Can I ready to heal hm TfB with these stats?

sithFTW

There were certainly groups clearing content on the PTS with sub-optimal stats, but some of the fights are very heal intensive. Overall your stats look fine, but your power's a bit low (for comparison my crit and surge are similar to yours, but i have 956 power abd bonus healing over 780). Whether you can do it or not will probably depend on your group. If you're unfamiliar with the fights, your lower heals will certainly make things difficult, but as familiarity increases, people will begin avoiding damage that is avoidable and I think your stats should be ok.

Looking at your willpower in relation to bonus I'd say that you have a lot of min/maxing to do. You can start by swapping your WP augs for power augs.

As for TfB, I assume that you've played story mode so you should know that there are a few tank swaps etc. So your job pretty much relies on how the rest are doing. If the tank swaps are slow and you get raid damage or some dps is picking up aggro (which I always do on my dps sage/sorc) it's going to get messy. Assuming that everyone knows what they're doing you could probably pull it off. But again, fix your stats because there's no point in having high mods if you don't use them properly. I mean, I have the same WP as you but with more power and +100 bonus/+40 more bonus healing...and I'm not even using power augs so you have a lot of room to play around with.

Edited by MidichIorian

I've been playing around with power and when I equip another war hero power relic (with +100 something power) I only gain around +6 to bonus healing. Am I hitting some kind of cap or do you jus have to stack a ton of it to add up. Do you mind posting a pic of your stats? Thank you for being very helpful. Sorry if my grammars wrong this was done off my phone.

It's probably doable, but it depends on you and your group. If you can heal EC HM pretty easily, then you should be fine at least to start tfb, and if you have a lot of trouble in EC you should spend some more time min-maxing. Gear is important, but the more skilled you are the less gear you need.

Edit: One thing to look at is your mods. Make sure you're using unlettered mods (High power, medium willpower, low endurance) as those will probably be the "biggest" change you could make.

This instead of this, for example.

Edited by namesaretough

I've been playing around with power and when I equip another war hero power relic (with +100 something power) I only gain around +6 to bonus healing. Am I hitting some kind of cap or do you jus have to stack a ton of it to add up. Do you mind posting a pic of your stats? Thank you for being very helpful. Sorry if my grammars wrong this was done off my phone.
Here's my sage and sorc

Edit: Just noticed that my sorcs's stats arent showing up properly. Suge and alacrity are almost exactly the same as for the sage. I play lightning/madness hybrid on both.

Sage is missing a proper earpiece, using WH at the moment. Havent been able to get a hold of the guy who made my sorc stuff. Don't want the model you can buy for BH comms. The Re-d Ec drops are better in terms of power.

Sorc is missing (refering to it not being 26 or higher) hilt, one armoring, one mod and I'd like to swap the campaign bracers for fully custom ones.

I'm not using the same stuff on my chars and it feels like the setup the sorc is using is better because I already have more bonus damage on it despite being farther from BiS.

Edited by MidichIorian

Looking at your willpower in relation to bonus I'd say that you have a lot of min/maxing to do. You can start by swapping your WP augs for power augs.

I honestly thought we'd put this to rest by now.

Point-for-point, Willpower is better than Power. This is an absolute mathematical fact, and is completely supported by simulations and ingame parses, not "just" theorycrafting.

And no, your current crit chance has no bearing on this.

I honestly thought we'd put this to rest by now.

Point-for-point, Willpower is better than Power. This is an absolute mathematical fact, and is completely supported by simulations and ingame parses, not "just" theorycrafting.

And no, your current crit chance has no bearing on this.

What I meant is that considering his WP, which is high, he must be using really low power mods, like the ones with only +11 etc. That's where he has a lot of room for min/maxing.

And isnt the power/willpower force bonus ratio something like 17:12? So he would benefit from using power augs until he can get that power from high power mods instead. Then he'd swap them for WP ones.

Edited by MidichIorian

What I meant is that considering his WP, which is high, he must be using really low power mods, like the ones with only +11 etc. That's where he has a lot of room for min/maxing.

Very true. Always use unlettered mods, because they have a much higher total stat budget.

And isnt the power/willpower force bonus ratio something like 17:12? So he would benefit from using power augs until he can get that power from high power mods instead. Then he'd swap them for WP ones.

There's no bonus ratio in that sense. Point for point (on a 1:1 ratio), Willpower is better than Power up until around 9,000 total. Always use Resolve augs.

your stats are fine... in TFB, skill > stats (in most situations anyway)... once you've got to a certain level of stats (yours dont look terribly unoptimized, even though there's room for improvement) you can definitely heal it.

In fact my raid group is talking about gearing tanks before healers for the fight... sad me :jawa_frown:

listen to everything the expert above me says when it comes to min maxing :D

• 2 weeks later...
Ive played around with my stats and this is them now

http://i.imgur.com/c1lkR.jpg

Any more suggestions?

Orange bracers and belt with 61 or 63 mods will boost your main stat. Hard to tell what individual pieces you are using but you're atleast missing one BH implant so get that and make sure you get the right one. You can also boost power/main stat by picking the right earpiece. The ones you can buy from the BH vendor are not as good as the ones that drop and some cybertechs can make (the one with +190, power+ main stat). Edited by MidichIorian

Looking much better now.

Once u upgrade that matrix cube to at least the battlemaster power relic and upgrade that first listed implant (i'm assuming its Rakata from the item art), you'll be set. You might struggle after the first boss if the other healer is about the same gear level as you tho.

Similar to dps carrying to a degree, one healer can carry another slightly lesser geared healer in operations (including HM TFB). Overgeared healers can prevent some derp tank movement as well.

Looking much better now.

Once u upgrade that matrix cube to at least the battlemaster power relic and upgrade that first listed implant (i'm assuming its Rakata from the item art), you'll be set.

I think he's already using two WH power relics, or that's atleast how I interpreted his expertise (114, which correlates with 2x57 from WH relics) Edited by MidichIorian