Opinion on Jedi consular advanced class

DragonVoid

I am currently playing a consular alongside my brother's scoundrel. He is focusing on DPS on the scoundrel. I was thinking of going Jedi sage however that is another healer meaning that when we play we both have characters that heal. I could go shadow and tank but the kinetic combat tree looks like it takes a while to be a decent tank. We were really only going to PvE. What is your advice Edited by DragonVoid

With the right set of skills you can just DPS as either advance class as well, no one is going to force you to tank or heal. You can also leave those roles to your companions if you wanted to. Unless you are dead set on wanting to be a tank or healer. With my partner we both own Treek, one of us has her set to tank, the other to heal, while we both are set up to kill things fast. works pretty well, and is a lot of fun :D

Well, Ill list the ways each of the AC's DPS specs deal their damage.

Infiltration Shadow: High amounts of burst that is easily controllable, High skillcap though. High Levels make this class shine.

Balance Shadow: Decent burst, ALOT of DoT's though low - medium skillcap

TK Sage: High Burst little bit of DoT's overall decent tree to play for new players

Balance Sage: High DoT damage, takes high levels for this class to play easily

Thanks for your opinion. I still haven't decided but I am leaning towards telekinetic sage

For myself, I have been finding ranged classes a lot more fun. Some people enjoy melee more, it all boils down to what you enjoy for a playstyle :)