Make Knights of the Old Republic 3

NathanielCline

Petition URL: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-kotor-3/

This petition is meant to show Disney/EA that a significant portion of gamers still enjoy single-player RPGs and feel let down when a particularly noteworthy series is abandoned in favor of an MMO.

The goal here is to get enough signatures so even the bean counters guarding the license will agree following up on the series is a good idea. Please tell your friends and family (none of the information below will be sold or used to spam you.)

We loved the KOTOR games for their riveting stories, life-like characters, and about a million other reasons too numerous to name--name one by your signature if you like--all of which made the journey worthwhile. We'd like it to continue.

So, if you've ever found yourself amazed by the choices these games forced you to make, or by some of the ones you found yourself making, or chuckled at what that faceless head had to say (who was that guy anyway?)

There's room for your name below. (Light and dark force points will be awarded accordingly.)

(Also join our community for ongoing updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-Kotor-3-Petition/214793918605615)

• Replies 98
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Ugh, ever since people discovered Change.org they think a petition can solve anything.

BINGO! You just won yourself 10 internets!

MY BOSS YELLED AT ME! I'm going to start a petition to get him fired!

I GOT CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC! I'm going to start a petition to get that guy's license revoked!

To be clear: I loved KOTOR1 and 2. This game IS, effectively, KOTOR3. Do you really think EA is going to pony up a ******** more cash so that Bioware could make the game that EA originally told them they weren't making?

How many signatures, exactly, do you think will change this huge, publically-held corporation's mind? Do they need to be stockholder signatures? How many shares much a given stockholder hold before his/her signature will matter?

"Closed mouths don't get fed" & "thinking your opinion doesn't matter is why your opinion doesn't matter."

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined. And we ALL know how money hungry Disney is. There's not a doubt in my mind that this game is being made.

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined. And we ALL know how money hungry Disney is. There's not a doubt in my mind that this game is being made.

The mere fact that it's an RPG pretty much destroys that whole statement.

Take a close look at the games you listed right there.

RPGs are still a niche compared to shooters like BF and CoD and games like GTA (which has pretty much become a unique genre of its own).

Even the biggest RPG titles have a hard time coming close to even one of those titles when it comes to sales.

Over here some of the local gaming stores do "midnight openings" for the really popular games when they go live (which is usually US time) - care to guess which titles they do it for and which aren't worth the effort sales-wise?

I would love a KOTOR 3, an actual story focused RPG without all the MMO "filler" content diluting the pace, if they ever were to do it they could even tie it in with SWTOR - maybe even share some development resources (like a new planet); sure they'd need converting to the Hero engine, but all the concept art and some other things could still be shared.

Edited by Callaron

"Closed mouths don't get fed" & "thinking your opinion doesn't matter is why your opinion doesn't matter."

Giving consumer feedback is good in general, but petitions like these tend to give people unrealistic expectations or really skewed impressions regarding how "obviously this would be a good move for [Company X], just look how many signatures the petition has!"

Although I'm sure EA knows that KOTOR 3 is the game that if done properly has the potential to sell more copies than BF, CoD, & GTA 5 combined.

Speaking of unrealistic expectations... I genuinely can't tell if this was just deliberately absurd hyperbole.

Given that Skyrim, that insanely popular RPG that everyone talks about, has been out for 2 years now and has sold a bit over 20 million copies (combined across PC, PS3 and XBox360) while GTA V has been out for just under 3 months and sold just under 30 million (without a PC release)... yeah, don't see that happening.

Petition URL: http://www.thepetitionsite.com/1/make-kotor-3/

This petition is meant to show Disney/EA that a significant portion of gamers still enjoy single-player RPGs and feel let down when a particularly noteworthy series is abandoned in favor of an MMO.

The goal here is to get enough signatures so even the bean counters guarding the license will agree following up on the series is a good idea. Please tell your friends and family (none of the information below will be sold or used to spam you.)

We loved the KOTOR games for their riveting stories, life-like characters, and about a million other reasons too numerous to name--name one by your signature if you like--all of which made the journey worthwhile. We'd like it to continue.

