Update on Ilum Open World PvP issues

GabeAmatangelo

• Replies 3.1k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

you guys who what a rollback... You guys obviously know NOTHING about mmos.

There is NO way to rollback one aspect of the game. IF biowear dose any rollbacks, it would affect EVERY PLAYER ON EVER SERVER. what dose that mean? it means that just about everyone who invested ANY time into there characters today would be pissed and quit the game...

Rollbacks are NEVER an option.

LOL you could easily rollback Valor gain. This isn't rocket science.

Well, I couldnt fint the "Cancel subscription" button on the subscription panel, so I removed my account information. I'll see tomorrow what happens.

At the end of this month, I am going away for three months. After that, I will check in on the patch notes, see how the game stands. I might re-subscribe after that, if they have made major changes, major improvments.

Otherwise, my hope lies with other games.

Let's play a game of "Who didn't read the first post and thinks there's no rollback or repercussions coming to those who exploited" shall we?

I'm willing to bet the next 10 or so posts beneath this one are gonna be about no rollback :)

Let's weed out those that read and those that like to complain ^_^ it will be fun, I promise :p lol

Starting to think Star Wars is just not ment to be an MMO. All this stuff today reminds me of SWG-CU.. No one listened then, and seems no one is now. History repeats its self holds true with Star Wars MMOs. I have little hope that this will come to an acceptable end for anyone. Someone is getting the shaft.

1) This is a new MMO, there will be bugs from untested content, and prompt fixes and balances put in place...the same happened in vanilla for WoW

I dont recall 70% of the Alliance players having Grand Marshall a month after it was implemented.

I'm really disappointed... Honestly, I am lost for words.

I hope this gets fixed and I hope those who exploited the game are punished accordingly.

This whole experience has been worse than watching Scar let go of Mufasa's paw in the Lion King. QQ.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

LOL!!!!!! ^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^^

You big babies really believe a company wouldn't have all it's bases covered?!

Bioware The PVP part of this game is not fun at all.

You don't have any kind of balance, You have copied warcraft way to closely, the lag is absurd. Can you please address seriously your performance issues.

I can't help but feel you are not taking PVP or the community seriously at all. If you were how in the hell could you have created the mess that is the crap on Ilum?

I am beeging you as a paying customer to please fix your PVP, please fix your performance issues, Please make this part of the game fun. Right now it is not.

Your PVP is a bad experience. I love to pvp but I am only having fun in your game when I PVE because the experience over all that you created is the worst I have ever endured.

I keep trying because I am hopeful and I don't want all the effort I put into my character to be in vain. But you have a serious problem here and need to fix it yesterday.

Please do a better job, listen to your community and quality check your product better and fix your engine now or this game as great as it 's good qualities are will fall from the high it is on now.

This time though Bioware you have let everyone down and we are hoping that you make it right.

Hi everyone,

I just wanted to be clear and let you all know that we’re definitely aware of individuals who took extreme advantage of this situation and we will be carefully evaluating and taking action as necessary.

will this take hours day weeks months. will it even be enough. I'm sorry the only way to handle this is a roll back. to much damage has been done.

Our intended design for Ilum Open World PvP is that players are instantly killed when entering the enemy’s base safe area, just like in Warzones, and that the defending faction can take taxis to other points within the zone. As of Game Update 1.1, this is not working as intended. We have found the issue preventing this from happening under server load and will be publishing an Emergency Patch to address the issue. We’re aiming to have this patch published early tomorrow morning (January 19th, 5 AM US CST).

If the turrets are not working as intended and one faction is griefing the other... That means that one faction is exploiting the game... Which also means their going against the Rules of Conduct -"17.Exploit any bug in the Service to gain unfair advantage in the game and/or communicate the existence of any such bug (either directly or through the public posting) to any other user of the Service."... So in turn,

Consequences of violating these Rules of Conduct, including revocation of your Account, are the same as for violations of the Terms of Service. Please see the Terms of Service for more detail.

just my opinion on such matter... Take it as you will.

No rollback is unacceptable. I suspect that it isn't coming because they simply can't do a rollback from a technical standpoint. That's the only reason I can think of that they would not do it. This has really shaken my faith in the future of this game.

"Individuals" aka no rollback. Thanks and goodbye.

I'm very interested how you little smartie would suggest justifying a rollback to all the ones that didn't even set foot on PvP and got their progression today in an absolutely legitimate way.

Do try. Make me laugh. :rolleyes:

They already said they're gonna look into those that take advantage of the issue too far, that's all you're gonna get and that's all that's warranted.

Demanding a rollback is laughable. Get this through your thick heads or just quit. Your puy numbers won't eve make a dent on this game's population.

Edited by Abriael

Hi everyone,

Hell with the way things go so far I wouldn't be surprised if they banned the Pubs being farmed instead. And I have a sneaky suspension what that comment is gonna get me.

Are ******* joking?

realy?

these scrubs that exploited to rank 60 in 1 day because of your immense ****up get to keep their rank?

the turrets DO give valour

and if it was "not working as intended" why would the turrets even give a valour reward.

Shocking realy, a game with 6 years development can be this poor?

though i suppose rolling ppl back then asking for their next months subscription might hurt the shareholders.

Realy bioware this is a disgrace, sort it out.

I'm really disappointed... Honestly, I am lost for words.

I hope this gets fixed and I hope those who exploited the game are punished accordingly.

This whole experience has been worse than watching Scar let go of Mufasa's paw in the Lion King. QQ.

No exploit look at devs respone valor gain working as intended the only issue is that the turrets should have been 1 shot klling anyone who enterend the base

Welp...glad my free month is up in a few days. Without a roll back on valor this is absolutely ridiculous. This game is a joke, and the performance issues of the game engine/bugs/faction-class imbalances are incredible. Won't be resubscribing if there isn't a rollback.

Coming from a Gunslinger, I wish I had rolled Sniper. Their animations are shorter, can do more damage, don't need to stop to use their stun, and the same skill between classes HAD a 90 vs. 60 second cooldown, in the favor of Snipers. How does this stuff get in to the final game? I really don't get it. I was around for vanilla WoW (launch week) and while it was also very buggy, there wasn't vast factional favoritism at the get go and they fixed things relatively fast (though the Seal of the Crusader Paladin bug was around for a while).