Why isn't there a WZ quitters cooldown?

bodhisattvasw

Players will do what they want to do. You can't really stop it. If they put in a lockout for leaving, they would stay in and go afk at a node. Or they'd still leave and jump on a alt and work on that toons daily. Again, players will do what they want. You can't stop it.

Bioware could implement a deserter buff to those that quit, then it would punish and give a lesson.

If those kids decide to AFK, then they can be kicked and get a buff as well.

There is always a punishment for those people, its up to Bioware to pull the trigger on the problems that exist with people leaving warzones.

At the moment PVP is sloppy and games are ruined over rage quitters, not to mention tons of backfill games players have to deal with logging into every single day.

I don't know about you but I am sick of spending my time queuing into backfill games due to quitters.

Come to the Bastion, where 8-10 games are backfill games and losed due to quitters, if a full game is played with that same 8 people its a miracle.

Edited by Caeliux

• Replies 401
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

That's exactly the point. You don't see football players all giving up after the first field goal. Or baseball players giving up the minute the other team gets a run in.

You don't see football players run around barefoot trying to play bowling towards your own goal either. And IF you saw a football game where 5 out of 8 players in a team simply had no clue how to play or gear to wear...how long do you think it would take until we saw those 3 decent players give up and quit the team? 1 match, 3? Would you really blame them if they are there to play for fun?

Why is it that the ppl leaving are the root of all evil, and not the actual reasons?

I'll welcome a Deserter Debuff when;

1. I can queue an entire team so that im sure everyone will do their best...or

1b. Pug players also gets a debuff when not properly geared, not calling incs, leaving a node unguarded or otherwise generally failing to contribute basic teamplay.

2. I can chose what warzone to enter.

3. There is a graceperiod for DC, so that i can reconnect to the game if i crash or lose uplink.

I think that being able to chose your warzone is the most contributing factor why ppl leave, myself included. I mean why the heck should i be forced to play potentially warzone after warzone that i don't find entertaining?

Hmm.

I don't quit often, I think 2 times ever since I started, excluding the times when a friend of mine didn't take the pop so I leave about a minute before match actually starts.

But leaving a quitters debuff would only cause troubles in many ways, no queue pops eventually, or players just AFK or act like morons until match ends.

Also, if YOU alone, or maybe 1 or 2 more in your team does the work, the others are off doing 1 v 1's or something, leaving doors/pylons/nodes unguarded when they went there to take it at the start.

I usually don't leave even if above happens, but it has happened, it depends how bad it is.

I don't mind working harder if my team actually puts in the effort and tries, but if 3-4 of them do their own thing, not paying attention to their environment nor the chat, that's when I call it quits.

Call me a sore loser or anything really, idc, I'm never gonna work hard for a team that doesn't even try, I'll eat that quitters debuff and watch some anime or something instead.

Bioware could implement a deserter buff to those that quit, then it would punish and give a lesson.

If those kids decide to AFK, then they can be kicked and get a buff as well.

There is always a punishment for those people, its up to Bioware to pull the trigger on the problems that exist with people leaving warzones.

At the moment PVP is sloppy and games are ruined over rage quitters, not to mention tons of backfill games players have to deal with logging into every single day.

I don't know about you but I am sick of spending my time queuing into backfill games due to quitters.

Come to the Bastion, where 8-10 games are backfill games and losed due to quitters, if a full game is played with that same 8 people its a miracle.

Should see them quit now there,s so many more fresh 50,s after the double xp weekend I have my Wh mainhand and 3 other parts all auged with 16k + and they still leave even though am a powertech lol

Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

A quitter CD would be fine if we had separate brackets for premades and casuals, which we haven't. I don't want to be forced to be farmed by premades only in order to avoid a quitter CD.

When I tag two healers and I notice I am constantly alone in trying to take down said healers, while my teammates continue to bang their head against the Jugg/PT/Sin tank, I'm leaving.

When I call three on me on the off node (at the start of a CW) and no one peels, and the 7 teammates STILL lose mid, I'm leaving.

