Skull of Canderous Ordo

XBebop

Hmm I just stumbled upon this topic when I did a Google search for the item after seeing it on TORhead.

Pretty pathetic that a major character like Canderous does not even get his death explained well when finding his skull rises so much questions.

Canderous was my favorite character in KotOR. He was always telling stories about the many worlds he and his Mandalorians conquered before Revan and Malak stopped them. 5 years later in KotOR II he picked up the helmet of Mandalore and started regrouping the Mandalorians again. He helped Meetra Surik (The Exile) invade The Ravager (Darth Nihilus' ship) and destroyed it. This man has seen so much battle that basically you'd need an army to bring him down.

Canderous played a huge role in and had great impact on the old republic both while aiding Revan and Meetra Surik. And all we get in TOR is his skull with a blaster hole in it and no explanation what happened? No descendents from past Mandalorians telling tales about the great Canderous Ordo who's been constantly to hell and back in his life?

I can't believe it really...

God dam Imperials.

God dam Bioware.

GOD DAMMIT

Enough screaming. I'm just annoyed that poor Canderous died like that with no explanation. I like to think Bastilla was captured, and knowing that Revan wanted her safe, Canderous attacked the ship, set her free but was overwhelmed. He knew that even together they couldnt take the horde of imperials on, so he fought on bravely to let her escape, dying in a glorious fire fight like a true mandolorian. But I guess thats just me...

Edited by Selenial

at the end of the foundry fp,

it's mentioned in passing that the Emperor killed Revan's companions, and since at endgame that whole thing is unresolved what with the vanishing act and all

im sure there's plenty more they plan to bring in from kotor. or at least i hope, cause much as i love hk, i need me some canderous resolution. however, i should mention that apprently the jedi knight and sith warrior stories get into some of this stuff

at the end of the foundry fp,

it's mentioned in passing that the Emperor killed Revan's companions, and since at endgame that whole thing is unresolved what with the vanishing act and all

im sure there's plenty more they plan to bring in from kotor. or at least i hope, cause much as i love hk, i need me some canderous resolution. however, i should mention that apprently the jedi knight and sith warrior stories get into some of this stuff

Emperor destroyed T3-M4 and Scourge betrayed and murdered the Exile by stabbing her in the back. No other casualties, as that was all of Revan's companions in that confrontation. Perhaps BW had something planned for Canderous, but Karpyshyn didn't kill him in the novel "Revan".

I wondered the same thing for some time... Canderous was in fact my favourite companion back in KotOR. I just loved to hear his tales about the Mandalorian Wars. The one with reference to Yuuzhan Vongs was especially awesome.

Anyway, when I recently sent an email to Drew Karpyshyn, asking him about few things I also asked him about final fate of Canderous and other KotOR companion characters like Zaalbar. Here you go:

Q: Will we ever get to know the final fate of KotOR characters like Zaalbar or Canderous - we never find out what happened to them. While Canderous is obviously dead, Zaalbar could be alive - from what I know, wookies can live FOR A LONG, LONG time. And even if Canderous is dead, it would be great to know how he died - from what I recall, in smuggler class story players find his skull but thats about it. He was a great character and it would be a bummer not to find out what happened to him after Revan novel and KotOR 2.

A: Questions 3 and 4 - I can't talk about that in case we want to use it in a later game, book or comic.

So it is possible that we will find out what happened to him... either by playing TOR, or reading some future comic/book. ;)

Edited by Deviss