Why IMPS are so bad? (PvP)

darthgamer

I've been dealing with the downfall of the IMPs since Keller's Void. Imps ruled there at the beginning, but the Pub competition was so bad all the top PVP guilds rerolled Pub toons for the challenge. Shortly after that we went into our first merge and it would seem most of the other servers that merged into JC were pub heavy as well. With the win record favoring Pub so heavily quite a few remaining Imp pvp guilds broke up or defected from being stomped by all the new server Pubs.

Imps seem to be gaining a little ground lately, but in PUG land its gotten nothing but worse. When you are a DPS sorc and you have the highest HP's EXP in over half of your PUG groups by a difference of thousands of HPs you know you are going to have a rough match.

Then you roll out of the gate and see LD50 or Prime-Defense or the likes coming at you and your creampuff army and just roll your eyes.

• Replies 156
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

What is the point?

What the...?

Somebody actually took time out from their life to record that? And I'll be that dude actually got paid for that... That's sad...

I forgot, BioWare actually gets paid for doing a bad job too.

Edited by randiesel

The real reason why imp are "bad" is because they give up on a team that are not running objectives and the reason why people aren't running objectives is because the rewards are minimal. Numbers get you the recognition you never got running the objective, don't hate the players hate the game.

The real reason why imp are "bad" is because they give up on a team that are not running objectives and the reason why people aren't running objectives is because the rewards are minimal. Numbers get you the recognition you never got running the objective, don't hate the players hate the game.

No, you can still pull the highest numbers while running objectives in every map, maybe with the exclusion of huttball. Most people may have not figured out how to do this, but that is a personal fault and not a good excuse

No, you can still pull the highest numbers while running objectives in every map, maybe with the exclusion of huttball. Most people may have not figured out how to do this, but that is a personal fault and not a good excuse

That's dependent on what situation you are in, sure you can run the objective and push numbers at the same if the situation allows it. Without the backing of other people 9 times of 10 running an objective will either get you killed or waste your time and decrease your potential numbers. Which would be better spent crunching numbers in close proximity to your team. Besides my comment was never intended to excuse anyone only point out why people may choose to run numbers instead of objectives. Running numbers even earns more mvp votes, people don't recognize objective runners with a few exceptions ofc.

Well, if it's an consolation for you Imps, at least you guys don't have players in your warzones without advanced classes. I've seen full War Hero Jedi Knights. It almost sounds cool until you realize they do a grand total of 20k damage in a full round Civil War. BIG NUMBERS. Edited by SpaniardInfinity

I also think dps need to stop trying to farm numbers and focus on objectives too which I noticed some don't more than on repub side.

Playing on both sides in the 50 bracket, I would agree this is the main problem. Majority of Imperials just think KILL-KILL-KILL and tunnel while a larger amount of Republic players will make smarter objective decisions. Lets be honest though, there is plenty of derp on both sides to go around.

Jinxs licks the glass.

Well, if it's an consolation for you Imps, at least you guys don't have players in your warzones without advanced classes. I've seen full War Hero Jedi Knights. It almost sounds cool until you realize they do a grand total of 20k damage in a full round Civil War. BIG NUMBERS.

He's um fun to kill gotta be a joke or something.

Edited by feefty

Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.

I think this sums it up pretty well. The younger set was the first to leave. Older gamers are more likely to play a game long term. We aren't compelled by hype to rush out and buy every game and race to level cap so we can whine in general chat how bored we are and there's nothing to do, and then make a big show of quitting on the forums when a new game rolls out or WoW releases new content.

I'm not 50, nor do I want to RP Luke. He was a whining brat like his father. :eek:

But don't be surprised if I'm still here when they turn the lights out, soloing EV with my level 90 gunslinger.

Every WoW kiddie wants to be the evil horde-type guy shooting lightning and being evil, which is why Imperial pvp is pretty much a joke. Granted, Republic side has the 50 year-olds that want to RP Luke Skywalker, but they don't queue for warzones.

Then why was Horde always superior to Alliance in WoW PvP if all the Kiddies were playing the evil-horde characters? My alliance win rates when I quit were around 30-34% depending on the character so I dont see how it can be any worse here. I quit quite a few months ago and Imps were just horrible, Certainly over several months they had to have gotten better.

Then why was Horde always superior to Alliance in WoW PvP if all the Kiddies were playing the evil-horde characters? My alliance win rates when I quit were around 30-34% depending on the character so I dont see how it can be any worse here. I quit quite a few months ago and Imps were just horrible, Certainly over several months they had to have gotten better.

Young kids tend to have better reflexes. But some of them have worse.

The Imps you were up against may have been college age pre-made groups. There are several multi-game guilds out there made up mostly of real-life college buddies who bounce from game to game. They have the age advantage, and also the experience to be really good, and also having played together for a long time, they work well together.

For me it's seeing the same names on the PuB side consistently... IMP side I get a new team everytime I play a WZ while hardly ever getting placed with people I know. That, and it just seems the IMP side is whoefullly under-geared in all WZs, it's sad when the DPS comes into the WZ with the highest HPs... hopefully this will be rectifed with the ease of getting WH gear now with the latest patch.

Also... does it seem like no one checks the freaking mini-map in games? Or check the health bars of people guarding Nodes? I know that's how I usually respond to a side before ever even hearing the call for help in ops chat... it's so easy... but it seems none of the new pvpers have learned this yet.

Barbie, you finally went PuB eh? It's fine... my guys all re-rolled to PuB too.

can i say something... every time i enter a warzone.. there are pritty decent geared players and i believe it's quite even between both factions. ( guess depends what server/Realm you play on)

Tip: stims and medpacks seem to help players survive longer. If u got the cash, try augments

So like i said b4, I believe Warzone games are even between both factions.

Give out order, some ppl do not like being told what to do if they are in a grumpy mood. =P

Try cooperating with each other, [CALL OUT] which area needs help and learn more about your class would help.

Imps suck. You can't sugarcoat the amount of badness I've seen. I get far more wins on my Pub Guardian than my Imp Marauder. Not to mention the fact that I've seen far more good Pub players than good Imp players. There are very little on Imp side that I can say doesn't suck.

Imps suck. You can't sugarcoat the amount of badness I've seen. I get far more wins on my Pub Guardian than my Imp Marauder. Not to mention the fact that I've seen far more good Pub players than good Imp players. There are very little on Imp side that I can say doesn't suck.

Ditto.

"Server transfers are coming."

"Cross-server pvp queues are coming."

They'd make such a difference, but I think most people have given up hope and left. So Imp is only getting worse and worse, unless you're in a premade and even then its not a guaranteed win.