When someone suggests all go left at the start of a VS and 3 go right, I'll give it a minute to see if they take right. If they don't and just get burned quickly, I'm leaving.

If 5 guys are still trying to take down one or two opponents in the first room of VS, while the rest of the opposing team already lowered the bridge and are planting the bomb on the next door, I'm leaving.

When someone on the team has less that 14k HP (ie not in pvp gear), I'm leaving. For the record I'll never leave if I get a whole team full of recruits, only if they violate one of those other things. EDIT: Actually I do leave if I'm still on low end of pvp gear and someone complains about being on a team full of recruits. Then I leave.

These are just a few examples from just last night.

Please stop with these threads. There is getting legitimately beaten, that's fine I can take that, then there is just dense play. That I can't take. Are there some players that just can't stand to lose, yeah probably. But if I were to bet, or if we had a poll, I would say most would stay in a loss if they felt their team was at least working together and just got beat by a better team.

Edited by Ridickilis

A quitter CD would be fine if we had separate brackets for premades and casuals, which we haven't. I don't want to be forced to be farmed by premades only in order to avoid a quitter CD.

This.

Years of grinding rockpaperscissors is sooooo old now. Soon as a rated premade wipes my recruit team of derps & solo kings...ya I reque. I really dont give a damn what others think...it's my $$! I pvp for the fun. Bottom line. Soon as a premade or derps take the pvp out of the match....time to reque. I for one appreciate a good match and always looking for one...if it means quitting a few times to find one.

And if SWTOR decides to penalize quitters...I for one will dust off another game again. I got better things to do than believing pee is rain. Steam rollers will never convince me its pvp and my duty to be rolled as a pug:P

Sorry epeens.

Serious? This game has been out this long and they haven't bothered to add a CD for quitters? Even Rift has a 30 minute quitters penalty.

Last warzone we cycled through AT LEAST 9 different people, and there was simply no way to win without the team we started with. We were winning, but so many cycled, we ended up losing. There simply has to be a penalty for that nonsense in the game.. It's remarkable this hasn't already been done.

In this game deserter debuff must be 2 hours at least, or ever 4 hours.

Bads in pugs must stay on wz and provide entertainment for good premades :o

I am a quiter and I dont feel at all bad for doing it :)

I will not participate in a WZ where the other team is so OP that players are dropping in seconds and the objectives are not obtainable by the current group. Nobody likes getting powned that badly and its pointless to continue spawning only to die in seconds. So until BW can workout a solution to the poor matching of gear levels I will continue to leave poorly matched WZ's and if you get your requested penalty it wont change what I do just the frequency of my appearence in the matches. FYI it isnt a penalty because there are a lot thiings to do while waiting for the next fight.

One thing I will add is that when it is a reasonable match my team gets my full participation win or lose !

The sloppy games aren't due to the quitters. Sloppy games are due to people who do not know the objectives of the WZ and how to accomplish them.

Join a premade then. It will keep you from having to back fill as much since the system will be looking for a way to put everyone on your team into the same match. Hell, even if you just teamed with one other person it would cut down on your back filling and probably relieve some of your frustration about the sloppy games as well.

Perhaps they are losses because of the sloppy play style of those that were in it originally?

Quitter debuff won't solve anything, people would still quit, because they would rather spend their time doing something else other than getting frustrated.

Personally, i try to quit as little as possible. If i see 2 or more people in green lvl 40 gear i'll quit before the match even begins. I'm fine and i'll stay if it's all recruits, we've all been there at least once. I'll get frustrated if players reveal themselves to be idiots (not guarding/capping nodes, standing on end zone just waiting to be jumped at, ecc), i'll leave if they don't correct their playing style after i give advice.

Want to give me a 20 minute long deserter debuff? I'll take it and go do something else waiting for the next queue. Want to give me a 2 day long deserter debuff? i'll just learn the timing and engage a battle just in time not to get kicked whilst watching youtube videos or playing some other game during the wait.

