Worth Doing Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions?

rakhtar

So ive been 55 for about a week now and came across the Macrobinocular and Droid Seeker Missions. I did the introductory missions and am now on Taris and realizing that the missions objectives are spread out across the map. Made think, is it worth doing all the running around? I heard you can get some cool armor from it but i took a look at it and didnt realliy care for the armor. So is there any other reward for completing the missions? I did a bit of research and heard the seeker droids arent very reliable. Just wondering if i can just skip this part of the game if i dont really care for the items, and just continue with dailies and fps and ops, or is it worth the time to invest into these tedious missions? Thank you :) Edited by rakhtar

Are there gear rewards for these outside of the GSI Reputation vendor?

Also, I was doing Seeker Droid stuff and I got a mission on to fly to the Arcanum, an instanced space station. Is there an order to these things, should I not be repeating the same ones? Do the Seeker Droid's have their own story line to them? I assumed it was just repeatable non-sense like Oricon Dailies.

Are there gear rewards for these outside of the GSI Reputation vendor?

Nothing worthwhile. The kind of stuff you'd get on Makeb, and some 148s.

Also, I was doing Seeker Droid stuff and I got a mission on to fly to the Arcanum, an instanced space station. Is there an order to these things, should I not be repeating the same ones? Do the Seeker Droid's have their own story line to them? I assumed it was just repeatable non-sense like Oricon Dailies.

The seeker droid and macrobinocular stuff are 2 non-repeatable questlines, that take you roughly to the same planets to do stuff, and occasionally on a separate mission, like Arcanum. They both end with non-repeatable heroic 4 missions, which unlock a unique title once completed, and give you the binocs or seeker droid as a permanent ability rather than an item in your inventory.

Edited by Loc_n_lol

To those who find all of this hack & slay combat tedious, those new quest lines were and refrishing difference.

I agree with this sentiment; it was a nice change of pace. My only problem with these quest lines is that they go on and on and on and on and on...I would say I got about a third of the way through on one character and said enough and never again.

Droid seeker missions are kind of boring - it took me a lot of time to understand how that thing worked, and I'm still not sure I got it.

Macrobinocular missions could be fun, if they were given together with the planetary missions. As it is, you just visit the planets again, spend a lot of time driving, and it makes no sense.

Puzzles were especially annoying to me: I figured out some, had to go to dulfy for the next ones, and I especially didn't like the fact that the last missions, Heroic 4's, had puzzles, too, .i.e. you had to alt-tab to dulfy all the time.

In other words, not fond of this and GSI stuff. Makeb at least had good story, especially Imperial Makeb.

I loved them, but I had 3 friends to do them with (Thursday night group, worked on these missions every Thursday for about a month).

They are a great change-of-pace and the armor and titles you get are unique. What you have to go through to get them makes them especially unique, as few will have completed the quest line.

I believe you have to complete the Macrobinocular mission series on a toon of both factions in order to be able to start searching for the MCR-99 droids for that achievement and its associated pet. I have never been able to scan an MCR-99 droid except on the toon on which I have completed the mission.

I agree with this sentiment; it was a nice change of pace. My only problem with these quest lines is that they go on and on and on and on and on...I would say I got about a third of the way through on one character and said enough and never again.

I agree. I'm heavily procrastinating going to Belsavis with my macrobinocular series, simply because I hate Belsavis and its odd transport system.

Edited by AlrikFassbauer

I love these questlines they are to me the best aspect of the RotHC expansion. The seeker droid is really easy if you have the blue enhancer scanner makes getting them 10x faster. And the macrobinocular questlines is a fun puzzle quest with the best heroic 4/flashpoint in the game imo.

Also the GSI are really easy to do if you have a group and a great way to get basic comms for isotope 5s

I didn't bother to finish any Seeker Droid quests, as they seemed rather tedious to me. If you wanted any of the special stuff you can dig up, though, I think it would be worth it to try.

The macrobinocular quests were pretty fun, a nice change of pace. I scanned all the MCR-99 droids too while I was doing the quests, so all that traveling didn't seem so pointless.

But as far as the rewards you get for completing the quests go, for the amount of time spent I was rather unimpressed. And honestly, it was disappointing to have the solo quests culminate in Heroics (which I will never get to do because I am awful at jumping).

Basically, if they seem fun or you want the goodies, go for it. Otherwise, feel free to skip 'em. :)

i enjoyed them a lot, most the seeking around with the droid..did once both when they were fresh and there wasn't all that legacy gear around..they were worthy for that imo. gsi dailies are tedious..you can always give it a shot..at one of them at least.

And honestly, it was disappointing to have the solo quests culminate in Heroics (which I will never get to do because I am awful at jumping).

Team up with good jumpers in case you want to complete that one. You can catch up with the ones ahead. For me those heroics were indeed some of the best in the entire game. So the jumping should not hold you back.

Edited by Nazdika

• 6 years later...
Old posts, new question..

I'm 75 and just starting to do end game stuff, so I really need to do that MacroBinocular quest because XXX.

Can anyone fill in the XXX for me?

I don't recall any particular reward for the macrobinocular quests. You can dig up some interesting stuff with the seeker Droid.

There's no "need" to do either of them.

Biggest benefit to the Macrobinocular missions are the Macrobinos themselves - if you occasionally stop and scan the environment around you, you can find Shroud-chain unrelated things; on Dantooine, for example, they can be used to scan the old Jedi Enclave from KOTOR for an achievement. I think there's also some places, like Ziost, where they can be used to scan things that unlock additional missions...

And if you're a completionist, they can find the MCR-99 droids on planets, allowing you to complete that planet's section in your Legacy.

Adding on to what was already stated, there is a hidden achievement on CZ-198 that uses macrobinoculars that awards a mini-pet, there are a couple hidden bonus missions on Oricon that require macrobinoculars and the seeker droid, if you find all of the MCR-99 droids you get an achievement with a mini-pet, there is a hidden achievement for scanning an MCR-99 droid while doing a Star Fortress, and, of course, there are the daily GSI missions on various planets you can do for GSI reputation and access to the GSI vendors. There is probably more.

If you do decide to start the macrobinocular and seeker droid missions be aware that the final missions are difficult to complete solo and getting a group can be quite difficult. Most of the chains are done entirely solo with some very interesting missions along the way. It is the final missions that are the problem. The penultimate macrobinocular mission requires that everyone be on the exact same stage or they can not enter, fortunately it can be difficult but is soloable. The final macrobinocular mission can not be soloed as it requires four actual players to do the puzzles. The final seeker droid mission has some mechanics that are difficult, but not impossible, to navigate with a comp. If you do decide to start on these be aware that it may be quite difficult to finish them, but you can still use the macrobinoculars and seeker droid to do those bonus missions and achievements, and the GSI dailies without having to complete the chains.

It's not so much that the heroics are difficult, it's more that trying to form a group to do them is. But if you accept that you may need to advertise in advance, and/or ask guildmates to help, and that it may take a few days to form a group, then there's not as much problem. Edited by JediQuaker