So, no more queuing for PvP along with PvE...

What you are most likely experiencing is the Group Finder queuing people up as a class they are not. For an example, I can not tell you how many times my DPS Merc (Even though I carefully selected him as DPS *I have video to prove this...had to make a video because people kept acting like I had no idea how to use the Group Finder Properly when I reported it as a bug) and instead of it queuing you as DPS, it would queue you as a Healer.

Same here, after 6 months, they STILL didn't fix that bug. If you select DPS on a advanced class that is DPS or healer or on an advanced class that can pick between DPS and tank, the GF randomly changes your role (unless you are the group leader or a healer/tank groups with you).

This is bugged for months.

But, apperently, having a party Jawa is more important to the game than this: bugs that don't affect their precious favored hardcore guilds aren't important to them, I suppose.

Edited by Yogol

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

This was a bad change, for reasons already stated. So people were leaving warzones to go do FPs. Big deal. Warzones happen every 15 minutes. Players can backfill.

Now we have a situation where people are forced to twiddle their thumbs waiting for the LFG instead of enjoying the game.

I say put it back.

If you don't want to put it back (even though you should), make it like the Rated Warzone queue. Let people queue for both, and hold the queue until everyone is out of warzone. Simple.

I agree with Wraiven 100% and it shocks me that there aren't more people that do.

Leaving warzone for rage quitting is the same thing as leaving for a GF pop so y bother removing it at all? Doesn't make any sense to me. My solution for my 50 was queue GF and didn't even bother PVP'ing at all in protest.

This post below make a nice point though about a possible change that would benefit both parties but it isn't a complete solution.

Well, I can cheer cause I think the Group Finder sucks anyway and I really really don't want it in any game. It was a disaster when it was implemented in WoW and it has not been any better here.

BUT - moving on, what is the problem of doing this:

Queue for both.

PvP pops - do the PvP match.

Queue for both.

PvP pops - dot he PvP match.

Queue for both.

Perhaps a flashpoint pops?

Is that a huge problem?

Edit, addition:

After thinking about it, an even better way would be that you cannot get invited to a group of PvP while doing FP or invited to a FP while doing PvP, but you remain on the top of FP list if one should have popped for you while you were doing a WZ.

What I mean is that you keep your queued time but the pop can only happen between FP/PvP for the other.

I agree with Wraiven 100% and it shocks me that there aren't more people that do.

Leaving warzone for rage quitting is the same thing as leaving for a GF pop so y bother removing it at all? Doesn't make any sense to me. My solution for my 50 was queue GF and didn't even bother PVP'ing at all in protest.

This post below make a nice point though about a possible change that would benefit both parties but it isn't a complete solution.

What you quoted doesn't work because each time you queue for both, you are putting yourself at the bottom of two lists, one of which moves MUCH faster than the other. As a DPS queuing for both every time would result in you literally never getting a FP pop (at least on JC).

Not sure if this was meant sarcastically...but I hope so.

I pretty much never PvP, since I don't really enjoy it. But almost everybody I know in game agrees that PvPing makes players BETTER in PvE (although you PvPers love your knockbacks a bit too much!) And except for LI, those HM FPs and SM ops available in the LFG can be completed easily by people wearing level 49 blues so PvP gear would be fine.

Besides, most PvP players keep their PvE gear on hand so they can change into it immediately.

you are so wrong about pvp making better pvers that i just had to respond.

the opposite is true as pvp attracts the unguided solo minded players in these games that go off and do what ever they want. when ever you have a mini game like pvp whose reward system benefits those that go off and do their own thing then getting rewarded on LOSING you can NOT make better players in a system whose reward system is based on team work and WINNING. better players are better players and one doesnt make the other. pvp is nothing more than a means for terrible players to get end game gear through dying over and over. this is why it is so popular and why pvpers make so many threads about imbalance issues and the such. it is never them that is at fault but the game. pvp as it is currently being implemented in wow clone mmos is contributing absolutely nothing constructive to the mmo genre. it is doing just the opposite and being rather destructive.

i was rather surprised this game allowed keeping your queue while in a war zone as other mmos would kick you from it like this game is now changing to. if it was done at the beginning there wouldn't be a thread about this nonsense.

you are so wrong about pvp making better pvers that i just had to respond.

the opposite is true as pvp attracts the unguided solo minded players in these games that go off and do what ever they want. when ever you have a mini game like pvp whose reward system benefits those that go off and do their own thing then getting rewarded on LOSING you can NOT make better players in a system whose reward system is based on team work and WINNING. better players are better players and one doesnt make the other. pvp is nothing more than a means for terrible players to get end game gear through dying over and over. this is why it is so popular and why pvpers make so many threads about imbalance issues and the such. it is never them that is at fault but the game. pvp as it is currently being implemented in wow clone mmos is contributing absolutely nothing constructive to the mmo genre. it is doing just the opposite and being rather destructive.

i was rather surprised this game allowed keeping your queue while in a war zone as other mmos would kick you from it like this game is now changing to. if it was done at the beginning there wouldn't be a thread about this nonsense.