So, if you've ever found yourself amazed by the choices these games forced you to make, or by some of the ones you found yourself making, or chuckled at what that faceless head had to say (who was that guy anyway?)

There's room for your name below. (Light and dark force points will be awarded accordingly.)

(Also join our community for ongoing updates: https://www.facebook.com/pages/Make-Kotor-3-Petition/214793918605615)

ah... another hopeful thread out of the countless others i have seen begging for kotor 3. no petition will change their minds sadly.

this is your kotor 3.

take it in for what it is because this is as good as gets: lawn mower covered in christmas lights mount.

but hey, I enjoy the story missions and gameplay so just sit back and enjoy what we do have while it lasts.

Yes, KOTOR 1 is about you playing as Revan, and KOTOR 2 is about your playing as Mitra Surik and TOR is about several things but these all do go in chronological order.

Maybe for a KOTOR 3, it could be about Exar Kun/Qel Droma because technically they were around during the KOTOR era.

I may be wrong on some of the spelling and maybe some facts, correct me if I am wrong.

Yes, KOTOR 1 is about you playing as Revan, and KOTOR 2 is about your playing as Mitra Surik and TOR is about several things but these all do go in chronological order.

Maybe for a KOTOR 3, it could be about Exar Kun/Qel Droma because technically they were around during the KOTOR era.

I may be wrong on some of the spelling and maybe some facts, correct me if I am wrong.

That wouldn't be a KoTOR 3 though. It would be more like KoTOR: Episode 1.

Not to mention that they'd run the chance/risk of completely rewriting a lot of what happened in that time frame, as already exists in the Tales of The Jedi: Knights of The Old Republic comics.

There's probably also copyright issues they'd have to negotiatie, like with Nomi Sunrider not being called Nomi Sunrider in this game, instead having her maiden name of Da-boda.

She and her daughter Vima were supposed to be the central characters of a book that was cancelled last year, and was supposed to tie into events that directly lead up to the first KoTOR game.

BINGO! You just won yourself 10 internets!

MY BOSS YELLED AT ME! I'm going to start a petition to get him fired!

I GOT CUT OFF IN TRAFFIC! I'm going to start a petition to get that guy's license revoked!

To be clear: I loved KOTOR1 and 2. This game IS, effectively, KOTOR3. Do you really think EA is going to pony up a ******** more cash so that Bioware could make the game that EA originally told them they weren't making?

How many signatures, exactly, do you think will change this huge, publically-held corporation's mind? Do they need to be stockholder signatures? How many shares much a given stockholder hold before his/her signature will matter?

Respect

What purpose would Kotor 3 serve? We already know what happens to Revan. I don't see anything remotely interesting that could possibly happen between Kotor 2 and TOR. At least nothing that would make the plot of TOR seem ridiculous.

It would be utterly pointless. During a potential Kotor 3 the basic plot would revolve around Revan trying to kill the Emperor and failing miserably. Yes, you can put in some other sub-plots that have absolutely no meaning whatsoever, but there really isn't anything else.

What purpose would Kotor 3 serve? We already know what happens to Revan. I don't see anything remotely interesting that could possibly happen between Kotor 2 and TOR. At least nothing that would make the plot of TOR seem ridiculous.

It would be utterly pointless. During a potential Kotor 3 the basic plot would revolve around Revan trying to kill the Emperor and failing miserably. Yes, you can put in some other sub-plots that have absolutely no meaning whatsoever, but there really isn't anything else.

It wouldn't have to be about Revan at all, Kotor 2 barely had any mention of him.

There's no reason the story couldn't be about new "Knights" of the Old Republic - even loading save games would be rather pointless, since both Revan and Meetra got fully canonized by Bioware.

Edited by Callaron

It wouldn't have to be about Revan at all, Kotor 2 barely had any mention of him.

There's no reason the story couldn't be about new "Knights" of the Old Republic - even loading save games would be rather pointless, since both Revan and Meetra got fully canonized by Bioware.

