Hot Pursuit is used up through Hightail It

Vaidinah

When using "Hightail It", Gunslingers immediately trigger and use up the Hot Pursuit skill/talent. This is the skill that gives Gunslingers 6 seconds of free Quick Shots when they move out of cover and can trigger once every 20 seconds. If you look at a combat log of a Gunslinger who has used this skill, Hot Pursuit is triggered immediately after using it and then removed before the user had any possibility of using it. Trying to use Quick Shots after the roll costs the normal amount of energy.

This has not been tested on a Sniper with their equivalent skills and abilities so it is possible they have this issue as well. A combat log has been attached here (look near the bottom).

Steps to Reproduce:

1) Log in as a level 55 Gunslinger and get the Hot Pursuit skill (4th tier, middle icon).

2) Use the "Commit" button to keep these skill choices.

3) Move into cover and stay there for over 20 seconds.

4) Use Hightail It.

5) Move out of cover and try to use Quick Shot.

6) Note that Hot Pursuit is not triggered in your buffs.

7) Notice that Quick Shot's energy cost was not reduced by Hot Pursuit as well.

• Dev Post

Hello Vaidnah,

First of all, I would like to complement you on your report! It's written clearly and provides ideal information to verify the issue you're seeing.

That being said, we have confirmed this is a bug and have added it to the Known Issues. Thank you for helping us squash this one!

Calculated Pursuit seems to be broken even w/o CE. Beacuse this issue was brought up and already spotted by Devs I would ask to revise this skill carefully. I've been having problems with triggering this proc even w/o CE. Thanks in advance.

AmberGreen:

Thank you. I used to work as a Game Tester so I know the proper procedures on how to write a bug.

Ciridemarr:

I don't have a Sniper, but what kinds of issues are you having with Calculated Pursuit? With my Gunslinger, this is the only issue that I noticed so far so I'm curious.

Edited by Vaidinah

Ciridemarr:

I don't have a Sniper, but what kinds of issues are you having with Calculated Pursuit? With my Gunslinger, this is the only issue that I noticed so far so I'm curious.

Beacuse I'm using an Engineering build I'm trying to use the advantage of this skill in my rotation. But despite of skill description somehow I don't find it working as intended. Maybe it's just me, but eventho I have a skill set for :

"You have a [100]% chance to gain Calculated Pursuit upon exiting cover, which reduces the energy cost of Overload Shot by 100% for 6 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds."

it DOESN'T proc every 26s !!

I've ran multiple tests, galacticaly unsophisticately simply tests:

1. Crouch

2. Move a step forward -> check if "Calculated pursuit" procced

3. rinse & repeat every 26s....

This skill is unreliable IMHO.....

Beacuse I'm using an Engineering build I'm trying to use the advantage of this skill in my rotation. But despite of skill description somehow I don't find it working as intended. Maybe it's just me, but eventho I have a skill set for :

"You have a [100]% chance to gain Calculated Pursuit upon exiting cover, which reduces the energy cost of Overload Shot by 100% for 6 seconds. This effect cannot occur more than once every 20 seconds."

it DOESN'T proc every 26s !!

I've ran multiple tests, galacticaly unsophisticately simply tests:

1. Crouch

2. Move a step forward -> check if "Calculated pursuit" procced

3. rinse & repeat every 26s....

This skill is unreliable IMHO.....

well it isnt every 26 seconds its 20 seconds that it can proc .. and then once procced u have 6 seconds to use

• 1 month later...
  • Dev Post

Hi there everyone!

It's been a long time since I've updated this thread, and I wanted to be sure I let you know that this has been fixed and is ready to deploy with Game Update 2.3. Once fixed, if you use Hightail It/Covered Escape and immediately leave cover, you'll receive 4 Charges of the Hot Pursuit/Calculated Pursuit buff for 15 seconds. Thanks again for your reports!

Edited by AmberGreen
typo

• 2 weeks later...
  • Dev Post
Thanks, I noticed it was fixed as well.

Well, it's not fixed just yet, as Game Update 2.3 is scheduled for next Tuesday.

What we've done is actually redesign Calculated Pursuit/Hot Pursuit in light of the originally reported issue of interaction with Hightail it/Covered Escape. After the update, we'll be watching to see if there are any reports of additional problems with the skill.

:ph_cheers:

What we've done is actually redesign Calculated Pursuit/Hot Pursuit in light of the originally reported issue of interaction with Hightail it/Covered Escape. After the update, we'll be watching to see if there are any reports of additional problems with the skill.

So there are changes on the update that *aren't* on the PTS at the moment?