You are both right. Some PvPers think they are RAMBO, while others are extremely team oriented. You are going to get both types...no matter what you do.

Me, I'm the 50/50 guy. I PvE just as much as I PvP, and to be honest, I'm not half bad at either.

I dont understand this change from BW.

I also don't understand either from where all the trolls in this thread keep getting their information ?

How do you know for sure you get declined for WZs precisely ? Have you all got some kind of metrics, or a poll that I don't have ? Because when I get a decline all it tells me is that "somebody declined and that I've been put to the top of the queue with my group"...

But this probably flies way over your heads. So to put it more simply let me use an example : today I queued for 2 hours on the fleet for my flashpoint...and when it finally popped up, somebody declined it ! Oh joy...truly the new system definitely rewards its players.

And stop using absurd argument like "zomg he quitz gr0p f1nd3r c0z of pvp, nerf pvp wzs ques lulz", because in the end, all there is is left is general chat to remind you that you are still playing an mmo, and that is a pretty small consolation prize.

I'm sorry but I don't see the "problem fixed", in fact I don't even think there really was a problem in the first place. All it's done is inflict even more boredom onto the servers.

I know it's biased but to me, it's as if Bioware turned around and said to me : "Bored of wzs ? Well f*** you consumer ! No PVE breaks for you !!! Now there is no way you can escape the boredom that I am going to inflict upon you mwhahahahahaha!".

Also the idea that quitters hurt WZs is ridiculous. Quitters either way carry the team and get sick of it....or they are noobs that can't handle a few loses, either way your team wasn't really up to scratch and nothing in the world was going to magically make you win this match. With OR without quitters. No offence meant.

Also the bug is question is pretty frequent, that's pretty much the only time I ever decline joining a group for FP. The other time, well, I forgot that I was in group finder and by the time I finally got a group I already hit my desired level for the day hence I didn't bother with it.

It makes leveling my alts boring. It makes my main gear grinding even more boring. I love my server and chatting on general chat...but seriously ? There are plenty of other services that offer chats. And at the moment, I'm pretty much chatting all the time. Not really worth 15bucks in my honest opinion.

Now do not misinterpret this as a QQ post that leads to the inevitable "zomg imma gonna unsub , gone to GW2 lulz byez guix" statement. I love this game. I'm a dweeb, I love star wars and I love messing about with stats and customisation. I have 5 lvl50s and to be fair, I've invested enough into this game to be able to ride through enough tough patches (no pun intended, well kinda), but as a consumer wh's experienced a fair amount of what the game has to offer I now feel more restricted and bored and i know I'm not the only one who feels like that on my server.

I do hope bioware's "holier than thou" metrics will eventually show them that people are STILL declining flashpoints despite their wonderful, foolproof fix. Maybe build on the idea that declining a place in a FP excludes you from queuing up again for 90minutes ? That in my mind would seem more fair than actively punishing players who want to keep boredom at bay.

Players cannot form groups, they cannot do dailies, they cannot kill world bosses, they cannot do pvp...they must wait for a group that may never come within their playtime bracket. Absolutely retarded fix.

Actually players on my serve have started to revert back to the old general chat LFG spam technique. Congratulations Bioware, your players have opted for completely ignoring your social group finder, must make the devs who designed it feel good about themselves...

I dont understand this change from BW.

I also don't understand either from where all the trolls in this thread keep getting their information ?

How do you know for sure you get declined for WZs precisely ? Have you all got some kind of metrics, or a poll that I don't have ? Because when I get a decline all it tells me is that "somebody declined and that I've been put to the top of the queue with my group"...

But this probably flies way over your heads. So to put it more simply let me use an example : today I queued for 2 hours on the fleet for my flashpoint...and when it finally popped up, somebody declined it ! Oh joy...truly the new system definitely rewards its players.

And stop using absurd argument like "zomg he quitz gr0p f1nd3r c0z of pvp, nerf pvp wzs ques lulz", because in the end, all there is is left is general chat to remind you that you are still playing an mmo, and that is a pretty small consolation prize.

I'm sorry but I don't see the "problem fixed", in fact I don't even think there really was a problem in the first place. All it's done is inflict even more boredom onto the servers.

