BioWare: Change the final fight please (major spoilers)

Maylander

*shrug* Its an MMO, bring friends ? I know some of you want to solo it, but doesn't mean you can't theme it by bringing another Jedi and let him go all Qui-Gon Jinn death scene half way through the fight, you get mad and Obi-Wan Kenobi slash Maul across the stomach on the Emperor (aka, bring extra damage and let yourself finish the story). Even Luke had help from Vader in the end to defeat Palpatine. It works in the movies, should work for you if you let it ;).

• Replies 607
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

*shrug* Its an MMO, bring friends ? I know some of you want to solo it, but doesn't mean you can't theme it by bringing another Jedi and let him go all Qui-Gon Jinn death scene half way through the fight, you get mad and Obi-Wan Kenobi slash Maul across the stomach on the Emperor (aka, bring extra damage and let yourself finish the story). Even Luke had help from Vader in the end to defeat Palpatine. It works in the movies, should work for you if you let it ;).

That's not the point. BW promoted the Class Stories as solo content, not Multi-Player content. The point is the quest is broken in it's current implementation and needs to be fixed. Having to beat the fight by using pillars, force pushing him off the stairwell or hoping he glitches is not the intended way of completing this fight.

Also Luke never fought Palpatine. He fought Vader, then refused to kill him and take his place as Palpatine's Apprentice. Palpatine then decided to kill Luke, and Vader intervened.

That's not the point. BW promoted the Class Stories as solo content, not Multi-Player content. The point is the quest is broken in it's current implementation and needs to be fixed. Having to beat the fight by using pillars, force pushing him off the stairwell or hoping he glitches is not the intended way of completing this fight.

Also Luke never fought Palpatine. He fought Vader, then refused to kill him and take his place as Palpatine's Apprentice. Palpatine then decided to kill Luke, and Vader intervened.

guess ur not gonna do any raiding if u dont wanna move out of stuff or move around... world of noobcaft is a good option for brainless tank and spank fights:eek:

guess ur not gonna do any raiding if u dont wanna move out of stuff or move around... world of noobcaft is a good option for brainless tank and spank fights:eek:

Did you read what he said? He was talking about a class quest which are supposed to be designed to be soloable. He was not talking about flashpoints, operations, or PvP which are obviously designed to be done with others.

Sigh. I'm tired of seeing all this complaining. The Emperor is not hard, period. You just need to learn how to deal with the fight.

For what it's worth, I do feel that attempting the fight as a Defense-specced Guardian is probably a bad move, as focus generation is severely hindered compared to playing any type of DPS spec. I'd advise Guardians to respec Vigilance or Focus just for the fight; being DPS makes it a whole lot easier, trust me. I did it as Vigilance myself.

Re-posting for clarity:

The Emperor's clones spawn 4 times: On the pull, 75%, 50%, and 25%. The clones all literally die in one strike (Slash, Blade Storm, what have you). There's no need to kite them anywhere or attempt to bunch them up and AoE. Just run around mindlessly attacking each one and they vanish very quickly. After that you can get back on the Emperor and interrupt whatever he happens to be doing to T7.

My T7 died right as the set of clones at 50% was spawning. At this point I blew all my personal cooldowns, ignored the clones, and tunneled him down fairly easily with Force Stasis and Push available. Are people with these sub-20% wipes forgetting their interrupt (for the 6-second cast ability he starts doing sub-50%) and Dispatch (Execute-style ability)? My Dispatch took him from 19% to 5% (lucky crit) and it was fairly easy to finish him before the clones finished me.

One last thing I mentioned in another thread about this is your weapon upgrades. It wouldn't surprise me if quite a few people are still using lightsaber hilts that have <100 weapon rating on them. This makes a HUGE difference in the ability to deal with this fight properly, as it means the difference between wiping out each clone in one hit or not.

Edited by TheCheatz

The fight should be designed to make us use our skills, not hide behind pillars. Having T7 as the only companion we can use and him being under geared until you get to the Temple is very painful. I've spent every last credit I have on gearing him up, medpacs, stims and repairs (Over 200k) and I still haven't completed this fight. The Chest that gears up T7 is just green gear and really doesn't make him any less squishy. It also was bugged after i completed the puzzle. The only way I could loot it was to leave the phase, and fight ALL the trash back to the chest for stuff that wasn't any better then I had bought!

Now I'm broke and stuck waiting for other Guild Members to level to 50 so I can get help on a CLASS QUEST, that I should be able to do SOLO. This is the kind of thing that makes people quit playing. Furthermore, having to fight the trash again and again to re-attempt the fight is brutal, and unnecessary!