I have no problems losing as long as we lose to a good team, premade or not i don't give a ratsass. If i'm on a full recruit team and they are all doing their part, i'll be more than happy to stick around and try my damn best till the very end even if we're 100%-2%, or 400-20 or whatever. I won't and don't stand headless chickens. I don't stand them not only because they are ruining my fun time, they are ruining their own fun time as well. Recruit gear is free, there are no excuses for entering badly-geared in WZs, and no amount of ego will make you think you're a good player if you are getting destroyed in every single game you play. Players should have the self-consciousness to realize there are people who know better, and they should take their advices (kill the guy with the giant crosshair on his head, if you see people with a red text on their head call out for help, always keep an eye on the objective and make sure no one is capping it, stay out of giant red circles on the ground)

Want to give us a deserter debuff? I want a headless chicken debuff that says "Go read a few guides and PTFO!"

On a side note, i'm perfectly fine if someone feels the need to pick off enemies running to the objectives solo. If he's on a 1v1 the enemy team is also 1 short, if he's on a 1v2 in fact it's even better if he can last more than 15 seconds.

On a side note, i'm perfectly fine if someone feels the need to pick off enemies running to the objectives solo. If he's on a 1v1 the enemy team is also 1 short, if he's on a 1v2 in fact it's even better if he can last more than 15 seconds.

Right. But what I see lately is that people (mostly jugs/maras for some reason) spawn and immediately solo-jump into the next group of 5 enemies. This is instant dead and if you have 3 imbecils doing this one after the other, you're short of 3 (imbecils) during the whole WZ.

Edited by Cretinus

Right. But what I see lately is that people (mostly jugs/maras for some reason) spawn and immediately solo-jump into the next group of 5 enemies. This is instant dead and if you have 3 imbecils doing this one after the other, you're short of 3 (imbecils) during the whole WZ.

That i do not approve of obviously... i did specify 1v1 or 1v2... 1v3 maybe if you are a great player, have a lot of cc and you see the 3 guys have 15k hp each. Of course if you think you're about to engage a 1v1 against a guy with 15k hp strong of your full augmented EWH set and 5 stealthed enemies pop up from nowhere that warrants some degree of tolerance :D

When I tag two healers and I notice I am constantly alone in trying to take down said healers, while my teammates continue to bang their head against the Jugg/PT/Sin tank, I'm leaving.

I understand, but you deserve a deserter buff.

When I call three on me on the off node (at the start of a CW) and no one peels, and the 7 teammates STILL lose mid, I'm leaving.

When someone suggests all go left at the start of a VS and 3 go right, I'll give it a minute to see if they take right. If they don't and just get burned quickly, I'm leaving.

If 5 guys are still trying to take down one or two opponents in the first room of VS, while the rest of the opposing team already lowered the bridge and are planting the bomb on the next door, I'm leaving.

When someone on the team has less that 14k HP (ie not in pvp gear), I'm leaving. For the record I'll never leave if I get a whole team full of recruits, only if they violate one of those other things. EDIT: Actually I do leave if I'm still on low end of pvp gear and someone complains about being on a team full of recruits. Then I leave.

-----------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

A repost on a question never answered.

Warcraft, League of Legends, have penalty systems that work, and people understand them.

See example of what happens,

Leaver Buster: League of Legends

Punishment (normal match):

1st offense - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 6 minutes.

2nd and following offenses - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 15 minutes.

If the game was a ranked match, the player loses no elo but the punishment is harsher:

1st offense - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 30 minutes.

2nd and following offenses - Player is unable to join the matchmaking queue for 60 minutes.

This counter resets after 8 hours without leaving during champion select.

This counter is shared between normal and ranked.

Leaving the game before the match is over:

The Leaver Buster system will automatically kick players who remain idle for 5 minutes.

Punishment: No XP/IP granted for the abandoned game and a leave added to the player's profile.

If a game doesn't end (for example for server issues, or because every player left the match), no penalties are given out.

