Game Update 1.7: Return of the Gree is coming soon!

CourtneyWoods

So, the event is useless if you can't twink yourself with a smuggled hilt your fresh 50 didn't earn?

L2P.

Now you see, you just passed a very good chance of keeping your mouth shut.

As of last event, we can send over barrels. Legacy gear is available for a long time, with 2 sets from 2 events and gear you can buy, making it so that you can send everything between chars EXCEPT hilts.

It would make sense to have a legacy saber in this event, or Bioware is really just amnesiac.

[EDIT]And if I have rakata saber tokens on a char, its just as earned as any of my fresh 50`s. I OWN it, therefore I EARNED it, be it random roll in some long forgotten operation, or need within the guild for alts. I earned it regardless, by earning my salt and putting in the time.

Edited by Styxx

• Replies 324
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

For months the devs have been talking about an event that would slowly start to re-introduce OWPVP on Ilum. This is an Ilum event. Ilum was primarily intended to be a lvl 50 planet with a focus on OWPVP. Even if you are on a PVE server, the West Ice Shelf was still OWPVP.

So I don't understand what the complainers are asking for. Should there not be an even to re-open Ilum? Would you only be appeased if a specifically PVE event accompanied this event?

For months the devs have been talking about an event that would slowly start to re-introduce OWPVP on Ilum. This is an Ilum event. Ilum was primarily intended to be a lvl 50 planet with a focus on OWPVP. Even if you are on a PVE server, the West Ice Shelf was still OWPVP.

So I don't understand what the complainers are asking for. Should there not be an even to re-open Ilum? Would you only be appeased if a specifically PVE event accompanied this event?

Because a PvE event should not be used to open up world PvP. A PvP event should be used. Please read before you post, it helps a lot.

Because a PvE event should not be used to open up world PvP. A PvP event should be used. Please read before you post, it helps a lot.

It's a PvP event. I know that because it will be on the Western Ice Shelf which flags you as PvP when you touch down. Please use common sense before you post, it helps a lot.

It's a PvP event. I know that because it will be on the Western Ice Shelf which flags you as PvP when you touch down. Please use common sense before you post, it helps a lot.

The content that the event will reward is clearly PvE focused (reputation system). Thus it's a PvE event. Please learn what common sense is, before you post about common sense.

The content that the event will reward is clearly PvE focused (reputation system). Thus it's a PvE event. Please learn what common sense is, before you post about common sense.

Bro, enough with the ridiculous "shots" that add no credibility to what you're saying. We have no idea how the reputation system will effect game play and what game modes will benefit or give benefit from it. We also do not know what rewards will be given and what stats will be on those rewards. Basically we know nothing and many of you are freaking out and creating strawmen arguments.

Bro, enough with the ridiculous "shots" that add no credibility to what you're saying. We have no idea how the reputation system will effect game play and what game modes will benefit or give benefit from it. We also do not know what rewards will be given and what stats will be on those rewards. Basically we know nothing and many of you are freaking out and creating strawmen arguments.

We're freaking out because this looks like a PvE event in a PvP area. The reputation system is clearly not going to be for PvP- speculation maybe, but given how it's been said that you gain rep by doing missions for the Gree/Voss etc, it's looking pretty clear it's a PvE system. Also, it's unlikely the rewards are going to be for PvPers given how (looking at screenshots) the missions are obviously going to be PvE based. Again, speculation, but I'm pretty sure that big Wampa in the screenshot isn't another player...

And finally, I'm not your "Bro".

We're freaking out because this looks like a PvE event in a PvP area. The reputation system is clearly not going to be for PvP- speculation maybe, but given how it's been said that you gain rep by doing missions for the Gree/Voss etc, it's looking pretty clear it's a PvE system. Also, it's unlikely the rewards are going to be for PvPers given how (looking at screenshots) the missions are obviously going to be PvE based. Again, speculation, but I'm pretty sure that big Wampa in the screenshot isn't another player...

And finally, I'm not your "Bro".

Dude it hasn't been said that the event is tied in directly with the reputation system :/ the reputation system is just being implemented in the same patch, read what you are given and learn to understand the finer points before calling out other people on what they think is happening. Your entitled to your opinion and everyone else is entitled to theres. Alot of people think its going to be a PvE event with auto flagged fro PvP because of where its situated whereas some people(including me) think it will be a PvP event mainly because of where it is situated in the game

Why can't the rep be both pvp and pve? Is there some kind of rule somewhere that says never the two shall meet?