I know it's biased but to me, it's as if Bioware turned around and said to me : "Bored of wzs ? Well f*** you consumer ! No PVE breaks for you !!! Now there is no way you can escape the boredom that I am going to inflict upon you mwhahahahahaha!".

Also the idea that quitters hurt WZs is ridiculous. Quitters either way carry the team and get sick of it....or they are noobs that can't handle a few loses, either way your team wasn't really up to scratch and nothing in the world was going to magically make you win this match. With OR without quitters. No offence meant.

Also the bug is question is pretty frequent, that's pretty much the only time I ever decline joining a group for FP. The other time, well, I forgot that I was in group finder and by the time I finally got a group I already hit my desired level for the day hence I didn't bother with it.

It makes leveling my alts boring. It makes my main gear grinding even more boring. I love my server and chatting on general chat...but seriously ? There are plenty of other services that offer chats. And at the moment, I'm pretty much chatting all the time. Not really worth 15bucks in my honest opinion.

Now do not misinterpret this as a QQ post that leads to the inevitable "zomg imma gonna unsub , gone to GW2 lulz byez guix" statement. I love this game. I'm a dweeb, I love star wars and I love messing about with stats and customisation. I have 5 lvl50s and to be fair, I've invested enough into this game to be able to ride through enough tough patches (no pun intended, well kinda), but as a consumer wh's experienced a fair amount of what the game has to offer I now feel more restricted and bored and i know I'm not the only one who feels like that on my server.

I do hope bioware's "holier than thou" metrics will eventually show them that people are STILL declining flashpoints despite their wonderful, foolproof fix. Maybe build on the idea that declining a place in a FP excludes you from queuing up again for 90minutes ? That in my mind would seem more fair than actively punishing players who want to keep boredom at bay.

Players cannot form groups, they cannot do dailies, they cannot kill world bosses, they cannot do pvp...they must wait for a group that may never come within their playtime bracket. Absolutely retarded fix.

Actually players on my serve have started to revert back to the old general chat LFG spam technique. Congratulations Bioware, your players have opted for completely ignoring your social group finder, must make the devs who designed it feel good about themselves...

My name is Wraiven and I approve this message.

This was a bad change. Wastes alot of my time. I loved queuing for both especially on my dps toons. Had to start queueing as healer on my sage just to get a pop in a reasonable amount of time. As heals or tank it's nearly instant pop so no big deal. But as a dps it takes forever. Can't wait till I get my implants so I can stop doing FP's altogether.

This only hurts the pve'er imo. Increases the wait time for queue's. No one really cares if someone leaves a warzone. If you're losing you're gonna loose half your team anyways. It's rare to even have a win without someone dropping out for whatever reason. Having a person drop out to take a FP queue isn't even noticeable.

I really don't see a problem with this change. In fact, I welcome it. Yes, there are "rage quitters" but what this does is cut down on the over all amount of folks who quit a WZ regardless of the reason (and may cut down on those who leave a pug FP .. 'specially when it's going badly .. to catch their WZ pop??).

As for the real reasons for the change?

I have no idea but from what folks have talked about, in regards to those who quit a WZ is that there is no way to penalize them (in a fair manner) since it could be an emergency, a connection issue, an honest to goodness rage quitter, a person who just got a pop for a FP, a person who decides not to play with the retarded one armed monkey people that have formed the remainder of his or her WZ group, etc..

However, I imagine one thing Bioware has in their possession is a metric or three that shows some of those leaving a WZ do so because a FP popped (and judging by a few of the folks in this thread, apparently it happened more than any of us thinks). That --- they can fix fairly easy since they are sure it's not because the player caught fire or it's dinner time, or what ever.

I do not see how folks who are against this change seem to think their time is any more special than someone else's time. I also do not see how any one can sit for 2 or 3 hours, doing nothing and then complain about how valuable their time is. That boggles my mind. I mean honestly, how can you sit there for two hours or so (heck, even 30 minutes) and wait for something to happen?

If you are waiting for a FP pop .. go farm some credits, go farm some mats, go farm some items, etc and so on... However, "you" sitting there doing nothing and complaining that "you" are sitting there doing nothing seems a bit childish and immature.

I mean honestly. Make a choice. Make a decision.

Do one or do the other.

But, regardless of which one "you" decide to do ... there are others things "you" can be doing while "you" wait for a pop.

And yes, one of those things is to come to the forums to complain about how valuable your time is while telling us you just sat for 2-3 hours doing absolutely nothing.

On my server (The Bastion) this change effectively killed low-level group finder for FPs.

