I Want Neutral Items in 1.2 No Exceptions

Drayzen

• Replies 274
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Bioware: Hello, gamer!

We have created a story driven MMO for you! How story driven? Well, we've forgone many standard features of regular MMOs (not to mention we have some bugs!!!) just so we could allocate as many resources as possible to your story experience. If you love story, this is the game for you!

Gamer: Sounds good, overly excited Bioware person. Thanks.

10 hours later....

Gamer: So I really like this story, Bioware. It's immerse and exciting. I'm playing an Empire Bounty Hunter who is driven by credits, but who also has a sense of honor. I find I'm pretty neutral when comes to your dark/light scale.

Bioware: Well that's just great, gamer! Glad you're enjoying the story and becoming immersed in it.

By the way, you will now have access to less gear because you didn't pick your answers correctly.

Just wanted to say thats how im playing, I couldn't have said it better myself. It really is terrible not enough matrix shards to even equip myself and a companion or two.

I was talking to 4 of my RL friends who started playing about a week and a half ago. They asked if the alignment scale did anything.

I told them that at the mid levels (30ish), there are a couple relics, gloves, and boots that are alignment specific. Then I told them that those items suck anyways and you'll be using non-aligned gear at 50.

I would tell you all the same thing but you won't listen anyways.

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

I want actual gear for Marauders in 1.2 no exceptions.

CRY MOAR. People complain too much about stuff that are basically appearance customization, and don't talk about relics, once you are 50 it takes no time to get ne crafting to 400. Raise it up, craft you're relics and grab another profession, it's not as if you'd have nething better to spend credits... I'm personally more concerned about FPS issues on highly populated maps, graphical issues with rendering due to poor programming for the current graphical engine. Priorities. Besides that, I'm pretty positive SW have enough fanboys to compensate for canceled subscriptions of former WoW players that only got to know WoW after like 10 years dev and decide to boss around on a game that have been launched for about a month.

people can cry about what they aren't happy with when they are spending money.

Just because this doesn't affect you, doesn't mean it isn't a problem for some.

Like i have said before, if it doesn't affect your gameplay and the money you spend to play the game, dont moan at people who ask for it, try supporting them.

Because one day you will want people supporting your cause, this won't happen when u slate people asking for a simple request.

Op you gotta do what you gotta do, i do care what you think and i am glad you posted your views, even though it doesn't affect me.

boom!!!! At whomever this was towards!!!

Edited by dbStriker

Alignment systems with rewards for going full one way or the other are stupid anyway. Apparently the universe is filled with people who are either saints that they would still just say "Nah it's all good" to the guy that just murdered their entire family or people who will murder anything they come across while throwing kittens into a wood chipper.

Here's how this ends up working. Once I start playing a char, I decide on light side or dark side, and from that point forward, I just pick whichever option has the icon of my side next to it, it doesn't matter how this works into the story or what my personal preference is. If I don't pick the options with that little icon it'll just take me longer to unlock the best alignment tier (unless you have diplomacy, then it's pretty jokes).

Both the alignment system and affection just completely fail to do anything useful as far as I'm concerned. I just pick answers based on the bonuses I get, not based on the answers I want to pick, all because there's rewards for picking the answers with bonuses and it's a pain to get those bonuses otherwise.

Aren't force aligned rewards strictly cosmetic and don't effect character gameplay?

Mostly, under level 50 relics and all aligned but the 50 itemization is all "neutral" because it doesn't require alignment points, it's fine as it is, it's mostly a novelty and people should just play their characters like they want them to be instead of min/maxing.

2. Being grey represents an inability to choose between good or evil, why should you get a reward for basically doing nothing?

I'm sure this stupid question has already been answered, but its no more effort of you to press 1 or 3 than for someone else to press 2.

Being any particular alignment isn't any more work than being anything else, so none of them should be rewarded more.

Your complaint is ridiculous.

What is your story which they are ruining? A story about a guy who cant decide whether is wants to be good or bad?

dumb thread is dumb

Dumb poster is dumber. If you think about your character and play them through, you'll actually end up with some points on both ends at 50.

