BiS Mercenary Bodyguard

xstortion

Just as the title says looking for this. I checked mmo-mechanics but it looks outdated there did a search here with no luck. Anyone have any resources on this I am looking for BiS even if it is outdated meaning if it is all 61's rather than 63's.

Thank you in advance to anyone that can help.

[With all 4 Buffs]

35% crit, 75-80% surge, the rest into power and very little alacrity. You want about 1.7x second cast for pve for rapid scan with critical reaction proced.

All augments should be Reflex 22.

All mods: Agile 27 / Agile 27A

All Enhancements: Adept 27

All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex 27 armoring in all slots for max stats.

All Armorings: Reflex 27

Barrel: Reflex 27

Edited by DkSharktooth

35% crit, 75-80% surge, the rest into power and very little alacrity. You want about 1.7x second cast for pve for rapid scan with critical reaction proced.

All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex 27 armoring in all slots for max stats.

That is so painfully not BiS. Just the fact that you even suggest 80% Surge is laughable.

Thanks for the response.

This sounds like a similar formula I use for my dps sorc but with my sorc lettered mods were a no no.

All Shells: Tionese/Columni/Rakata because their set bonus is attached to shell, not armoring. Allows you to place Reflex

I have a question:

Tionese/Columni/Rakata shells have set bonus and Campaign armorings have bonus as far as i know.

If i put Campaign aromorings in Rakata shells will i have two sets of bonuses? :-)

This is pretty much spot on, but I would not go with the 75-80% surge. At 75%, the diminishing returns you get for surge rating are not worth the sacrifice on other stats. Get to 75% and stop. From there you will have to swap mods/Enhancements to keep things level as you build your set.

Campaign/DG armorings will not double your bonus, BUT....if you have Campaign/DG armorings, those armor mods carry the set bonus rather than the shell. This allows you to customize your look. But again, Shark is on the mark as far as getting ready and maxed out for the HM TFB/NM EC content.

Shark, my question to you is whether or not your 35% crit rating is with buff and stim or without?

This is pretty much spot on, but I would not go with the 75-80% surge. At 75%, the diminishing returns you get for surge rating are not worth the sacrifice on other stats. Get to 75% and stop. From there you will have to swap mods/Enhancements to keep things level as you build your set.

Campaign/DG armorings will not double your bonus, BUT....if you have Campaign/DG armorings, those armor mods carry the set bonus rather than the shell. This allows you to customize your look. But again, Shark is on the mark as far as getting ready and maxed out for the HM TFB/NM EC content.

Shark, my question to you is whether or not your 35% crit rating is with buff and stim or without?

With buffs

[With all 4 Buffs]

I also recommend this setup. A top tier bodyguard merc will have +80% surge (even with the DR) for the following reason: THERE IS NO OTHER ENHANCEMENT THAT GIVES POWER.

My current stats (buffed) are;

AIM: 2378

Power: 1210

Crit: 35.48%

Surge: 80.21%

Alacrity: 4% (9% w/ Critical Reaction)

Edited by Akam

So I notice that in most of these posts no one takes alacrity at all really. I do understand the difference of what you will get with Power/Surge mods and enhancements over Alacrity, but what do you do in those high healing output fights where the entire raid is sometimes taking damage and you have to get them healed up quick?

I guess the question is what are you seeing in regards to the difference between having say a 12% base Alacrity and a little lower min/max output over only a 4% base alacrity and higher min/max output? i ask because I am a believer in alacrity, as you can see in my setup below.

http://swtor.askmrrobot.com/character/4b61f505-494d-4211-942b-376008f02163

I rarely have any issues overheating, and have kept up easily with out sorc and operative healers in MOX. I am not trying to start an argument here, but I just really want to understand how big of a difference we are looking at between the two setups.

the funny thing about this troll is comparable to people that say dulfy doesnt do anything for the community of swtor

shark is the dulfy of the BH community...i vote shark the first BH Mayor of swtor

Wow thanks. To bad there are no community class representatives or any pvp responses from the dev teams for individual classes.

• 1 month later...
I've been merc heals since January 2012, and I notice Shark didn't say anything about crystals/implants/ear, but everything he said, I agree with. Based on personal experience, and preliminary threads/number crunching by others, you should always stack power, everywhere. Crit is nice, and Aim augs are a must, but power outperforms crit every single time. Also, surge is best, but I swap out 2-3 enhancements or implant ear piece to alacrity to fall into 5.5-7.5 percent speed. The surge loss is less than .5%, but the benefits are best. I take only 1 of the 2% alacrity boost in pyro, and 0 points in the bodyguard boost. I believe that to be BiS.