"there is currently noactive subscription on this account"

Aclobat

Ok, to all of the slow ones in denial on this thread.

EA took our order.

They debited our accounts.

They have our email, as proven by the fact that they sent a confirmation.

They have however not sent any code for game purchase.

You can no longer order a new copy online.

My Origin history shows no sign of purchase.

Origin support does not reply.

• Replies 741
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I am posting this on behalf of a player who doesn't have permission to

actively access the forum due to a still not activated account.

Players name is : Sylvannah (german account)

====================================

I played during the last beta weekend.

I bought the game and installed it from scratch on a fresh windows

installation.

I successfully redeemed the product registration code using the account

I created for the beta.

copied from my account page

[...]

CODE REDEMPTION HISTORY

Below is a list of valid Star Wars: The Old Republic codes that have

been redeemed under this account.

12.13.2011 Star Wars™: The Old Republic™ Standard Edition

[...]

But When trying to log in I just get: There is currently no active

subscription on this account.

Looks like my account is still awaiting activation. Please fix this.

Bioware this is simply outrageous... people that have bought the game cant play it. its pointless to ask for a credit card when there are some guys who just want to try the game for a month and see how it goes. Got 2 friends that got the game on launch and for their own personal reasons do not want to commit to a supscription plan yet, what does this mean for them? their money goes to waste? :mad: they cant play the game they paid for? :mad: Why are we even discussing something like this!!!!

Hello, fellow users here.

I had problems with subscription, and I found what was cause for that (it worked for me o_o)

When I was buying subsript, I didnt have any money on my credit card (Visa Electron) so I transferred some money on that. And then tried again, and it worked! So, it seems that when u buy subscription, it cost something about 1.60 euros, for testing I think. And those who cannot post on forums: They need to subscribe first. Hope this was helpful to new users. Cheers~

Bioware this is simply outrageous... people that have bought the game cant play it. its pointless to ask for a credit card when there are some guys who just want to try the game for a month and see how it goes. Got 2 friends that got the game on launch and for their own personal reasons do not want to commit to a supscription plan yet, what does this mean for them? their money goes to waste? :mad: they cant play the game they paid for? :mad: Why are we even discussing something like this!!!!

i agree with you there, its quite strange that you have to enter a CC/something else to be able to play and use the 30 days free play time every1 got when buying the game. i could understand if you have to enter it after these 30 days are over, but oh well... its made this way and every1 has to accept it.

i myself know 3 people who are also not willing to enter any details for CC or so. this morning them brought the game back to the store where thy bought the game. after they explained the reason why they want to bring the game back, the manager of the store decided to give them there money back....

dont know what happens now with there copy of the game, because the key is used and can never be sold again. but it shows that there are some shops out there that understand the "mess" thats going on and was caused with the suscriptiion rule.

Edited by Ortagos

Greetings everyone!

We have had to edit several posts within this thread. Please do not post any personal identifiable information such as e-mail addresses!

As a reminder:

To everyone posting in here that is receiving the message "there is currently no active subscription on this account", please make sure that you have completed all of the "Ready to Play" steps:

How can I ensure I am ready to play the Game at launch?

There will be a 48 hour ‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players post launch. Those players who are in Early Game Access will not be able to continue to play the Game after December 22nd, 2:00AM CST without completing the following required steps:

• Create a SWTOR account if you have not created one
  • Fill out your contact information
  • Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
  • Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

If you are still having issues after following, please contact Customer Service.

Thank you!

Thank you everyone! We appreciate your continued patience as we work to address this issue.

I am posting this for my friend.

Username: Vessar

He bought the game on 20th and entered the registration code. Getting error no active subsription and he cant post on forums. The account shows everything is comelete except Subscribe (or redeem a game time code) and Set up security key (optional).

My mate Kakhrii also has the same problems. Can't post here either.

EDIT:

I am posting this for my friend.

Username: Vessar

He bought the game on 20th and entered the registration code. Getting error no active subsription and he cant post on forums. The account shows everything is comelete except Subscribe (or redeem a game time code) and Set up security key (optional).

Exactly the problem my friend has.

Edited by Demartan

To everyone posting in here that is receiving the message "there is currently no active subscription on this account", please make sure that you have completed all of the "Ready to Play" steps:

How can I ensure I am ready to play the Game at launch?

There will be a 48 hour ‘grace period’ for Early Game Access players post launch. Those players who are in Early Game Access will not be able to continue to play the Game after December 22nd, 2:00AM CST without completing the following required steps:

• Create a SWTOR account if you have not created one
  • Fill out your contact information
  • Set up minimum 3 - maximum 5 security questions to protect your SWTOR account
  • Redeem an official Game Product Registration Code (This is different from your Pre-Order Code. Your Product Registration Code is the code tied to the official Game.)

If you are still having issues after following, please contact Customer Service.

Thank you!

The information you provide is totally useless.

My friend: demonyus still having the same problem, he already lost 2 DAYS TRYING TO PLAY THE GAME.

In this screenshot you can see his subscription:

http://img6.imageshack.us/img6/4493/swtorfail2.jpg

Boware please explain i bought a CE i states cleary i would get a month of free playing time and now after two days you already ask me to buy a pre-paid card?

Really? I hope it's a bad joke on your part just just all my money to pay the CE and now i can't play anymore starting tommorow because i dont have the money right now to buy a freaking pre-paid card?:mad:

Boware please explain i bought a CE i states cleary i would get a month of free playing time and now after two days you already ask me to buy a pre-paid card?

Really? I hope it's a bad joke on your part just just all my money to pay the CE and now i can't play anymore starting tommorow because i dont have the money right now to buy a freaking pre-paid card?:mad:

I would like an answer to the above please... Got the same issue!

I still need to Redeem a Product Registration Code. I did not yet recieve an Email from Origin with a Product Code.

I download Origin and I can see Star Wars: The Old Republic Digital Deluxe Edition Pre-Order in my game Library with a Produce Code. However if I try to redeem that code it says it has already been used. Should I me concerned about this?

I had no active subscription because gamecards are all soldout in my area and wasnt able to login all day yet I still lost a day of my free 30 days playtime.

How is this possible?:confused:

You put in your paypal or credit card information, problem solved.

• 3 weeks later...
Same problem here as well. The game arrived from Amazon last night and I installed it, created my account and updated it over night. Woke up this morning to play and it won't let me log in. My account page has all 5 of the sections checked off and it says I'm ready to play at the top.

Ditto. I'm a fairly patient person - the so-called "gamebreaking bugs" don't bother me much. Not being able to log in (not to mention having to switch to my wife's credit card because it wouldn't accept mine for some reason) is rather annoying. Shows I have 29 days of gametime left, but the launcher tells me there's no active sub on the account. Grrrr. Edited by MegaBubble

I put a subscription on my account. My card got charged instantly so clearly they have no problem taking my money.

They cant activate my account though.

The game is ****** enough I dont care if I dont get to play, but dont take my money if you arent gonna activate my account

same exact situation as the man above me. This is starting to piss me off - i dont input a CC for the first 30 days but the same damn day you charge my CC you WONT let me play at all? ***. And then being on hold for an hour while i call support and they give a trash 'send us your logs so we can give you another general ******** answer.' Get gone.