Game doesn't launch when hitting play......again

Spor

• Replies 219
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Okay, got in but had to. Real step 1: disable desktop composition. Real step 2: run compatibility mode windows 7. Fake step 3: a lot of praying and force choking at the computer for it had failed me for the last time. Fake step 4: hug my main toon for finally i made it in.

After several days of trying everything everyone has suggested I finally got in. Ended up doing a clean install on Win10 patched up to ver. 20H2. Installed newest Radeon driver and then SWTOR. Now it starts. Not sure what was causing it but I was getting errors trying to patch Win10 to most recent version. Which is why I ultimately did a clean install. Good luck.

Hi all,

Sorry to read that you all encounter issues when trying to launch the game since the last update 6.1.4c.

Our team is currently looking into it. I'll update you when I have more information.

Give me an address I can send a log and the 2 zips from Launcher diags

Having to disable Desktop Compostion points to a graphics problem since this problem occurs on WIN 10 and WIn 7. (Globally deselected in COMPUTER / System -> Performance)

Try Running your Graphics Card at a low setting (Standard for Radeon users)

Also if U finally get SWTOR working and it crashes try setting the SWTOR / Preferences / Graphics to LOW or lower than the setting U normally use. Then work from there adding graphics functions to the Graphics HW side.

If after trying all the workarounds and stalling after PLAY. Use CCleaner or another Utility to cleanup the Registry.

Is this an automated message? How can someone still be looking into this mess that is affecting so many players. Workarounds are causing my guildies and friends to leave the game. I think its time to let us really know what is going on! Its stated there is a Cantina about new updates in the game. I think it should also discuss this issue as a whole! Frustration players eventually give up and leave and this is happening and continues to increase to a point where more will remove their subs.

Please tell us what is going on!

Edited by Sleeperzz

Game doesn't launch. As it seems the other swtor.exe just disappears after a few seconds. Nothing seems to help this issue. I was running swtor.exe and launcher.exe with admin privileges and WinXP compatibility before and it worked fine. But after the update it just doesn't work. I subbed and played this game only from time to time, even bought the newest bounter hunter set to play BH story again but if this doesn't work i'll have to give up that subscription.

I also have this issue, and have been since the 6.1.4c patch. I have tried reinstalling through steam and reinstalling through the website twice. I have tried repairing numerous times as well as running the launcher and .exe as admin and with disable desktop composition enabled. Nothing has worked and the actual game has never even opened. At this point Im probably just going to cancel my subscription and move on because this is ridiculous.

So this has now been going on for 10 days and still no patch fix. So are we subs going to get credited with a month for free as I can't play half the time??? I have tried everything and I might be able to log in once, but as soon as the window closes then I can't get it to open again. It is tiring trying to do all the awful hot fixes.

My friend and I decided to have a rare swtor group-up last night but she encountered the no-play-when-hitting-play issue. I found OwenBrooks post and relayed it to her:

right mouse click on the game shortcut , select properties, then go to the compat tab

tick run as admin

tick disable desktop composition

click ok and try to play

Can confirm this SOLVED the first issue, HOWEVER, she then encountered the bitraider slow-update-preventing-access-play-and-characters issue. The only way to solve that (other than using the Steam platform I think) is to to KILL BITRAIDER. I don't mean just disable, you need to kill it, which will require a reinstall unless you're one of those wizkids that knows how to save the bitraider-free game files). After doing both these steps she could launch and play without any problems.

I killed bitraider months ago after getting the problem myself. Glad I did.

Now things are getting weird!

Till yesterday I had to start the game in Win 7 compatibility mod.

Today I tried to start it and nothing happened.

I decided to remove te comaptibility modus and the game started without any problems.

Did Bioware repair the launcher (without any comment) or what's going on here?