What is up with PvP....

RiChess

Its been garbage. I'm talking 3 caps and shut outs match after match. I start each match doing objectives and after getting wrecked because literally nobody is helping I give up and deathmatch like everyone else until we lose.

It's incredibly frustrating.

Thanks to another Bioware "great USELESS" patch that we got a few weeks ago, PVP is even more unbalanced than it was before.

Cross faction was the most terrible idea they could have implemented and they've done it NOT because they want to imrpove PVP, but because of low pops on the other faction.

The other reason was this so called matchmaking.

Matchmaking now is 10 times worse than it was before and I see absolutely zero difference between what we have now and what we had in the past.

I get put in teams with 0 healers vs preamdes, I get put in teams where me and other 2 people are geared only vs premade full 248, I get in groups where enemy triple caps in less than 1 minute and then my team full ragequits and so on,... I am slowly becoming a professional ragequitter, something that I've never done in the past. but I seriously cannot take all this bull anymore. Oh and before I forget: Every 2nd game is the damn hutball. I hate hutball... it's trash, garbage BUGGGGED, yet it pops all the damn time. :mad:

Why change things for the sake of changing when the end results is the same or even worse ?

This game is finished bro, none of this really matters....

And yes, I que solo... I don't want easy wins with guild runs and premades.

Just last evening I got four or five pops in a row where I've joined to take the place of a quitter in early loss games... this never happened before.

Edited by DavidAtkinson

Thanks to another Bioware "great USELESS" patch that we got a few weeks ago, PVP is even more unbalanced than it was before.

Cross faction was the most terrible idea they could have implemented and they've done it NOT because they want to imrpove PVP, but because of low pops on the other faction.

Matchmaking now is 10 times worse than it was before and I see absolutely zero difference between what we have now and what we had in the past.

I get put in teams with 0 healers vs preamdes, I get put in teams where me and other 2 people are geared only vs premade full 248, I get in groups where enemy triple caps in less than 1 minute and then my team full ragequits and so on,... I am slowly becoming a professional ragequitter, something that I've never done in the past. but I seriously cannot take all this bull anymore. Oh and before I forget: Every 2nd game is the damn hutball. I hate hutball... it's trash, garbage BUGGGGED, yet it pops all the damn time. :mad:

Why change things for the sake of changing when the end results is the same or even worse ?

Just last evening I got four or five pops in a row where I've joined to take the place of a quitter in early loss games... this never happened before.

That's been my exp as well. Tonight at least the enemy teams have had insanely high DPS compared to my teams. I started the night DPSing then swapped to heals. Made no difference despite me topping boards each time. My teams ran around like ******* while they swept everything. Idk. I'm just over it. I genuinely don't mind losing even 60-70% of the time, but when it's a hopeless shut out every time I'm done.

I recently got back into WoW at my buddies request, and BGs are.... even. Shockingly. I *want* to do SWtoR PvP because I enjoy it more when it's good, but I'm driven to swap over to WoW for good matches.

Edited by RiChess

Yeah the new and improved matchmaking is just forcing players to quit the game. Decent players are just queing together and just farming the bads now that healer/tank stacking has gone and they can actually die. The few decent solo players are just getting farmed because they are getting no help at all and are being put on teams with 6-7 others who don't do anything because Bioware's metrics are saying they are good players and they want to balance matches. I never thought I would say this but I'm starting to think it might be time they removed premade groups from regs, or maybe it's because all my friends have quit and I need to find a new game. Either way I think PVP is probably worse then before, if that's at all possible.

I guess I've been lucky.

I solo queue when no one I know is around and still end up on teams that win more often that not, and haven't really noticed matches being any more lopsided than before. I've been in a few 3 cap matches, both on the winning and losing team, but that occasionally happened before too. I've also been in plenty of close matches since matchmaking was put into effect.

I haven't really seen obscene healer or tank mismatches either. That seemed to be more of a problem before. Now one team may have an extra healer or tank, but it doesn't seem like they're all stacked on one team.

Not that I'm discounting any of your experiences...

I have run into some oddities since matchmaking went into effect, but that seems to be with class stacking. Ex. Putting all the Operatives on one team and all the Sorcs on the other.

Edited by Aeneas_Falco

I solo queue when no one I know is around and still end up on teams that win more often that not, and haven't really noticed matches being any more lopsided than before.

I have awful matches and I have good matches. This happened before the "matchmaking" patch was added. I can't say I notice any more lopsided matches than before nor are my teams always bad now. Seems the same to me.

What? There's been a matchmaking change?

I just came back very recently after a year off, and I am not seeing any changes in matchmaking. It's exactly the way it's always been. Teams with one or two healers against teams with none. Pre-mades of fully geared people against whole teams of people in 118k gear, and then me. I was just in an arena last night of 4 dps against 2 healers, tank and a dps.

What is this matchmaking supposed to do that it isn't doing?

Edited by Monterone

It’s not the pubs or the Imps that are bad. It’s the over abundance of all the bad players that are bad. Plus the lack of mediocre or good players.

The game is severely lopsided and the bad players are overwhelming the majority.

