7/10 - Warzone Playtest Session

EricMusco

• Dev Post

Hey folks!

Let's get together for our first focused PTS playtest session. Here are the details:

• When: Tuesday, 7/10 from 4PM PDT - 7PM PDT
  • What: Queue for regular (unranked) Warzones
  • Character: Any character level 10+, any spec, any Faction

Members of the dev team will be incognito playing matches all night as well. Be sure to record any and all feedback you have in the Warzone Changes and Matchmaking Changes threads. We look forward to seeing your feedback. If you can't make this session, don't worry. We will be planning more sessions for this coming weekend as well (pending PTS status). You can learn more about the PTS here.

Thanks!

-eric

Edited by EricMusco

Hey folks!

Let's get together for our first focused PTS playtest session. Here are the details:

• When: Tuesday, 7/10 from 4PM PDT - 7PM PDT
  • What: Queue for regular (unranked) Warzones
  • Character: Any character level 10+, any spec, any Faction

Members of the dev team will be incognito playing matches all night as well. Be sure to record any and all feedback you have in the Warzone Changes and Matchmaking Changes threads. We look forward to seeing your feedback. If you can't make this session, don't worry. We will be planning more sessions for this coming weekend as well (pending PTS status). You can learn more about the PTS here.

Thanks!

-eric

Have the alluded to buffs been added to Sorcs on the PTS? Will we be able to test any buffs or nerfs before they end up on the live servers.

If I may suggest for next time, could you set a time when also EU can participate? 4 PM PDT is 1 AM in Central Europe so we would have to skip sleep to participate :(

Even though 4 PM PDT suits me better, 4PM EST would be better and more fair for everyone.

Eric, you really need to post “PTS testing” on the login screen to get a wider audience.

Then add a caveat that says “refer to the PTS forum for details”. This allows you to make as many planned events as you want because people will know to check the pts forums and the events will be more successful.

That way we get people to download to test and when you run planned testing times, they already have it downloaded.

Edited by TrixxieTriss

I hope it goes well. I'd offer to join but I'm just not very good at PvP. I hope that you guys will also have a dialogue about the stronghold, both the PvP and the PvE elements in the future.

I suspect, given what they are testing, that having you bumbling around will still help them gather the data they need.

I suspect, given what they are testing, that having you bumbling around will still help them gather the data they need.

And bumbing it would be, lol. I actualy do quite well in matches if there's someone who takes charge and gives clear, useful instructions. My gear is all gold level, with the exception of the pants and sniper rifle, but everything has gold augments as well. Mostly, it's a matter of not really understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

And bumbing it would be, lol. I actualy do quite well in matches if there's someone who takes charge and gives clear, useful instructions. My gear is all gold level, with the exception of the pants and sniper rifle, but everything has gold augments as well. Mostly, it's a matter of not really understanding what I'm supposed to be doing.

All are welcome. Come play :D

All are welcome. Come play :D

Agreed. Please play if you want, and don't stay away just because you think "I'm not that good". I don't know if you've PvP'd at all on the PTS before, but in my experience it is MUCH more relaxed. People mostly understand they are there to test, and and are much more forgiving of those of us who are not super stars. :D

(And if people start giving you a hard time, just claim you are a dev in disguise :p )

I'm hoping some of the weekend sessions can start earlier. I am in Ireland, so might come in at the start, but would like to do more.

Helping as much as I can with the testing seems the least I can do. You keep pushing the boundaries the game these days. Listening more to us--and responding. Creating boss battles that are awesome in difficulties and mechanics (maybe a little too awesome--any way for an easier starter level so even we, the ham-fisted, can enjoy them?). Copero gave new insight to the Chiss, and I hope to see more of them in the future. Nathema floored me with its graphics. And now a SH that features flexibility and new activities in it.

I want to see where this takes the game. If the PTS helps iron out the inevitable glitches or allows us to help create a SH that works for more people, count me in!

Thank you!

He does say any toon level 10+, so I presume there will be devs in lowbies and midbies too.

Nah, they will all be awesome specced 70s ready to make us pay with mega slaughter on any of us who have ever moaned on the forums :D Only Eshvara is safe - she never moans :)

Nah, they will all be awesome specced 70s ready to make us pay with mega slaughter on any of us who have ever moaned on the forums :D Only Eshvara is safe - she never moans :)

I wouldn't worry about that happening. When swtor started ranked pvp the devs q'd for awhile with a sub-optimal team and no augments and, to my knowledge, didn't win a single match. They take out their frustrations with players in other ways.

Edited by Savej

I wouldn't worry about that happening. When swtor started ranked pvp the devs q'd for awhile with a sub-optimal team and no augments and, to my knowledge, didn't win a single match. They take out their frustrations with players in other ways.

Good to know. Though like many others I'm in Britain/Europe so the time of the gathering excludes us :( Maybe that's the punishment?

Edited by Sarova

they beat the france team xd