As a healer I used to wait like 10-15 minutes to get an invitation for daily FP, now it takes from 30 minutes to infinity. Queuing for FP as DPS? Forget it.

Absolutely terrible decision from Bioware.

I really don't see a problem with this change. In fact, I welcome it. Yes, there are "rage quitters" but what this does is cut down on the over all amount of folks who quit a WZ regardless of the reason (and may cut down on those who leave a pug FP .. 'specially when it's going badly .. to catch their WZ pop??).

As for the real reasons for the change?

I have no idea but from what folks have talked about, in regards to those who quit a WZ is that there is no way to penalize them (in a fair manner) since it could be an emergency, a connection issue, an honest to goodness rage quitter, a person who just got a pop for a FP, a person who decides not to play with the retarded one armed monkey people that have formed the remainder of his or her WZ group, etc..

However, I imagine one thing Bioware has in their possession is a metric or three that shows some of those leaving a WZ do so because a FP popped (and judging by a few of the folks in this thread, apparently it happened more than any of us thinks). That --- they can fix fairly easy since they are sure it's not because the player caught fire or it's dinner time, or what ever.

I do not see how folks who are against this change seem to think their time is any more special than someone else's time. I also do not see how any one can sit for 2 or 3 hours, doing nothing and then complain about how valuable their time is. That boggles my mind. I mean honestly, how can you sit there for two hours or so (heck, even 30 minutes) and wait for something to happen?

If you are waiting for a FP pop .. go farm some credits, go farm some mats, go farm some items, etc and so on... However, "you" sitting there doing nothing and complaining that "you" are sitting there doing nothing seems a bit childish and immature.

I mean honestly. Make a choice. Make a decision.

Do one or do the other.

But, regardless of which one "you" decide to do ... there are others things "you" can be doing while "you" wait for a pop.

And yes, one of those things is to come to the forums to complain about how valuable your time is while telling us you just sat for 2-3 hours doing absolutely nothing.

Let me get this right, your argument is that Bioware was right to implement the change, because my time isn't valuable ? Really ?... Time investment isn't valuable in a MMO ? I don't know whether to lol or to rofl on this one.

Stop being a troll and justifying poor decisions on the basis that our time isn't worth anything. That is a pathetic excuse, and quite frankly doesn't answer nor explains anything. Actually the only thing it shows it that you don't seem to understand that the only two things a consumer has to work with are his time, and his money.

Also if you have problems with waiting over 30minutes for anything, you must find getting through life pretty difficult. If that last statement escapes you, then you probably are a kid who has yet to experience the grind of life.

See, everyone can make uninformed guesses and call each other immature one way or another.

So back on subject, what do you honesly expect lvl50s to do when they log in ? The end-game content is repetitive enough that having to wait even longer for any of it is becoming somewhat frustrating.

And by the way, sitting for 2 hours doing nothing is what I have to do now yes. That is precisely my point. Before the patch, I was doing things. Now I can't. Do-you-understand-now?

I can only play for a few hours a day, and before that I could do wzs in the meantime working on my WH set. Now I just have to sit there, waiting for hopefully a group which might not come so yes, eventually I do have to log off. But that isnt a very fun thing to play now is it ?

And please enlighten me on all these wondrous things that I can do while waiting for FP to pop up.

-Crafting ? Check.

-Farming mats or credits ? That's what crew skills and dailies are there for, so check.

-Farming items/gear ? Are you serious ? You need to be be doing ops to get anything worthwhile at lvl50, if you dont even know this then pretty much anything you've said here has instantly become invalid.

-Solo questing ? I'm lvl50 so unless you somehow got the new expansion pack I don't really see myself having fun redoing boring H2's on Ilum. Also this applies to lowbies, they cant do heroics while waiting for the FP, being in a group of any kind cancels the queue. So this one is a check as well.

-Running mindlessly around the fleet and loling at general chat ? Check.

I'd also like to point out that all most of the things I "can do" while waiting involve single-player gameplay... when I'm playing an MMO. Interesting.

But none of this has anything to do with why this "fix" was put in place, it's got to do with people dropping out of FP queues because PVE is any MMO's top priority, and therefore has to be fixed. It's got nothing to do with people dropping out of wzs.

To be quite frank, they don't give a monkey's about pvpers. Anything goes as long as it doesn't affect the pve'ers since it represents the majority of players.

I actually wouldn't mind FPs queues if they actually were functional lol. At this moment in time, I got to wait for hours for a FP. If it was 15 or 30 minutes, then yes I'd have no problem with that. It's the two hours of doing nothing that is wrong about this system. If you are going the route of mutually exclusive queues, then make both of them effective. It really isn't that hard to understand.

