility fights. On top of this a BH has to manage his heat, to many attacks to fast and his heat regenerates to slow, to few attacks and losing dps...so have this management of attacks and defense/offense.

On top of it a sorc can frontload everything, since they have X resource available to them, and can sap hp for more of it. basically i feel BH is much more complex and comes off much better in aoe area but lacking in single target area.

.... and still am not sure if the lifetap-esque will be enough to sustain us in longer fights.

You want to use Consumption early in the fight if you know it will be a loooong fight. It is a balance of the following:

-Using it early because it doesn't give a whole lot of force back per use.

-Keeping your debuff from using it under 2 stacks at most (I personally aim for 1 or less).

-Not using it if there is a massive amount of damage coming your way.

-Finishing the fight with as little force as possible.

Edited by certaInsanity

Actually Mercenary has more dps in all aspects. Singel target also. Sorc as you say makes up for it in great cc. I also were on the same choise as you, however i chose the sorc. Mercenary will loose against a sorc in pvp every time thanks for the amazing jolt that brings tracer missile to an end. sure we can get jolted too but it doesn't hurt as much. I'd say the sorc got the edge in PvP and the mercenary in PvE. However they are both viable in both.

The main reason i went for sorc is that i found sooooo many viable hybrid builds. You can make a 16/7/18 - 0/23/18 - 13/0/28 and so on and so on. And i felt that the mercenary trees did not "fuse" as well in hybrid builds. I think the extreme variation in playstyle and builds is sooo much fun :D I love that all sorc 31points builds in one tree SUCK, they are really really really aweful. but gotta admit that the 31 Arsenal in mercenary is a beautiful build with wonderful sync but all in all the sorcs slight edge in PvP does it for me. and alot of that cc u get counters Melee stealth which Sorcs often lacks.

Hope this helps alittle :)

Edited by fronken