Battlemaster Gear is Gone in 1.6

CharterMonkKent

SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.

Cost wise. So you can get WH for the same amount of regular comms as BM is now. EWH is the same cost as WH right now, the stats just aren't significantly better.

• Replies 72
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Cost wise. So you can get WH for the same amount of regular comms as BM is now. EWH is the same cost as WH right now, the stats just aren't significantly better.

Gotchya!

I thought he was talking stats as well. I've seen the posts with stat info... I just don't do the math until I have to.

So maybe I missed it... but is recruit the same? Those guys that don't prepare for dinging 50 are gonna be hurtin!

Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).

Of course people will still complain. Prior to 1.6 it's complaints about how other players in full War Hero gear are thrashing those who are still only in recruit or a mixture of recruit and Battlemaster etc.

Now post 1.6 it will be complaints about how those in full Elite Ware Hero are thrashing those in recruit or a mixture of recruit and War Hero etc

I mean, after all, apart from the stat differences that carry over, this is basically an exercise in rebranding. What was Battlemaster is now War Hero and what was War Hero becomes Elite War Hero as regards the tier postions and pricing.

Given that they haven't elected to go with having 4 tiers, I'm not even sure what the point of this change is really.

Gotchya!

I thought he was talking stats as well. I've seen the posts with stat info... I just don't do the math until I have to.

So maybe I missed it... but is recruit the same? Those guys that don't prepare for dinging 50 are gonna be hurtin!

So far no official word saying recruit is any different. Really; I am not sure if a fresh 50 who never PvPs before that would notice the difference. I mean; what are the odds before that a fresh recruit would be going against non-WH opponents and on top of that, also not be on top of things to know to PVP ahead of hitting 50?

SO summary of all the stats and math that people are posting that hurts my brain is.... WH post 1.6 = BM pre 1.6 stat wise?

If so... why wouldn't they keep the BM gear since it looks different. I'm tired of "new gear" just being a different color.

Cusomtization junkie if you couldn't tell.

Quit being a junkie because junkies are bad mmmmmkay

why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well? :mad:

Yep, it is strange isn't it. They keep mothballing gear in PVP whilst conversely adding extra tiers of gear in PVE.

why do they keep getting rid of gear? Surely they should be adding more. So that's Recruit, Centurion, Champion and now Battlemaster gear removed, for WH the ugliest armor in history

People will still whine about the gear gap, so why have one at all? Just give everyone everything now , that's the direction this game is going in. Perhaps they should sell Valor via CC's or is that being removed as well? :mad:

I think/hope the PvP gear gap whining will start to fade away. It may become so obvious that gear is not an issue a month after this patch goes live that those who complain on the forums will get internet shamed.

I think/hope the PvP gear gap whining will start to fade away. It may become so obvious that gear is not an issue a month after this patch goes live that those who complain on the forums will get internet shamed.

They will anyway just by the existence of what 1.6 does. Not to mention what they had just got done doing with increasing the comm cap in 1.5.

I wouldn't be surprised if people start whining about augments next and how they don't want to have to do dailies to get the creds to afford them.

The thing that pisses me off is that I got 4EA BM gloves sitting in my cargo hold waiting for the comms to trade up for my BiS WH mod... Wasted 2500 comms....

/shakes fist at BW & gear QQbabies

Maybe they should allow a BM gear trade in for comms. Not even the same amount but a "for your troubles" amount. It would smooth things over a bit in my book....

The thing that pisses me off is that I got 4EA BM gloves sitting in my cargo hold waiting for the comms to trade up for my BiS WH mod... Wasted 2500 comms....

/shakes fist at BW & gear QQbabies

Maybe they should allow a BM gear trade in for comms. Not even the same amount but a "for your troubles" amount. It would smooth things over a bit in my book....

I have 4 toons in a mix of BM and recruit. I would love for this to happen.

Yes it appears that players will not longer be able to complain about a gear gap (thank the lord).

Of course they will. There is a new tier of gear coming out. Duh.

And how do the devs see this as a successful pvp model? You spend weeks/months grinding gear, only for it to be deleted or handed out at 1/3rd of the price with the next update, and then they make a NEW set for you to grind with a miniscule stat boost. Is everyone to retarded to see that this is not a healthy balance NOR a form a content?

I miss my sandbox SWG. This themepark mindless gear grind is just lulzy. I can't believe people like this style of gameplay.

And for the record, no I am not too lazy to grind. I just made my 5th level 50 last night and my other 4 chars are geared. I just am not fooled by this stupid gear grind model as a form of content like the rest of you seem to be.

I seriously, seriously hope this trend of making new suits and replacing old suits ends with this last update. This will not work if this continues.

Edited by SOULCASTER

Some people cling onto this stat difference being smaller this time as if it were some great solution. This is still a problem and the grind is once again repeated, only THIS TIME we're going from 146 to 150.

Guess what's gonna happen with the next tier? We're gonna go from 150 to 156 and the jump is once again gonna be like BM to WH.

While I like the fact that we are in the part of the cycle where the difference between WH and EWH is smaller, and PvP will be more balanced at near end game for a couple of patches -- it still does not fix the issue of the cycle mindlessly repeating instead of figuring out more creative ways to add new gear.

