Maintenance: June 13th, 2017

EricMusco

Players who defeat the Infernal Council in the Eternity Vault will now receive the “Defeating the Infernal Council” Achievement as intended.

Will the Council need to be defeated again (all 4 combinations) or will the Acievements be granted for those who already did that previously?

Will the Council need to be defeated again (all 4 combinations) or will the Acievements be granted for those who already did that previously?

My money's on having to fight them again in each mode... which isn't a problem since it's one of the easier Ops ;)

• Dev Post

Heads up, I just added another patch note:

• The [Weekly] Story Uprisings Mission now only requires 5 completed Uprisings, down from 10.

The Council will need to be defeated again for the Achievements.

-eric

Heads up, I just added another patch note:

• The [Weekly] Story Uprisings Mission now only requires 5 completed Uprisings, down from 10.

The Council will need to be defeated again for the Achievements.

-eric

Eric, will the Dev team consider making more customization options in future patches for the non-Human species? We have a gargantuan amount of appearance options for humans but there are sadly a lot of races that seem to be neglected, for example Cathar, Twi'lek, Zabrak, Chiss, Rattataki and Miraluka. It would be amazing to see new customization options added for those races.

Not to sound ungrateful, but can we get some explanation of the ships you chose to give everyone for GSF? We've been asking you to give everyone a gunship and a bomber for years now, yes, but... you decided to make it the worst ships in the class, for some reason?

GSF is hard enough to get into as it is without trying to trap people into bad ships. New players are not going to realize that they should get something else with their intro req rather than just upgrading what you're giving them. This does hurt the game. I'm grateful for any attention we get at all, but choices like that make it harder to retain people.

Edited by DakhathKilrathi

Not to sound ungrateful, but can we get some explanation of the ships you chose to give everyone for GSF? We've been asking you to give everyone a gunship and a bomber for years now, yes, but... you decided to make it the worst ships in the class, for some reason?

GSF is hard enough to get into as it is without trying to trap people into bad ships. New players are not going to realize that they should get something else with their intro req rather than just upgrading what you're giving them. This does hurt the game. I'm grateful for any attention we get at all, but choices like that make it harder to retain people.

Although the Decimus/Sledgehammer sucks, the the Condor/Jurgoran (T2 Gunship) is in the meta.

Edited by FlavivsAetivs

Keith, is this the Update that will have the 120-130% speed boost. I know it was said to be in this 5.2.2 update, but things can change.

And will i finally be given that Tier 300 for free along with everyone else, I would love to thank you personally for that 1:p

Yeah, i know i'm wishing lol.

Hello,

Some players were speculating in the Fleet chat, and some were pretty sure, that Sage boost is coming in this patch. I personally do not believe that, since there is nothing in the Patch notes to indicate this. But if there's a slight chance for this to be true, can someone from the Developer team or any of authorized people confirm this?

Thank you very much :)

Although the Decimus/Sledgehammer sucks, the the Condor/Jurgoran (T2 Gunship) is in the meta.

Okay. Here's the relevant portion from the patch notes:

The following ships are now available for all players in their Galactic Starfighter Ship Hanger:

Republic:

The Sledgehammer

SGS-41B Comet Breaker

Imperial:

B-5 Decimus

GSS-5C Dustmaker

What does the Condor/Jurg have to do with anything?

Thank you for the heads up, I will get that cleared up.

I confirmed with the team that you can in fact get Grade 10 materials from the Jawa Scrap Vendors. They also noted that they are more expensive than other materials so I got some clarification on the exact scrap costs by quality:

• Premium - 12 per
  • Prototype - 6 per
  • Artifact - 3 per

I will get this information added to the patch notes as well!

-eric

That is cool. And how about missing Cybertech Grade 10 grenades schamtatics ? Well I will be ready to be suprised ! :rak_03:

Keith, is this the Update that will have the 120-130% speed boost. I know it was said to be in this 5.2.2 update, but things can change.

It's in the patch notes which are officially posted:

New mount speed Legacy Perks are available for purchase, Speeder Piloting 4 and Speeder Piloting 5. They increase mounted speed by 120% and 130% respectively.

They aren't giving up on monetizing GSF entirely. If they gave away the best ships in those classes at the start, why would anyone ever buy any of the other options?

All servers are once again available, thanks everyone!

-eric

1) Thank you for a speedy resolution to today's maintenance. :)

2) Damn you - I had ear-marked the 4 hour maintenance window as time for watching S3 Star Wars Rebels. ;)

Now I have to choose!!!!!! :confused:

All The Best

Hey everyone!

We will be taking the servers offline on Tuesday, June 13th in order to apply Game Update 5.2.2. The website will also be unavailable during this time.

Details:

DATE: 13 June 2017

TIME: 5:00AM - 9:00AM PDT (1200 - 1600 GMT)

VERSION: 5.2.2

Patch Notes will be available on Monday, here.

Thank you for your patience as we maintain Star Wars™: The Old Republic™!

-eric

It's good to see that we've finally learned to tell 'em four and take less. That's the smart way to play things.

Now: Can EA keep the servers up as scheduled, particularly for the East Coast NA players? That's the $15/month question right there.