My take on it is that I think we're looking at some reps for the PVE'ers and some reps for the pvp'ers. Maybe even some reps that can be leveled both ways.

Why is everybody so hurt about a positive change that shows that Bioware still has it in them to innovate and grow this game?

I say bring it on! I stayed and played through dead servers and server mergers. I enjoyed the rakghoul event and (to a lesser extent) the tfb precursor event. The game is not perfect, bugs still exist and long promised things still aren't delivered, but TOR is still fun. I still want to see what's around the next corner or what's inside that next treasure chest. That fun isn't diminished by the advent of new content, it's enhanced.

Positive note aside, we now return you to the qq-fest currently in progress.

Dude it hasn't been said that the event is tied in directly with the reputation system :/ the reputation system is just being implemented in the same patch, read what you are given and learn to understand the finer points before calling out other people on what they think is happening. Your entitled to your opinion and everyone else is entitled to theres. Alot of people think its going to be a PvE event with auto flagged fro PvP because of where its situated whereas some people(including me) think it will be a PvP event mainly because of where it is situated in the game

The Gree are not found in game. This is going to be an event based around the Gree, featuring at least one Gree NPC (as seen in one of the screenshots). One of the divisions in the reputation system is the Gree Enclave (again, screenshot confirmed). If missions for the Gree (excluding Coruscant missions ofc) are only available during this event, it's quite clear that the event IS tied to the reputation system, if we're going to be logical and look at the facts we know so far. So, dude, it is you who should read what you are given- a picture can quite often give us more information than the words that accompany it.

The problem I have with your argument is that there have been many new content updates mainly towards pvers

* TFB

* EC

* KUS and LI

* Section X

* New World Bosses

* HK -51

For Pvpers its only been 2 warzones (novare coast and Ancient Hypergate) and no OWPvP

I for one am with the others that PvE and PvP should be able to mix. You have one content patch that is more towards PvP, PvErs don't run the game more options the better

The thing is, it's an MMORPG, a PVE game at it's heart. PVP is a feature they added on to a PVE game. It's based off Knight of the Old Republic, a single player game. Any expectation for there NOT to be a priority on PVE content is unfounded. If they start adding in NPCs that follow PVP players around and start long non skippable conversations over and over, of they add in Raid level bosses to PVP zones I'd feel we were even about forcing PVP on PVE players.

This event is for PvP players! If you are just interested in PvE don't go there. Sure, it will have PvE elements, but many PvP players like that, there was even a poll from BioWare months ago about that topic, and plenty of PvP players said they would like to see some mobs in their PvP zones. So, I guess BioWare listened to us (was one of those PvP players who like some PvE elements to spice up the fights).

I honestly hope that pvp and pve components will be optional and parallel, rather then intermixed. so that if someone wants to mix it up, they can, but those who'd rather pve or pvp exclusively, can still participate in new content without feeling forced into game-play they don't enjoy.

A post filled with facts (both correct and wrong) and opinions and wrong assumptions. Always important to know what is what.

The Gree are not found in game.

They are, in Terror from Beyond.

This is going to be an event based around the Gree, featuring at least one Gree NPC (as seen in one of the screenshots).

Correct

One of the divisions in the reputation system is the Gree Enclave (again, screenshot confirmed).

Correct

If missions for the Gree (excluding Coruscant missions ofc) are only available during this event,

Assumption

it's quite clear that the event IS tied to the reputation system, if we're going to be logical and look at the facts we know so far.

Non factual conclusion made based on this assumption.

So, as the poster you have this discussion with pointed out: You, and others, are freaking out over assumptions made based on very little information. You may be right in the end, but you may also be very wrong. So really, what use is freaking out over it at this time?

They are, in Terror from Beyond.

That doesn't count and you know it. TfB won't have anything to do with this new system.

Assumption

Please point out where the other Gree missions are. I wasn't aware other Gree missions existed.

Non factual conclusion made based on this assumption.

So, as the poster you have this discussion with pointed out: You, and others, are freaking out over assumptions made based on very little information. You may be right in the end, but you may also be very wrong. So really, what use is freaking out over it at this time?

I assume one day I'm going to grow old, I suppose that's a non factual conclusion based on assumptions too?

And ok, shall we wait until the broken event is in-game to complain about it? They rarely fix what they break, so it's far more logical to stop them breaking it in the first place, no?

Edited by Mevan

Calm down mate.. really, you are taking this way too seriously.. and to answer your questions:

That doesn't count and you know it. TfB won't have anything to do with this new system.