They could have let us keep the companion of our choice until we get to the force shield, there are many other ways they could have told the "Story" without impacting us so negatively.

I don't want an easy fight, but I want a fight that at least doesn't force us to hide behind pillars to have a chance at being the final boss. It should be designed to force us to use our skills! A fight that you have to exploit to win doesn't make anyone feel heroic.

The story had a great built up, but this fight is a HUGE let down. Another huge let down is BioWare's lack of response in this thread and others about this issue; I'm not counting the one that tells us about the chest, but the chest doesn't work for anyone unless you leave the phase.

I have to agree with the difficulty of the trash leading to the temple. It isn't a make or break design for me, but getting to the temple itself was very annoying the first time I attempted it, dying a few times to Sith Assassins particularly. I had much less trouble after leaving the instance to gear up some, but it is still more of a chore than it feels like it should be (which understandably is a subjective thing).

I agree that the fight with the emperor right now is too difficult. I do not want an easy fight either, but as a Sentinel, I do not have some abilities (force push specifically) that could help greatly in this fight. Now, that ability in and of itself is not a game changer unless I want to exploit the fight, which I do not want, but would be helpful nonetheless. I say this simply because it seems like Guardians are seemingly having an easier time with the fight.

I am not against the use of pillars in a fight like this, however there is a point where the pillars outweigh ability and skill. It is a part of the fight to figure out and learn, which is completely understandable and I, personally, do not have anything against implementing such design, so long as it isn't the only way to live 90-95% of the fight.

Overall, I like the fight other that how we need to cling to life to the pillars to live. The emperor does do a slightly too much damage, in my opinion, which stifles progression and weakens the "fun-factor" once the mechanics of this fight are figured out.

honestly i found it to be simple, straight burn with defenses cooldowns, make sure you pop t7 25% damage reduction at start, use call on force when he gets to 50% hp and burn the boss while using cd's...simple and easy really.....kinda was hoping the encounter would be harder, i mean its the emperor !!!

Did you read what he said? He was talking about a class quest which are supposed to be designed to be soloable. He was not talking about flashpoints, operations, or PvP which are obviously designed to be done with others.

I did it solo had about 80% hp left, np

I actually raid a lot, and I'm part of one of the best raiding guilds in LOTRO. I have no problem with moving around, but hiding behind a pillar is not moving around. I also certainly don't want a brainless tank and spank. If you read what I said, you'll see I stated I wanted a fight that forces us to USE OUR SKILLS. Hiding behind a pillar is not using our skills.

One of the best raids I ever completed was Ost Dunhoth in LOTRO, which required you to use your skill and time their usage properly. It was a challenge, but extremely fun and satisfying to complete.

I just want to slap whoever gave this the green light, what idiot would allow this to go live, even without this box that cant be opened. i get nuked to death by the emp and his channel spams.

Fix this, until then im rolling a smug :)

After 50 levels of feeling epic and enjoying my story im forced to use a droid that hasnt left the ship since corusant and now i feel like a kid with a wooden stick hitting a tank.

Please fix this, really isnt fun at all :(

If life gives you lemons, don't drink radiator fluid. Every human likes to complain, except of thinking what the alternatives are to keep the blood pressure in check.

1. If the script is poorly written, wait until its fixed to solo it. Class quest isn't going anywhere, so you can wait for it to be fixed. You don't have to stomp your foot, dissappoint yourself, and get mad over it unless you choose let it bother you as several other individuals in this thread after attempting it.

2. Bring a friend as I suggested and just slug it out. Ever hear of a sandbox? It means you have choices, you don't have to be stuck with scripted story in its current broken form. You want to get it over with, then just do it and suck it up that an ally helped you kill the scourge of the darkside. Hey, its more epic with friends because you are not sticking with some script written by other people...you now made it a little bit more of your own.

3. Get mad. Stomp your foot. Waste credits on repairs and b*tch how you are wasting your time it can't be done solo. You choose to attempt it, its your fault for wasting credits/time because you know its broken. You have the two previous options, but if you know its very difficult then you really have no reason to complain. You know he is difficult, so why attempt it and waste your time? Oh, pride...then go for it.

I don't know about you, but option 1 and option 2 are the easiest in its current form (wait for it to be fixed or just bring a friend to get it over with). If you choose option 3, then don't complain because you know full well what the results will be instead of helping/waiting for BW fix the problem (like any sane person, I know my limits and massive credit repairs would cause me to not attempt it solo).

