Does armor matter in PVP?

UGunaLOSE

Just out of curiosity! I have seen some gaurdians/juggs wearing light armor instead of heavy armor. I asked why they did that and they said because it looked cooler to them. So I want to know:

Does a guardian/jugg wearing light armor, instead of heavy armor, negatively affect them in PVP?

Does a guardian/jugg wearing light armor, instead of heavy armor, negatively affect them in PVP?

Assuming it's actually Light Armor and not Adaptive Armor, it would negatively affect their performance because it would reduce their K/E damage reduction, causing them to take more damage. In all likelihood, they're not actually wearing Light Armor but are actually wearing Adaptive Armor: Light Armor comes preloaded with Willpower rather than Strength so even the stats are inappropriate and unlikely to be used by a different class without a lot of serious modification; Adaptive Armor can look like whatever it chooses to (the Covert and Elegant armor sets show more skin than actual clothing, which would suggest that they're Light even though they're Adaptive) while mechanically operating as the highest weight armor that the person can equip (Consulars treat it as light, Sents and Smuggs treat it as medium, Troopers and Guardians treat it as heavy).

HAHAHA i know the difference between adaptive and light armor. It was LIGHT ARMOR! And it was one of those battlemaster survivor robes and they just put it on with war hero mods. I was just curious because he didn't give me a reasonable answer as to why he was wearing that stuff

light 20%~

medium 25%~

heavy 30%~

it matters, but not by much.

survivability is determined by defensive cd's, talent points, and tanking stance.

the squishiest class in the game is wearing heavy armor fyi.

And that tanking stance is why heavy armor is important. Especially because shield utility is getting buffed in 2.0.

Depends how much light/medium armor you wear in total compared to your native heavy/medium. On my guardian I'm wearing two piece of medium armor cause I like the look and haven't notice much of a different. It's some thing like 31-29 percent armor difference, which isn't much. Although I do plan to swap one piece for an adept piece. Just haven't gotten around to it.