I do NOT want to re-grind all the same gear just different tier, I want to spend that time gearing other characters so I can PvP with more than one or two, and learn multiple classes at end game level. I cannot do that when I have to spend 2 more months min/maxing my soon to be obsolete mains.

Edited by Monterone

The reduction of the gap between T1 and T2 gear is certainly welcome. However, the model of gear progression is foolish. At least removing the RNG of the past made sense. Even if it did make individuals unfortunate enough to not have their BM gear already suddenly in possession of generally redundant gear compared to the new replacement.

So, I find myself somewhat torn, actually. The previous change was more pressing and the current gear gap at entry level for players with MK-2 gear compared to WH is exceptionally problematic. But the solution is almost overly aggressive and certainly lacks elegance.

It makes me wonder what happen if and more likely when the next tier above EWH arrives. This solution towards ensuring a gear grind and progression essentially take the people who've done the work and then makes that work relatively empty (outside of the actual PvP, which really is the point and which I readily admit the gear treadmill diminishes). If there must be sense of accomplishment gained through progression, that comes not only from the fights along the way but the completion of the task. Like a baseball card collector getting the last card she needs.

There should be a end point, in my mind, for PvP progression. I know this notion will not popular but a hard expertise cap should exist. Do the grind, have the cap, and have subsequent tiers made desirable through things like amazing cosmetics or a high degree of modification and customizability. Note that this applies to any potential new tiers. That there is no expertise change taking place with these sets is possibly one the few inspired things about what is happening.

The bottom line is that the reduction of the gap will only be a good thing for ensuring parity and separating the wheat from the chaff because of skill. However, BioWare's twice used model to attempt to bring this about, the first unsuccessful and this execution's success pending, does not seem like the best possible implementation model to achieve the desired goal.

If the general cap on expertise remains as time goes on and new tiers are introduced...and make no mistake, that will occur...then things will be fine. If not, BioWare's not really aiming at parity but retention. Let them grind, when time has passed and whatever magic number is passed when it comes to permissible numbers of players in the top tier gear...reset and introduce something else to repeat the cycle. Then the reasoning behind the implementation will become plain to see.

Edited by AlyxDinas

my issue is with wh now being aquired via regular comms... and bypassing the 3-1 ratio grind i just had to go through to get my full wh set. in 1.6 all wh geared people get dropped down a level and everythng u just did is wiped, your essentially battle master again and u have to do it all over...... again

seems like im getting cheated out of MY TIME.. which being subcribed in any MMO means MY MONEY... to which i take great offense to...

ive been on the wall as wether to drop this game or stick it out.. this put the nail in the coffin for me

Edited by Wookubus

you still have at least 6 weeks to enjoy your early WH

also, you'll have an easier time farming whatever WH/EWH parts you lack once patch 1.6 drops

as for me i'm just farming up/trading comms with an augmented BM set so i can get as much WH gear as I can come 1.6

Regardless of what people think, I can quantitatively PROVE that this change is good:

EWH(Highest in 1.6) - WH(Middle in 1.6) < WH(Highest in 1.5) - BM(Middle in 1.5) :In other words: The gear gap from the highest tier to the middle tier is smaller. This is, statistically, a smaller gear gap. Irrefutable fact.

WH(Middle in 1.5) - BM(Non-existant in 1.5) < Bm(Middle in 1.5) - Recruit(Lowest in 1.5) :in other words: The gear gap from the lower tier to the middle tier is smaller. This is, statistically, a smaller gear gap, If 50s start with BM gear or gear statistically equivalent to it..

If recruit gear is indeed being the same, then:

WH(Middle in 1.6) - Recruit (Lowest in 1.6) > BM(Middle in 1.5) - Recruit(lowest in 1.5) :in other words: The gear gap from the lower tier to the middle tier is larger. This is, statistically, a bigger gear gap.

I personally think recruit is getting buffed. Recruit was added when the gear gap really raised in 1.2 with the release of war hero. Recruit was buffed to MK-2 with the release of EWH and what not. Recruit MK-3 with the same stats as BM is yet to come I say. Only time will tell.

Edited by Zunayson

Do you realize that this means people will skip the new recruit MK2 gear and go straight to War Hero, and that people will complain about players going into warzones without PvP gear, again?

I prefer the look of the Battlemaster Gear for my Inquisitor....

Will I be able to just take the Mods from the WH gear and keep my Battlemaster look - or do I still have to Sacrifice my Battlemaster gear to get War Hero gear?

I hear you. I love the Inquisitor battlemaster look a lot more than the WH one as well.

Once 1.6 hits, I don't think you'll need to trade in your current BM gear for WH ones anymore.

Until then you'll still need to sacrifice your Battlemaster gear. But you can still craft an orange version of the gear (shell only, requires valor 60 to equip) if you have Synthweathing 400, or get a friend to do it for you. The schematics for each set are purchasable from the BM vendor for 50k credits.

I have no idea if the schematics are still purchasable once 1.6 hits, I'm planning to buy some of them for my upcoming synthweaver and armormech just in case.