Why does anyone bother discussing Star Wars?

Kharnamatic

The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.

The Star Wars universe bears no relation to reality. We are expected to accept that small starfighters can tank sustained fire from massive star destroyers and tie fighters (Ep V), the Empire's troops are inept at aiming and their armor is useless against sticks and stones (ewoks), and the universe's elite fighters, the jedi, are so, despite going into battle unarmored with a simple lightsaber and could be defeated by a shotgun or simply being shot by three opponents at once (a line cannot intersect three non-collinear points). There's no point in discussing Star Wars, because nothing stands up to scrutiny. Everything happened the way it did, because the writers said so.

^ Starwars discussion.

your logic is shaky, and your point is non-existent.

The fail is strong with this one and your kung fu is weak!

0/10

Reality= Real Life

Star Wars= Not real life

Simple solution Reality has no place in Star Wars....... or another solution Lack of Imagination.

Edited by ScarletBlaze

dont mind the nerdy star wars fanboys OP. i think you have a point. BUt you must realize its what star wars geeks do most of the time. discuss its world. Because they deem it fun. No other reason realy.

Obviously things in star wars world are the way they are because the writers wrote it that way.

dont mind the nerdy star wars fanboys OP. i think you have a point. BUt you must realize its what star wars geeks do most of the time. discuss its world. Because they deem it fun. No other reason realy.

Obviously things in star wars world are the way they are because the writers wrote it that way.

Why are either of you in Star Wars Discussion if you both feel that way? This forum was made to discuss Star Wars. If you don't want to then don't. But don't make a post about how pointless the forum you posted in is. With your logic discussing a sport or movie is pointless. Also, use more grammar.

^ Starwars discussion.

Exactly.

Edited by Pingonaut

Here you are in the Star Wars Discussion area of a Star Wars MMO forum with part of the Sith Code and a quote from HK-47 in your signature. I am pretty sure that qualifies you to being as "nerdy" as any of us.

Edited by TheBBP

Why are either of you in Star Wars Discussion if you both feel that way? This forum was made to discuss Star Wars. If you don't want to then don't. But don't make a post about how pointless the forum you posted in is. With your logic discussing a sport or movie is pointless. Also, use more grammar.

Exactly.

I use the grammar that im able, thank you for your concern. I never said its pointless, i actualy said is fun.

My logic is fun to talk about it no doubt, but many people take it to dam serious, or relevant.

Here you are in the Star Wars Discussion area of a Star Wars MMO forum with part of the Sith Code and a quote from HK-47 in your signature. I am pretty sure that qualifies you to being as "nerdy" as any of us.

I like the world , i like star wars because its fun and time to time it has interesting aspects.

But i dont feel the need to debate every litle thing, or nitpick everylitlte thing about it, in order to feel good about myself in relation to other people.

You fail to realize is whataver you think i am, because of what i use on my signature, it doesnt change the fact the Op was trying to make.

Edited by Spartanik

I

I like the world , i like star wars because its fun and time to time it has interesting aspects.

But i dont feel the need to debate every litle thing, or nitpick everylitlte thing about it, in order to feel good about myself in relation to other people.

You fail to realize is whataver you think i am, because of what i use on my signature, it doesnt change the fact the Op was trying to make.

Every single person on here is a Nerd, myself included.

This is a forum about starwars on a website about an online role playing videogame, which is also about Starwars.

We are all guilty of "geeking" out here, something fierce.

And to the OP, this poster does have a point. So does most everyone else....They do it because its FUN.

IMO discussion about Starwars is no more silly, than talking about sports or sports.

Like minded people just talking about likeminded subjects.

Edited by kirorx

I I like the world , i like star wars because its fun and time to time it has interesting aspects.

Whatevs nerd.

Oh come on really? Really?

All I will say is clearly someone needs lessons on being a good troll.

2/10

EDIT: However I will say to those who seem to agree with the OP, This is a universe outside of our universe this game and its lore are not real but the reason we are here is because we love and enjoy it. I love the series Auebre i think that is his name made on some very interesting aspects of the universe. Or the epic stories made by the roll players on the roll player forum. Quite simply we are here cos we this interests us and I am proud to say I am a geek to it and proud. But I do have to ask why are you on this forum if you have no intention of discussing Star Wars?

Edited by theUndead

Why indeed? Why does anyone bother doing anything that isn't real like work, family and life? Maybe people want to pass their time doing something fun once in a while...

I never understood why someone would watch sports events on the TV for hours on end, it's not like he has any chance to determine what happens there either. But maybe he thinks it's fun to see others compete, or feels good if his team or countryman wins.

Discussing your favorite TV series, book series, movie series... why not? Some like to think up theories behind these fictional events, others like to support or shoot them down with quotes from the source material.

Why not shoot the breeze and discuss things like star wars, or firefly or any other sci fi show or movie?

Beats the hell out of talking about how depressing real life is and how it's slowly degenerating into a cesspool of crap.

Lol! I feel the same way about sports! You don't even play the game, why spend hours studying stats that you don't have any influence over, and then watch hours of it when you could just go outside and play with all the other nerds that spends hours studying football.

But hey, to each his own. If they find fun doing whatever stupid thing they wanna do (which, taken into whatever perspective you choose: is everything in life), they'll do it.