So, who or what would the game be about? The lore clearly says nothing noteworthy happened between Kotor 2 and this game. It would look rather stupid if they just added some major galactic crisis.

So, who or what would the game be about? The lore clearly says nothing noteworthy happened between Kotor 2 and this game. It would look rather stupid if they just added some major galactic crisis.

Revan travelling to Dromund Kaas, getting captured, Surik rescuing him, slaying Nyriss, Scourge's adventures

=Nothing noteworthy?

Revan travelling to Dromund Kaas, getting captured, Surik rescuing him, slaying Nyriss, Scourge's adventures

=Nothing noteworthy?

Since the post I quoted clearly said "it does not have to be around Revan" I excluded that.

Clearly that is noteworthy, but even if they use that as plot for Kotor 3, it would be fairly lame, no?

Not only do we know the ending, but what else can Revan do in Imperial Space that would make an interesting game? He clearly never gets to warn the Republic, nor does he do anything (except for that failing against the Emperor) that would make a great plot.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Since the post I quoted clearly said "it does not have to be around Revan" I excluded that.

Clearly that is noteworthy, but even if they use that as plot for Kotor 3, it would be fairly lame, no?

Not only do we know the ending, but what else can Revan do in Imperial Space that would make an interesting game? He clearly never gets to warn the Republic, nor does he do anything (except for that failing against the Emperor) that would make a great plot.

Well, there's thousands of Sith Forces in utter chaos, running round killing whatever, as they're lacking a leader, A Jedi Council to be reconstructed... Plenty of stuff

Well, there's thousands of Sith Forces in utter chaos, running round killing whatever, as they're lacking a leader, A Jedi Council to be reconstructed... Plenty of stuff

And the galaxy is always full of civil wars and sinister plots, plenty of things that could make a great story without it having to be on an epic scale.

And if it has to be set between Kotor 2 and Swtor, well, there is 300 years of events that took place in between that - on thousands of planets.

Edited by Callaron

Where do these thousands of Sith come from? I'm not sure which Sith you are referring to.

As for the second point, I don't think you can make an interesting plot about reconstructing the Jedi Council, or indeed the order.

And the galaxy is always full of civil wars and sinister plots, plenty of things that could make a great story without it having to be on an epic scale.

And if it has to be set between Kotor 2 and Swtor, well, there is 300 years of events that took place in between that - on thousands of planets.

Except that we know that there is no wars or galactic crisis between the Kotor 2 and this game.

Unless you want to make a game that revolves around a Jedi doing a bunch of ordinary police work, I don't see what could really happen to make an interesting game.

Edited by JeffrenBrek

Except that we know that there is no wars or galactic crisis between the Kotor 2 and this game.

Unless you want to make a game that revolves around a Jedi doing a bunch of ordinary police work, I don't see what could really happen to make an interesting game.

I'm curious where you found this lore that claims there was a great era of peace that lasted three hundred years.

Heck, they could even set the game in the days of Satele Shan's youth, there was plenty of fighting going on back there before the treaty of Coruscant.

Where do these thousands of Sith come from? I'm not sure which Sith you are referring to.

As for the second point, I don't think you can make an interesting plot about reconstructing the Jedi Council, or indeed the order.

The Triumvirate was still in tact, Sion had his ships, there were Sith in other sectors.... They were left leaderless, like the Sith after Malak died.

The Triumvirate was still in tact, Sion had his ships, there were Sith in other sectors.... They were left leaderless, like the Sith after Malak died.

The Triumvirate is the left-over from Malak's empire. How powerful can the left-overs of the Triumvirate be? Besides, the Triumvirate was far from intact. They were far less numerous and powerful than Malak's Sith to begin with, and they suffered not one or two, but three majour setbacks - defeats on Onderon, Telos and Malachor V would've chopped the head and burned the body of the Triumvirate, leaving leaving few survivours, and of the least powerful, too.

KotOR 1 and 2 bled that source of Sith dry, trying to cook up a third game with that would be forcing the issue. A third KotOR could only relate to that mysterious Empire Revan set off to find, and indeed it is.

Edited by Stinghen