So while that might upset some people, if they did allow cross servers instances, then we wouldn't have to wait so long for the content becoming available to play. But Bioware seems intent on keeping servers to themselves as a mean to build a stronger community.

And right now it's a community of bored players.

Edited by Alkazarr

I hate this change myself. On The Shadowhand I could get in 6 to 8 wz's before my HM queue popped. (1.5 to 2 hours) If it is a close match I won't leave, but if there is no chance of coming back, I am the only one who loses out by leaving.

I agree completely .... I have pvp personally ... its not my cup of tea. I am a raider at heart but week long waits on raids force me to do something with my 5 50's and its generally GF HMFPs. My tank queues instantly after 4pm same with my healer with very little wait generally. But my 3 dps seem to take hours . I used to be able to pound out a pvp daily in the time i was waiting for queue to pop.

THAT BEING SAID. I know i was a bad pvper because if PVE queue popped i didnt care if i had 10 seconds left for a win i hit accept and took off. i can see how it would be worse if i was in a team who was barely winning with 1 min left when i took off and then they lost because they where all of a sudden one or two men down.

BUT this should be the difference between ranked and unranked..... right now because there is no solo queue for ranked warzones, unranked warzones are flooded with WH gear ubers who make unranked not fun, then you couple that with the fact that we get taken out of the queue list and have to start all over again looking for a party for HM FPs. So now instead of PVPing we are sitting around fleet waiting or farming crafting mats on illum or belsavis with the 400 other people waiting for HM FPs.

This last merger IMHO was a big mistake ..... queue times are not faster .... for pvp or pve from what i have noticed. General chat can no longer be effectively used for LFG (looking for group rather then LFM looking for more) because it gets flooded with the 100 people who are in queue waiting around who are also LFG.

I dont know the solution to this issue... and maybe free to play will bring it. Influx of players some of which will decide they want to sub increaseing sub numbers and all. but since 4 dps cant do GF together successfully with no dedicated healer or tank, its always going to be the 700 dps trying to catch the 20 healers and 5 tanks who care enough about BH coms to do HMFPs. Which isnt many cause healers and tanks generally are the important ones in OPS so they usually already have there gear and have no reason to do HMs anymore.

But long live PVP i guess its bad enough PVE'ers have to do PVP for best in slot relics ... now you force us to do NOTHING while waiting to PVE.... hours of waiting makes me want to play another game , not another character.

Again this really sucks. I consider myself a 50/50 PVE/PVP person. This change has knocked me down to like 20% pvp since as many others have mentioned my time is very important to me.

When I am in a WZ I could care less if someone rage quits or GF pops or whatever. As the patch stated back filled slots will be filled more frequently so not really a huge issue to me.

Congrats if you wanted me to PVP a lot less than I did b4. One less person even bothering with his pvp dailies.

Again this really sucks. I consider myself a 50/50 PVE/PVP person. This change has knocked me down to like 20% pvp since as many others have mentioned my time is very important to me.

When I am in a WZ I could care less if someone rage quits or GF pops or whatever. As the patch stated back filled slots will be filled more frequently so not really a huge issue to me.

Congrats if you wanted me to PVP a lot less than I did b4. One less person even bothering with his pvp dailies.

There is another topic on this very thing that has a few good ideas as well. Would be nice if the two threads could converge in to one thread. Keeping the ideas and conversation consolidated.

Here is the other thread.

Check it out and maybe we can put the two thread's heads together and come up with something that we could get implemented.

Know i'm late to this thread and also knowing it's a complaint about not being able to Queue for both PVP and PVE continuously at the same time..

However, from the first few pages i read and the last... and also seeing how the people complained a lot about Waiting times for PVE queue's.

My questions - Does no one in MMO's try to form a group outside of the Group Finder?

Stop waiting and make some PVP/PVE friends

Know i'm late to this thread and also knowing it's a complaint about not being able to Queue for both PVP and PVE continuously at the same time..

However, from the first few pages i read and the last... and also seeing how the people complained a lot about Waiting times for PVE queue's.

My questions - Does no one in MMO's try to form a group outside of the Group Finder?

With the sharp decline in population and consolidation of servers, a lot of people are forced to make new friends.

The best way to meet those people is to be paired up with them. The alternative is general being a scrolling wall of LFG spam.

With the group finder, I can be on any planet, doing anything (that i'm not already grouped for) and get a group.

It also rewards players for using it to find a group by offering very lucrative rewards of daily and blackhole comms.

Edited by anakedcowboy

The group finder was created to make it easier to form groups, not make it harder. It was also created to cut the LFM chat down from General Chat.