Game Update 1.7 Developer Blog: Galactic Reputation

CourtneyWoods

• Replies 359
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Once we grind out these rewards are they fully available to our characters? Or do we have to then pay credits/cartel coins to "unlock" the rewards we just earned (like the legacy system).

Given the way the current legacy system works ... what do you think? ;)

Once we grind out these rewards are they fully available to our characters? Or do we have to then pay credits/cartel coins to "unlock" the rewards we just earned (like the legacy system).

I'd also like to know the answer to this. I assume credits each time you want to buy.

that being said, they didnt really explain what type of items will be available.

throw us a freakin bone here ....

I'm thinking they won't have a way to track how many times we've done quests for Voss so I suppose we'll be starting out fresh; which is annoying but its still gonna be fun. I love grinding rep.

Please add special rep stuff! D= Mounts, pets, gear!!

yea they do , they must we can't get those same mission again unless they reset it for us or just give us the credit ...

But can track it , ill even bet they have those logs some place safe and knew they were gonna do this a long time ago ...

Edited by tanktest

Seems like a chore to me. I'll have to see the rewards before I know for sure but "I got a bad feeling about this" They may call this endgame solo progression but it looks like a daily grind for worthless titles to me. I cant wait until TESO's Adventure zones (Actual gamplay and progression zones for single or duo players)

If it's like most other MMO's around I'm sure you will have to pay something.

You will need to reach a rep level to purchase anything on that tier. Just cause you reach a rep level, as far as I know, it has never meant you get the gear on that level for just grinding to that level. You always had to pay something more.

Edited by Quraswren

Only worthwhile addition is the Legacy title system which, in my opinion, should be how titles are presented anyway. Why commas are used (not even hyphens!) is beyond me; it looks ugly and amateurish. Titles should have been underneath your name from launch. The rest is 'meh', seems like an incredibly lazy attempt at keeping players spending their money. Try and make more of an effort next time please- there's only so long we can keep playing without new content.

I would imagine that credits will be required to purchase the gear after you reach the required tier, just as it is now for social points, valor, etc. Just because you get to social 10 doesn't mean you should get the items for free. Why would this be any different?

Edited by renoxodus

@ Bioware:

Wouldn't the time spent on this have been better utilized creating real content or fixing bugs? I don't mind that this system is being added, but it just doesn't seem to improve the game in any way.

1) Reputation is only one of many things coming. Did you forget the level cap increase and the new planet?

2) Why are you assuming that developers do new content OR bug fixes, but not both? They're putting out a patch every couple of weeks, with bug fixes in each one. Do those not count because they're not fixing your pet peeve first?

3) If this content were tied exclusively to PVP, and if you didn't like PVP, would you say that the developers wasted their time and didn't improve the game in any way? There are too many playstyles to say that any new content, no matter how small, is a complete waste of time. There will always be people that are thankful for what comes out. There's no MMO law that says you as a paying customer have to be happy with everything the developers do to the game you play. Let those who like a grind get something new to grind. They pay money just like I do, which only helps keep the game servers running, and those working on the game employed. This content won't hurt anyone that doesn't want to do it, and they've gone out of their way to make sure it's a grind that's as painless as possible by tying it to legacy.

I sure hope this patch isn't going to be like the last one after it updates to the latest file saying, "An Error has occurred please click on Repair." (5 files). Followed by a scan, which when it is over a replay says it found so many damaged files and it takes several hours of my paid subscribers account waiting for it to scan them. :mad:

Only to find out after it does that it restarts the update downloading installs the file 101 and says again, "An error has occurred please do a repair. (5 Files found) :mad:

I have had this same installation problem happen 3 times since I began with the same number of (5 files) while I've been a paying subscriber of Star Wars - The Old Republic. The first time was just before I would have earned the Founders status symbol and would have been given it for being such a good guy and paying for the game time.

Which I think you should send me to the MMO eMail account so I get it there when I enter the game again, "as promised". :mad:

1) Reputation is only one of many things coming. Did you forget the level cap increase and the new planet?

A planet nobody asked for or wanted. Content or not, nobody ever really wanted Makeb.

Let those who like a grind get something new to grind.

Find me 10 people who like to grind :')

Basically 1.7 and the reputation system revolves around the things less played in the game. Interesting idea but not sure if it's going to work as they want. If the only thing you get with the reputation brackets is acess to a vendor then is not going to do well, considering alot of the things will be overpriced, if we consider everything they've done so far (legacy, dailies). It's going to have to be some really sweet stuff for ppl to do it (outside of those that play those parts of the game).

Gree reputation (seems to be linked to pvp, no real information yet).

HM space missions - few ppl play the space mission thingy.

Voss-Ka heroics - it's a way to get ppl back on Voss but how many will do it depend on the items you can get.

Section X - plenty of ppl stopped bothering with this area, black hole area is faster and less annoying.

This is just my opinion of course, but we'll see what happens.

2) Why are you assuming that developers do new content OR bug fixes, but not both? They're putting out a patch every couple of weeks, with bug fixes in each one. Do those not count because they're not fixing your pet peeve first?

3) If this content were tied exclusively to PVP, and if you didn't like PVP, would you say that the developers wasted their time and didn't improve the game in any way? There are too many playstyles to say that any new content, no matter how small, is a complete waste of time. There will always be people that are thankful for what comes out. There's no MMO law that says you as a paying customer have to be happy with everything the developers do to the game you play. Let those who like a grind get something new to grind. They pay money just like I do, which only helps keep the game servers running, and those working on the game employed. This content won't hurt anyone that doesn't want to do it, and they've gone out of their way to make sure it's a grind that's as painless as possible by tying it to legacy.

HEAR HEAR.

Couldnt have said it beter myself. And thats the truth.

But srsly i think this looks nice and im guessing the Hard mode space mission are the heroic ones so that will be a small bi**h but no problem hopefully.

Will be fun to try it out later.

Is this White Hot Flash from CoH?

In answer to your questions:

1. I have not forgotten about Makeb. The time spent on this 'feature' could have been used to make more content for Makeb, or fix bugs, or heck, the hours could have been used to playtest Makeb more thoroughly since it is sure to be quite bug-ridden. (I say that only partly in jest.)

2. There is an opportunity cost for every decision. No company has unlimited man hours, so the time spent on this project was not available for other development work.

3. I'm not sure what you are getting at. I'm not violating any rules nor being disrespectful by asking the devs why they devoted time to this project over others. I think it is a stretch to say that a pure stat grind like this supports a 'playstyle.' Finally, see #2 above, while this doesn't 'hurt' anyone in the physical sense, it did suck off resources that could have been put to work enhancing the core game.

That is the core of my original question: why was it considered important to add this particular system at this time?

Edited by dpwms