Deserter Buff: Warcraft

Deserter (also known as "Battleground Deserter") is the debuff a player receives after becoming AFK or prematurely leaving a battleground. It exists to deter players from gaining honor at a battleground by attending but not participating. It also prevents players from leaving a battleground due to an unfavorable matchup, and instantly joining another with the hope of a better matchup.

There is also a version of this that is obtained from leaving a Random dungeon before the end.

Link for League of Legends http://leagueoflegends.wikia.com/wiki/Leaver_Buster

Deserter Warcraft Wiki http://www.wowwiki.com/Deserter

My point?

If a FTP game has this, and Warcraft, why not SWTOR?

Edited by Caeliux

If you understand, you wouldn't be calling for a debuff.

Let me spin it back at you, why would you want me there when I clearly don't want to be there? Wouldn't you rather someone leave rather than forcing them to stay and call everyone n00bs for the rest of the match?

I have no idea what other mmo's do with their rules, this is my first mmo experience. So I'm not even going to address that.

Edited by Ridickilis

It's exactly because swtor isn't a ftp that there is no deserter debuff...

I, paying customer, have limited time to pass playing. If i enjoy the time spent playing i'll keep playing.

I spend my limited time on

1.entering a match

2. realize the group is composed mainly by headless chickens (see my previous post for what i mean by that)

This is where the roads diverge. No deserter debuff:

3. Quit the group and requeue immediately

4. Join a game with a better group

5. Win or loss, enjoy the game

What happened there? I left my previous group to deal with their own incompetence. Back fillers will have most probably left WZ and requeued. Considering the state of the servers, this has eaten away about half a minute of queue time.

Deserter debuff:

3. Depending on length of the deserter debuff, i will either quit the match and do something else to enjoy my limited time, though i won't enjoy myself as much as if i were in a decent group (not a winning one, i'm not a sore loser if my opponents deserve to win), OR i will stay in the match and passively wait, definitely not enjoying myself and only doing the required moves to not get kicked.

3.1 If i have quit the match, the poor backfiller will have joined an incompetent team. If he too is incompetent he won't even be able to tell the difference, if he is a dedicated player he will probably either quit and do something else to enjoy his limited time, or stay in and not enjoy himself in the least.

You probably can tell where this is heading... If i can't enjoy the time i spend on the game, i won't pay for it.

I agree that thecurrent system is unfair to the poor backfillers, but they too can simply exit and requeue, and what happens there if everyone does that is that the match will end, and the backfillers queue time if they all left will remain the same, just shifted of the loading screens.

They can't put it in because the matchmaking is terrible enough to infuriate people to the point of quitting. Gotta fix one thing before you can work on another.

all discussions lead back to fixing match making first.

Oh....this thread again...Look, I refuse to stay in a game and watch bads trying to hur dur luke skywalker 3 people especially when I can back out and join an actual game worth playing.

The deserter buff approach tries to coerce Rilok into staying in a WZ he is not enjoying. Improving match making gets Rilok to quit less often by putting him in fewer matches he does not enjoy. Seeing as this is suppose to be recreation/leisure, the latter approach should be preferred.

Many good ideas have been proposed that would result in Rilok not having to quit as many matches as he does now. Our problem is not a lack of good ideas, it is a lack of change to the system.

The sad truth is we won't see any change until after Makeb is released. Sometime after that we'll probably see Rated WZ Season 1 but no improvements to regular WZ. Perhaps after Season 1 we may see structural improvements to regular WZs.

Edited by funkiestj

Lovely responses, but it wont change this game and won't make this game grow without rules.

For a deserter buff to work we will need cross server queues, that way when people are waiting to get back into a game after quitting other people can fill that spot very fast.

Other than that any excuse to quit means you don't care about other people so therefore you need a timeout on the bench till your buff is over.

Quitter mentally needs to be stopped in this game, and only way to provide growth and stability in PVP is to provide rules and guidelines.

Edited by Caeliux

Players will do what they want to do. You can't really stop it. If they put in a lockout for leaving, they would stay in and go afk at a node. Or they'd still leave and jump on a alt and work on that toons daily. Again, players will do what they want. You can't stop it.