I am currently rolling mostly with a friend, I could care less about it being solo content except in the early levels (and empire inquisitors get stuck fighting an optional 7500 hp beast at level 8 with no heals but 90 second cool down med packs...you want to solo that?). If given an option to just get it done...then hell yeah I will do anything to get done and get it over with instead of complaining how hard it is and getting mad over it even if its bugged.

As for Luke/Vader/Palp fight, its how you look at it. Vader never stood against Palp until Luke got involved, Luke took a swing at Palp but was blocked by Vader. Took the both of them to tag team Palp over the railing in my opinion, by Vader willing to protect his son when his son refused to kill his father.

If life gives you lemons, don't drink radiator fluid. Every human likes to complain, except of thinking what the alternatives are to keep the blood pressure in check.

1. If the script is poorly written, wait until its fixed to solo it. Class quest isn't going anywhere, so you can wait for it to be fixed. You don't have to stomp your foot, dissappoint yourself, and get mad over it unless you choose let it bother you as several other individuals in this thread after attempting it.

2. Bring a friend as I suggested and just slug it out. Ever hear of a sandbox? It means you have choices, you don't have to be stuck with scripted story in its current broken form. You want to get it over with, then just do it and suck it up that an ally helped you kill the scourge of the darkside. Hey, its more epic with friends because you are not sticking with some script written by other people...you now made it a little bit more of your own.

3. Get mad. Stomp your foot. Waste credits on repairs and b*tch how you are wasting your time it can't be done solo. You choose to attempt it, its your fault for wasting credits/time because you know its broken. You have the two previous options, but if you know its very difficult then you really have no reason to complain. You know he is difficult, so why attempt it and waste your time? Oh, pride...then go for it.

I don't know about you, but option 1 and option 2 are the easiest in its current form (wait for it to be fixed or just bring a friend to get it over with). If you choose option 3, then don't complain because you know full well what the results will be instead of helping/waiting for BW fix the problem (like any sane person, I know my limits and massive credit repairs would cause me to not attempt it solo).

I am currently rolling mostly with a friend, I could care less about it being solo content except in the early levels (and empire inquisitors get stuck fighting an optional 7500 hp beast at level 8 with no heals but 90 second cool down med packs...you want to solo that?). If given an option to just get it done...then hell yeah I will do anything to get done and get it over with instead of complaining how hard it is and getting mad over it even if its bugged.

As for Luke/Vader/Palp fight, its how you look at it. Vader never stood against Palp until Luke got involved, Luke took a swing at Palp but was blocked by Vader. Took the both of them to tag team Palp over the railing in my opinion, by Vader willing to protect his son when his son refused to kill his father.

Im alittle lost, you tell us not to solo it, yet say by soloing a solo quest we are not helping bioware, and that infact it is our own fault for attempting to solo a solo quest for our solo class instance. Instead we should wait for a fix to continue playing the game where for some finishing these quests is that important due to the fact we just spent 50 levels with the story, and now you say its the players fault for not being able to decided to group it instead. You sir are a.........^^

Yea i smell a contrabenadictarnold :)

I'm not in a hurry to do this fight reading what all of you have said, but then again I'm only at level 17, so it will be a while.

Having read Revan is makes sense to me that only T7 comes with you. I hope the fight is doable, but I don't want then to change the story.

I'm sort of up in an ourtage about this fight today, the buggy chest, the fact I'm stuck with T7, the whole shabang. I got him down to about 25% of his health today before I was out of tricks to heal up and died. I'm mad at this fight, very mad. He's far too difficult to solo. and I would rather do it alone. This is my character's story, I've faced every challagne this far on his own. Granted, I had doc... you know, a useful sidekick.

I'm not sure if I screwed myself over for saving Kira, but I did. And the story punishes me regardless of my choice due to being stuck with a droid I harldy upgraded... I mean I did. I bought nearly 50-100K worth of gear, for about 5 more seconds worth of life before being killed.

I beat him!

I had help though. I couldn't beat him alone, so i invited a random sage, and we beat him. When he was at >10% and i was at 85% of my 13K HP He released his best Kamehameha wave at me, or what ever the something is was. I died. instantly.

So this new pal of mine actually beat him for me. Pretty lame. But at least i moved on with the story mission.

i don't have a problem with getting help, but according to BioWare self, this should be Solo quests. And I don't have a problem with a challenge. however, i don't like trying to go something impossible. It's just not any fun. This is the first really bad thing i've experienced in this game. Come on BioWare, fix this please.