• 3 weeks later...
there are - NO - Neutral relics. All of them REQUIRE an alignment.

This is not the case. Both of my relics are neutral. Basically, most of the level 50 relics are neutral. Before 50, there are very few neutral relics. But then again, I didn't find more than 1 relic before I hit 50 anyhow.

Also, in PvE you should pretty much always have your matrix cube equipped at level 50, that is neutral and you craft it yourself.

Edited by Laokoon

I'm not going to write out some huge retort about how the lack of this has negatively impacted my experience, when BW specifically said they would cater to multiple aspects of gameplay and story, and hasn't followed through.

I just want 1.2 to contain things for players who are neutral. I want to be able to use my choice of saber, I want to be able to not miss out on relics because some designer thought that making light and dark only would be a fantastically shortsighted idea, and I just want to be able to play how I want to play, not play how I have to play to be able to min-max my character.

Make it happen in 1.2. It's already disappointing that you haven't done it in 1.1...

Lmao@people who make ultimatums.

Don't like the game, don't play it. Period.

"no exceptions!" How funny. Can't wait til you get out of high school and get a job, try that on your boss, I want a 45 minute smoke break, no exceptions!

Still not good enough. What if I am 75% good with 25% evil in there, so at level 50 I can make rank 2 or 3 light side. I don't get any alignment gar for my level.

To get the neutral you still have to walk a fine line and don't really get to choose what you want to choose at every option. No different then going pure light or pure dark imo.

Just get rid of alignment requirements on gear altogether. I would be fine with getting rid of the entire alignment system altogether if it were not for the dark side appearance changes. I can see how some people would find that cool.

All of the items that require ds5/ls5 are junk or cosmetic fluff anyway so I don't see what the problem is.

Well, 2 days left on sub, I'll come back when neutral gear is implemented. Should go nicely with the legacy system and leveling alts.

Its already here... they are just drops instead of being bought from a vendor.

Edited by Yaur

. But then again, I didn't find more than 1 relic before I hit 50 anyhow.

I think this is the OP point.

You didn't FIND more than 1, BUT you can go to the Light side or darkside vendor and BUY them. A Nuetral toon doesn't have this option.

There is also harder to find gear, like modable boots, that you can buy from the dark or light vendors, that the Nuetral toons cannot.

How hard would it really be to have a nuetral vendor offering these type of items???

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

Actually you're forcing it. You're choosing to min-max AND be neutral. They never claimed both would be available at launch. In fact before beta ever closed they stated "grey" items wouldn't be in at launch.

Here's the official most recent statement:

" Grey alignment is in the pipe - we have a design, and that design includes a plan to make the itemization fair for light, dark, and grey. I do not have an ETA for this feature at this time, but can't wait to announce one."

That's from the most recent Q&A that's linked on the Community home page. With 1.2 being pushed back to April, hard to say if this will be in. My guess is doubtful but, you never know.

And if it's not, it'll come some time after. Whether you're here to experience it or not is not my concern.

There is also harder to find gear, like modable boots, that you can buy from the dark or light vendors, that the Nuetral toons cannot.
Social vendor sells neutral modable armor and by the time you can buy those from the ls/ds vendor you are probably going to have them anyway.

The OP has a point. BW specifically said that you could choose to be LS, DS, or remain neutral and there would be rewards for whatever you choose. The Neutral people got shafted. There is a couple of toons that I would have like to go neutral with, but I chose a side and stuck with it because I felt like I had to in order to do endgame. I would have like to make different choices in some of the storyline, but I felt like I had to stick with my alignment.

What? Cry? This is a valid complaint. They said we could have Neutral based characters, but guess what? I can't have Relics if I'm neutral. Which means EVERY SINGLE OTHER ALIGNED CHARACTER IS MORE POWERFUL THAN ME.

That is not equal. That is not fair. They are forcing me away from - MY STORY - with this design, and that in itself is against their advertising claims.

Um, the best relics in the game are for neutral.

Do you even know what you are crying about?

Yes mastah, right away mastah.