Again an assumption, nobody 'knows' anything right now. They may make a weekly quest in TFB that gives Reputation to the Gree, or make killing enemies in the Operation give reputation. There has been not a single explaination of in what exact way we gain reputation, and I stress this point extra,

Please point out where the other Gree missions are. I wasn't aware other Gree missions existed.

There aren't, but again, you assume only the 'repeating event' will have Gree related missions. This is again, an assumption that is not based on any actual facts that are known at this time. The only fact we have at this time is that the Gree are part of the repeating event, not that they won't be involved in anything else.

I assume one day I'm going to grow old, I suppose that's a non factual conclusion based on assumptions too?

Yes it is, hypothetically the earth could explode now and you will not grow any older than you are this very moment. Or something else a lot less silly could happen to make it such that you don't grow that old.

You won't know if you have grown old until you actually have grown old. I find it kind of ironic how your example that is meant to disprove my points is actually a wonderful way to prove it. Thank you.

And ok, shall we wait until the broken event is in-game to complain about it? They rarely fix what they break, so it's far more logical to stop them breaking it in the first place, no?

And you think complaints about hypothetical situations will in any way change the entire direction of an update that will be released within the next few weeks? You waste your time my friend, I am sorry.

Also, the only patience you need to have to be able to make valid complaints is the patience until 1.7 is on the PTS. That is also before it is actually launched and then you have facts to complain on, not assumptions.

Edited by Devlonir

Calm down mate.. really, you are taking this way too seriously.. and to answer your questions:

Again an assumption, nobody 'knows' anything right now. They may make a weekly quest in TFB that gives Reputation to the Gree, or make killing enemies in the Operation give reputation. There has been not a single explaination of in what exact way we gain reputation, and I stress this point extra,

There aren't, but again, you assume only the 'repeating event' will have Gree related missions. This is again, an assumption that is not based on any actual facts that are known at this time. The only fact we have at this time is that the Gree are part of the repeating event, not that they won't be involved in anything else.

Yes it is, hypothetically the earth could explode now and you will not grow any older than you are this very moment. Or something else a lot less silly could happen to make it such that you don't grow that old.

You won't know if you have grown old until you actually have grown old. I find it kind of ironic how your example that is meant to disprove my points is actually a wonderful way to prove it. Thank you.

And you think complaints about hypothetical situations will in any way change the entire direction of an update that will be released within the next few weeks? You waste your time my friend, I am sorry.

Also, the only patience you need to have to be able to make valid complaints is the patience until 1.7 is on the PTS. That is also before it is actually launched and then you have facts to complain on, not assumptions.

Well this argument can carry on forever I suppose. But I'm pretty certain this event is going to be another screwed up attempt at something that could be good for PvE and PvP players. We'll find out soon enough, but then it'll be too late to complain. You're right, everything at the moment is just assumption, but based on what we know that assumption is probably going to evolve into fact when the event is released. I just don't want to see this game release yet another could-have-been-awesome-but-flopped update :/

Well this argument can carry on forever I suppose. But I'm pretty certain this event is going to be another screwed up attempt at something that could be good for PvE and PvP players. We'll find out soon enough, but then it'll be too late to complain. You're right, everything at the moment is just assumption, but based on what we know that assumption is probably going to evolve into fact when the event is released. I just don't want to see this game release yet another could-have-been-awesome-but-flopped update :/

I understand your concern and your fear, I honestly do. And I actually agree with the risks in some of the things announced and see exactly the ways it could become a badly handled update instead of a great new thing to do in game.

But honestly, for your own sake as well, it is best not to get too worked up over the possibility of it sucking, when you don't know for sure yet if it does.

I always expect things to be as low and bad as possible.. that way, whatever it eventually turns out to be is almost always better than I expected. It really helped me control the inner 'nerdrage' all of us have inside. :)

I understand your concern and your fear, I honestly do. And I actually agree with the risks in some of the things announced and see exactly the ways it could become a badly handled update instead of a great new thing to do in game.

But honestly, for your own sake as well, it is best not to get too worked up over the possibility of it sucking, when you don't know for sure yet if it does.

I always expect things to be as low and bad as possible.. that way, whatever it eventually turns out to be is almost always better than I expected. It really helped me control the inner 'nerdrage' all of us have inside. :)

Heh, yeah, I get pretty worked up over stuff like this. Sorry if I came across as hostile, I don't intend to, but it's been bad decision after bad decision since launch and I'd quite like to see the game reach its true potential :(