This is not a complaint about the difficulty of the game, for gods sake do not make the game any easier. But this one fight is just too insane. And what the hell is up with the clones being immune to Force Sweep?

I beat him!

I had help though. I couldn't beat him alone, so i invited a random sage, and we beat him. When he was at >10% and i was at 85% of my 13K HP He released his best Kamehameha wave at me, or what ever the something is was. I died. instantly.

So this new pal of mine actually beat him for me. Pretty lame. But at least i moved on with the story mission.

i don't have a problem with getting help, but according to BioWare self, this should be Solo quests. And I don't have a problem with a challenge. however, i don't like trying to go something impossible. It's just not any fun. This is the first really bad thing i've experienced in this game. Come on BioWare, fix this please.

This is not a complaint about the difficulty of the game, for gods sake do not make the game any easier. But this one fight is just too insane. And what the hell is up with the clones being immune to Force Sweep?

Thats my thing. I want to solo him. This has been my character's quest, his journey. To bring is someone at this point seems redundant. " Oh hey, i've been on this journey to prove myself, but let me bring this random person because I can't save the world suddenly without them" As I said, the fact I can't use anyone else but T7 is a bit of a pain, if I could have Doc with me, be so much better.

I'm not going to seek a second person to aid me in the quest, he will be soloed, or it won't happen. And I can hinder my choice to continue playing the game one way or the other based upon that. it's immature, it's stupid even, but they promoted it solo, and if I can't be soloed, what if the other stories arn't? I'm not gonna stick around to see the final bosses on each class, only to find out I cant' defeat them.

I tried anotehr 5 times just now, and...

nope. still nothing. He beats me before he gets to his third wave of clones, I dont' know what the hell I'm suppose to do.

BTW, this isn't training for raiding. Raiding involves a tank distracting a boss, while healers heal and DPS do their thing, not get cluster phoqued by a group of clones that can make your life a living hell, or get stuck with a companion that even Doc can tank better then.

When I did this quest.. the game recognized that I was pro so as soon as the fight vs the emperor began it bugged out and I auto-won the fight. No kidding.. he talked to me.. told me how much he thought I sucked.. then the cutscene ended and he warped to his chair which is what happens when you beat him. What can I say? I 1 shot the emperor.

Thats my thing. I want to solo him. This has been my character's quest, his journey. To bring is someone at this point seems redundant. " Oh hey, i've been on this journey to prove myself, but let me bring this random person because I can't save the world suddenly without them" As I said, the fact I can't use anyone else but T7 is a bit of a pain, if I could have Doc with me, be so much better.

I'm not going to seek a second person to aid me in the quest, he will be soloed, or it won't happen. And I can hinder my choice to continue playing the game one way or the other based upon that. it's immature, it's stupid even, but they promoted it solo, and if I can't be soloed, what if the other stories arn't? I'm not gonna stick around to see the final bosses on each class, only to find out I cant' defeat them.

dude solo'd it super easy, your doing it wrong trust me

Again, hes solo-able, easily.

Line of sight him.

Example of line of site (X) = You. (E) = Emperor. (P) Pillar.

(X) - (P) - (E).

(u has graf nao).

Use the pillars up by his throne, use the side of the stairs where you drop down off of them. If he can not directly see you, he cannot hit you with his spells. When he reaches you, and tries to cast, hit him a bit, interrupt his LONG cast, and hit him some more, then run and LINE OF SIGHT him again. He will try to cast, and try to follow, and then try to cast again.

Keep line of sighting him, hitting him when hes close.

He has a ground targeted AE ability that you will see appear beneath you when you are behind the pillars. I'm not 100% sure it will go off when your behind em, but I still MOVE TO ANOTHER pillar while he casts that (hitting him along the way, its a long cast, and if it goes off it will ONLY do damage in the area he is casting it on, not on you so you dont want to interrupt it, you get free dmg with no risk).

When he spawns his clones: as SOON as he warps to spawn them (you SHOULD be fighting him up by his chair) run behind a pillar. All his adds will spawn, try to target you and cast, cant see you, and then run to you.

As they come up, hit them once or twice, and they poof. STAY BEHIND THE PILLARS.

Repeat this ad nauseum, and he will die.

Super Pro Tip: If you mess up, and take a big hit, you can just constantly hide behind pillars and running to a new pillar when he gets close, doing no damage and taking no risks, until your med packs come off cool down.

This is his super big secretz gimmick. He casts spells. You line of sight them. His melee is pathetically weak.