[Sniper Gunslinger Initiative] An opportunity to change Laze Target presents itself

paowee

Works both ways dude. It was thanks to you pve dudes that got Orbital nerfed for us pvp'ers.

Is that a JOKE? dude I've never seen a raid team cry because a sniper let off a few orbitals on the last phase of Council. Nobody in PVE would complain about that.

What really happened was PVP players started to cry because Snipers would put orbital strike on PVP objectives, along with people doing stuff on training dummies they would never do in a raid to boost parses. Other classes couldn't fluff numbers on a training dummy like snipers so let the crying begin..

To push this home to ya.. 5000 damage tics on a single target is a no-no, but 5000 damage tics on a group of 5 targets is OK! REALLY? Look I've been playing game a long time and one thing I know.. You'll NEVER get an honest answer for Bio.. they give you what will cause the least fallout across the community....

Edited by UmaBalla

• Replies 179
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Is that a JOKE? dude I've never seen a raid team cry because a sniper let off a few orbitals on the last phase of Council. Nobody in PVE would complain about that.

When did people ever complain about their own class being OP. BIOWARE thought Orbital Strike was too strong, because people were using it in single target rotations and they didnt want that to happen with AOE's. (This is what they actually said). People don't use orbital strike in "single target DPS" in PVP. It's a PVE nerf.

What really happened was PVP players started to cry because Snipers would put orbital strike on PVP objectives, along with people doing stuff on training dummies they would never do in a raid to boost parses. Other classes couldn't fluff numbers on a training dummy like snipers so let the crying begin..

100% wrong. You should read more before posting ******** like this. Why would bioware give orbital strike a shorter cooldown and shorter cast time if THIS is what you think happened. Again, read the first red text

To push this home to ya.. 5000 damage tics on a single target is a no-no, but 5000 damage tics on a group of 5 targets is OK! REALLY? Look I've been playing game a long time and one thing I know.. You'll NEVER get an honest answer for Bio.. they give you what will cause the least fallout across the community....

They gave an honest answer. Read first red text

Dude. Are you for real?

I'm answering in red.

Edited by Aerilas

The proof people need for statement was a post by a dev in the PTS forum for 2.6. Unfortunately as we all know the forum is wiped after the patch goes live so we don't have access to that dev post. There will be other snipers here who read that post, that's about the only proof of that post we have.

The devs answers to both the sniper and scoundrel class questions (they both mentioned orbital strike) was misunderstood. The post I'm referring to clarified the fact that orbital strike was never meant to be part of the rotation used by marksman snipers. They admit that there does appear to be a hole (I'm not pve but Paowee and other pve snipers know what I mean) in marksman and although it might appear that orbital strike was meant to fill that hole it simply wasn't the case.

You can see the question and response in the class questions thread on this forum, it's a pve question and they responded with their pve viewpoints.

The only spec that had a case for using orbital strike in a single target rotation was Engineering.

Like it or not, pve nerfed Orbital not pvp.

The proof people need for statement was a post by a dev in the PTS forum for 2.6. Unfortunately as we all know the forum is wiped after the patch goes live so we don't have access to that dev post. There will be other snipers here who read that post, that's about the only proof of that post we have.

The devs answers to both the sniper and scoundrel class questions (they both mentioned orbital strike) was misunderstood. The post I'm referring to clarified the fact that orbital strike was never meant to be part of the rotation used by marksman snipers. They admit that there does appear to be a hole (I'm not pve but Paowee and other pve snipers know what I mean) in marksman and although it might appear that orbital strike was meant to fill that hole it simply wasn't the case.

You can see the question and response in the class questions thread on this forum, it's a pve question and they responded with their pve viewpoints.

The only spec that had a case for using orbital strike in a single target rotation was Engineering.

Like it or not, pve nerfed Orbital not pvp.

This is assuming that the devs can be trusted to be honest. Over the evolution of the issue they certainly changed their tune enough times, and none of them made sense with the actual change they made. I think they did it because they threw a dart at the wall and hit "nerf OS damage by 62%".

You're very wrong about what was intended though. It was intended. And then the people that intended that moved on.

But I'm tired of talking about whose fault it was that Orbital got nerfed. It's completely irrelevant since it was an idiotic over nerf, and it shouldn't have happened at all till Engineering was fixed.

The topic of this thread however is that Laze Target is boring, arguably not very useful in the end, especially for specs that aren't making much use of Snipe, and it should maybe be changed to something more useful. I'd like a ranged version of Force Potency/Recklessness. Two charges of 60% increased Ranged crit rate on a two minute cooldown. A charge is consumed when you actually crit or after you use Series of Shots. We already have a melee/ranged version of Resilience. I kind of like the symmetry to be honest. Talents in one of the trees would lower the CD, or possibly put some sort of buff on a set bonus.

Edited by ArchangelLBC