From my experience, for every good player on a team, you get 2-3 bad players on a team to carry.

For every mediocre player you get 1-2 bad players.

If the other team has 4 mediocre players, they will have 4 bad players.

If your team has 2 good players, you will have 6 bad players.

It is much easier for a team of 4 mediocre players can carry 4 bad players than it is for 2 good players to cay 6 bad players.

It doesn’t matter what the faction is, that’s just how this broken matchmaking works.

Crossfaction has nothing to do with it because you would just get bad Imps instead of bad pubs.

Edited by Totemdancer

I stopped playing regs with the new update at all and fully focusing sr and tr. it is pretty obvious that new system will always put your solo queueing character with high "hidden elo" in regs against a full premade and it will put some other highrated regular players into your group (if they are in queue of course) and many lowrated bads. So from now you have NO CHANCES TO get in one group with a premade. You will always be in a group which is against premade and of course premades will always reck your group because they have voice comms, better coordination, fotm classes etc.

I HOPE you all happy with destroying lore in this game for garbage you received. Good luck playing this crap now

Not been my experience. Sure, there are still blow-out matches... well, a lot of them. But I haven't seen it 10 times worse. Seems about the same, except MAYBE better healer balance. Although the idea that a tank == healer for splitting up teams is just laughable. And, honestly, with all the quitting and (infered by me) non-acceptance of pops that goes on in PvP, I wasn't expecting much from matchmaking anyway.

I get put in teams with 0 healers vs preamdes, I get put in teams where me and other 2 people are geared only vs premade full 248, I get in groups where enemy triple caps in less than 1 minute and then my team full ragequits and so on,... I am slowly becoming a professional ragequitter, something that I've never done in the past. but I seriously cannot take all this bull anymore.

I have also started to quit matches sometimes. Although, if I do, I always just quit the game. Which leads to playing a lot less. I still don't quit just because my team is bad. I will quit if I am literally the only person who actually is doing anything besides deathmatching (well, except arenas, of course :p ). Even if my team is "great" and killing everything left and right, because good for them, but that's not the game I want to play. I will also quit out of the game after the 2nd OPG, Yavin or Quesh - sometimes the first. Just tired of being forced to play maps I don't like with absolutely 0 say in the matter. Well, I guess I have a say, in that I quit the game. :rolleyes:

Oh and before I forget: Every 2nd game is the damn hutball. I hate hutball... it's trash, garbage BUGGGGED, yet it pops all the damn time. :mad:

Well, I like HB (original), even with the bugs, but yes you are 100% right. Between Quesh and original (which I think are lumped together in the 'which random WZ do you get' wheel of fortune), I have noticed that too. TONS of huttball games. Seems weird. Like they accidentally upped the chance or something.

With the track record of "fixes", they will probably hugely lower the chance for HB when they release the new one on Wednesday, and then we'll never get to play the new map. :p

You mean you never got backfills, or you never got 5 in a row? Never got 5 in a row I can believe, never got a backfill... no way. I also solo queue almost exclusively, and I've gotten backfills forever. But, 5 in a row... yeah, that's bad. BTW, I know you say you don't want to queue premade, but queue with just one other person and you'll almost never get a backfill. That's been my limited experience anyway, for the few times I joined a dreaded "PREMADE" (of two).

I used to just play backfills, and I still usually do - plenty of them are still winnable. But sometimes I get so tired of cleaning up other people's messes. Nothing better than hearing the "door blown alarm" as the voidstar load screen is still being displayed. :mad:

And I absolutely DESPISE the people that quit with 30 seconds in the game left, so I get to load in just as the game ends. Lowest. Form. Of. Life. Period.

It's the same discussion since launch, lopsided games, premades, bad class balance, etc. All bioware has been doing is rearranging the furniture in the room to make it look different, but its still the same ol' furniture. And we keep falling for it over and over again, like somehow its different now. It's not. Do a search in these forums and you will find post back in 2012 saying literally everything that is being said today.

The majority of players you encounter in pvp are actually bots that BW runs to help the queues pop... or at least's that what I tell myself when 90% of the people I run into in pvp could be replaced by companions...

Oh please. I can walk away from any fight one of my companions is involved in, and go to the fridge or take a bio break, and when I get back they have won it for me. If I glance away for a SECOND in PvP, my other 7 team mates have let them cap the door somehow... even in a huttball that doesn't have a door to cap! :eek:

Companions are so much more useful than most PvP team mates. :p

Actually, true story... I was in a match once with an obvious bot. The "player" would run to the east voidstar door and start a cap. If they were attacked, they would respond with basic attack until dead. (Pretty sure that's bot-behavior anyway.) I noticed them doing this... so I went to that door in stealth, and mezzed the defender while the bot capped, and got through the door that way. Woo hoo! Bot was useful! I don't remember if we ultimately won the match or not, but I thought that was pretty funny.

Cross faction was the BEST idea. I didn't see any of the current complainers volenteering to play on the pub side, and for that reason cross faction was absolutely needed. Now you have to play with some newer pvpers as it mixes the wars up, but both sides get those new players, so as they learn things will get better.