This is like saying everyone will rob banks, and there is nothing you can do about it.. This logic is INCREDIBLY flawed, otherwise we wouldn't have rule of law in this world. It can be fixed, and it would not be difficult at all, and it would stop it for the vast majority of people..

I can see the rage when a quitter gets a 30-60 minute cooldown.. I can feel his anger, all the way over here!

Other than that any excuse to quit means you don't care about other people so therefore you need a timeout on the bench till your buff is over.

Hold on a sec here, the same could be said about people that show up in the wrong gear or don't play the objectives. Going after quitters is only part of the problem, those other people in the WZ don't seem to care about anyone else either, otherwise they wouldn't be deathmatching or 'playing the game how they want to'. You que to pvp, winning the WZ and playing objectives should be priority number one. Sadly it seems it isn't.

If there is a quitter debuff, then would you agree that BW should also implement a group kick that's identical to pve? I would be satisfied with that trade-off.

What I find hilarious is..

Some people on this thread seem to think they can instantly determine the quality of their team without playing for a bit.. Calling them headless chickens, and leaving immediately.. This is arrogance, and self centerdness at it's finest, and it's the flaw with todays generation of kids.

What is hilarious - one match last night we had 3 people quit instantly because in the first 2 minutes we didn't take any cannons.. Within 5 minutes we had ALL of the cannons, and won the match. They simply didn't give us time to formulate a proper response to the enemy team, and when we did - we had stronger players. The PVP-Trash that quit never experienced the remarkable comeback because their ADHD got the best of them.

Later, in another match some guy was CONVINCED our team sucked because the enemy team had lots of people over 40, and we had lots of people under 15.. I tried to explain to him the bolster, and the fact that many of us are on alts, and are VERY experienced. He said "No way a 12 marauder can beat a 40!".. So what did he do? He went AFK in the corner while the rest of us fought. The match was very nearly a tie, and we'd of likely won if he wasn't an AFK crying little baby. I was on my 12 Powertech, and did 230,000 damage with 45 kills. The nearest guy was a 47 sorc that did 176,000dmg with 24 kills. So much for the level making you suck, right?

Pathetic. Give the worms a 1 hour cooldown for all I care. While they are at it, start banning the AFK trash players too.

Edited by bodhisattvasw

This is like saying everyone will rob banks, and there is nothing you can do about it.. This logic is INCREDIBLY flawed, otherwise we wouldn't have rule of law in this world. It can be fixed, and it would not be difficult at all, and it would stop it for the vast majority of people..

If you are even halfway-seriously comparing any activity whatsoever in a video game to bank robbery, you should probably sit down and have a serious talk with yourself about how important various things in life are.

What I find hilarious is..

Some people on this thread seem to think they can instantly determine the quality of their team without playing for a bit.. Calling them headless chickens, and leaving immediately.. This is arrogance, and self centerdness at it's finest, and it's the flaw with todays generation of kids.

What is hilarious - one match last night we had 3 people quit instantly because in the first 2 minutes we didn't take any cannons.. Within 5 minutes we had ALL of the cannons, and won the match. They simply didn't give us time to formulate a proper response to the enemy team, and when we did - we had stronger players. The PVP-Trash that quit never experienced the remarkable comeback because their ADHD got the best of them.

Later, in another match some guy was CONVINCED our team sucked because the enemy team had lots of people over 40, and we had lots of people under 15.. I tried to explain to him the bolster, and the fact that many of us are on alts, and are VERY experienced. He said "No way a 12 marauder can beat a 40!".. So what did he do? He went AFK in the corner while the rest of us fought. The match was very nearly a tie, and we'd of likely won if he wasn't an AFK crying little baby. I was on my 12 Powertech, and did 230,000 damage with 45 kills. The nearest guy was a 47 sorc that did 176,000dmg with 24 kills. So much for the level making you suck, right?

Pathetic. Give the worms a 1 hour cooldown for all I care. While they are at it, start banning the AFK trash players too.

Someone that uses logic and truth as I do ^

+1