I will agree with you that matchmaking needs some work though. I mean, the combination of cross-faction and match-making does do VERY good at making the wars about 50/50 (I mean much closer than the 99/1 we had before for faction versus faction matches). But the part where it tries to balance healer/tanks in with dps's is a bad idea that will never work. We diluted the strategy immensely and made it so that backfills keep that proportion impossible. Also I wont play tank or healer anymore in PvP with the change, so as people do that it only gets worse. Maybe to the point that no pops will happen anymore because no-one wants to play the "singled out" types.

We need to remove that requirement and then things will work much better and queues will pop and backfills will be more meaningful.

Edited by Stellarcrusade

The majority of players you encounter in pvp are actually bots that BW runs to help the queues pop... or at least's that what I tell myself when 90% of the people I run into in pvp could be replaced by companions...

LoL, I’d prefer some of my companions over some of my team mates. If Bioware ever included bots based our companions, they would be too good for the masses to compete with.

Oh please. I can walk away from any fight one of my companions is involved in, and go to the fridge or take a bio break, and when I get back they have won it for me. If I glance away for a SECOND in PvP, my other 7 team mates have let them cap the door somehow... even in a huttball that doesn't have a door to cap! :eek:

Companions are so much more useful than most PvP team mates. :p

Actually, true story... I was in a match once with an obvious bot. The "player" would run to the east voidstar door and start a cap. If they were attacked, they would respond with basic attack until dead. (Pretty sure that's bot-behavior anyway.) I noticed them doing this... so I went to that door in stealth, and mezzed the defender while the bot capped, and got through the door that way. Woo hoo! Bot was useful! I don't remember if we ultimately won the match or not, but I thought that was pretty funny.

True story, find some unsuspecting pve guy in a pvp instance and set you companion to dps and get them to attack them while you kill their comp healer (most pve people have their comp as healer). Then sit back and watch your comp global them.

True story, find some unsuspecting pve guy in a pvp instance and set you companion to dps and get them to attack them while you kill their comp healer (most pve people have their comp as healer). Then sit back and watch your comp global them.

I got 5 solo kills on absolutely active 3 players with this method. I killed 2 and my companion killed the 3rd before I even had a chance to target him. (2 more kills when they respawned to kill me 1 after the other, it took them long because some were targeting the companion :p)

That's a funny story. :D

I was trying to find the post you wrote explaining how they could add choices for WZs where it wouldn't slow queues up and I found that really a great idea. I am the same way regarding certain maps, i think we all are.

I can do OPG once every couple hours, and even Quesh every couple hours, but no kidding these two maps pop SO MUCH. Not only are they my least favorite, there's no question about it, they pop more than anything else.

We really ought to have some option as to what we are queing for, both these maps will have 5-10 people drop them before they even start it's just ridiculous that we are depending on a team to be fully made yet often times you get people who don't want to be there (won't try or will just deathmatch out of boredom) or you start them without a full team thanks to no one wanting to play them and dropping out.

I view this as a bigger issue than "match-making" because I feel BW can't match-make for us perfectly. I expect blow outs, I expect crappy teams, and I expect bad players just as I expect awesome regstars and teams that can carry me. BW has no magic wand to create evenly constructed teams with evenly skilled players nor can they make every match have perfect class constructions all the time I don't expect this in 8v8s/regs.

I would like to have some control over what maps I queue for. This would eliminate a lot of my personal annoyance with PVP.

Edited by Lhancelot

Its been garbage. I'm talking 3 caps and shut outs match after match. I start each match doing objectives and after getting wrecked because literally nobody is helping I give up and deathmatch like everyone else until we lose.

It's incredibly frustrating.

There is no team play. No one knows how or want to do team play. It is all about getting the most kills. i can count on 1 hand the times my team listens to me when they did we won. On The matches with 3 nodes. its so easy to win. There is 8 of us on each team. 3 nodes for the grabbing. If we gain 1 then keep 2 guys on it if we get a 2nd then put 2 more guys on the 1st one and 4 on the 2nd one and defend them. Do not stray just stand by and defend if need be. For get about the 3rd node let them have it, dont try to take it. Cause when you leave your node to take theres it seems every one leaves and then the other team comes along just 1 or 2 guys and takes it with ease. if there is one guy on your team defending it takes 2 to over come him and you lost that node. So if you got 2 nodes put 4 guys on each defend it and you will win it. If any 1 strays and try to take the enemies then most likely you will lose a node and probably the match and you'll have no one to blame but your bad team play.

That's a funny story. :D

I was trying to find the post you wrote explaining how they could add choices for WZs where it wouldn't slow queues up and I found that really a great idea. I am the same way regarding certain maps, i think we all are.

This thread most recently.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=954341

As I said there, not like it's my idea. Someone in GW2 came up with it a long time ago, and I doubt it's even an original idea there. :p

Everything else you said... yeah, pretty much exactly.

• 1 month later...
Matchmaking now is worse than before. Besides it's frustrating to fight a healer with guard on this back. Guard is the worst ability ever created (in pvp).

Maybe try working around the guarded healer rather than trying to tunnel through him in objective based play. Any one healer can only be in one place at any one time, after all.

Edited by KendraP