ESO Review... not looking good.

Eric_Riot

• Replies 133
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

wait a minute. I'm sorry, but I just have to see if I understood that correctly.

guaranteed loot on a boss, even if you are not guaranteed to win it (or that it will even be good for you) - is dumbed down?

riiiiiight.

ESO has a lot of things going for it as well as a LOT of things that will push people away. which is fine as long as Zenimax is ok with it being a niche game. and that's pretty much what it is. niche. filling a different niche from SWTOR no less.

but I'm soooo sick and tired of the "dumbed down" argument being used for EVERY FEATURE YOU DON'T LIKE. that and "lazy".

Only commenting on point number 1. IT IS 2014!!! ENOUGH ALREADY!!!! It is not good game design to encourage trolling. I don't care if you loved the MMO's of old and their overtly hardcore mechanics. Those games dealt with a smaller more dedicated population since back then the genre only had a few hundred thousand. Times have changed and instead of telling the 'kiddies' to get off your lawn adapt to the changing times. No respectable developer these days will tell you what ESO has in regards to just that one video good design philosophy. It is terrible design and since it isn't a bug it is not something that can be claimed to be a mistake.

Outside of that I care nothing for this conversation so carry on! Keep in mind SWTOR is better than ESO in every way here simply because YOU ARE ON THE SWTOR FORUMS!!!! If you genuinely want to discuss the game go to a third party site.

What does a boss not dropping loot for every person in the whole group have to do with trolling? oh I see its 2014!

And just to educate you, Just eq1 itself at one time had as many subs as this game does right now. And I have adjusted to the times, I have embraced addons, group finders and even easy leveling but I just believe that throwing gear at people at a high rate will cause boredom quickly, and in a game that has 2 new raids and a couple of new flashpoints every year that can be a really bad thing.

ESO is a Joke. Your "FREE 30DAYS" is a LIE.

EVERYONE has been Immediately CHARGED 14.99 already THERE IS NO FREE MONTH. :mad::mad::mad: and the GAME is SWTOR with a Fantasy Skin on it... AND NO GALACTIC Trade Market....

EVERYTHING is Crafted and SOLD in the PVP Zone... NO Player Housing No Starships, No Guild Star Cruisers...

idk all Star wars has to do is create Capture Points in RVR Lakes and they have everything ESO offers... :rak_02:

GAME IS NOT WORTH BUYING... Its made with the HERO engine.. Sound Familiar?? Same damn game you have here for free kiddies I would NOT Stray at all.:ph_agree::ph_danger::ph_good_post:

oh for the love of

its NOT made with hero engine.

they use hero engine in the beginning to test things, but the game itself runs on the engine they built from scratch in house.

also, ESO is nothing like SWTOR. its has its own set of issues (some of them purely subjective), but its a different game, probably the only thing it has with SWTOR is that quests are fully voiced, at least on npc side and you can have conversation and occasional choices whether someone lives or dies

(and Mandalorian Armour, but I'd need an english wheel for that)

Late and off-topic, but that's where the link put me when I clicked on it, so, English wheels are for chumps. Get you a few hammers and an old stump and you're set - how I made my beskar'gam. :D

Edited by Bejarid

This is exactly what im talking about, ESO doesn't need to be defended from this because its either some dumbed down mmo cliché or its flat out false.

#1) Yeah sometimes on a boss you get no loot, many people like that and feel that the dumbed down mmos of today give everyone loot so easily and quickly people get bored and leave. Its a case of the Kids(players) not knowing what is good for them. and swtor has a huge problem with this but its not the only one.

#2) Gear does not mostly come in chests, ive gotten very little gear from chests maybe a green piece here and there and im sure someone somewhere has gotten a purple drop. The gear mainly comes from crafting, quests and boss drops. I agree the FFA chest system is not a good idea, but since theres nothing but garbage in them I don't really lose sleep over it.

And I don't think chests respawn in dungeons anymore, that was beta. Ive run every dungeon up to the level 35's multiple times and never seen anyone drop group to farm chests that drop mediocre gear sometimes and some change.

1) Old school MMOs are "old" for a reason,, move on.

2) Encouraging crafting is a nice sentiment, but reviews clearly state that crafting itself relies on how ninja you are on loots and gathering.

Note.. It's 2014. Any AAA MMO that launches WITHOUT an EU server is stupid as hell.

Edited by Manweth

Late and off-topic, but that's where the link put me when I clicked on it, so, English wheels are for chumps. Get you a few hammers and an old stump and you're set - how I made my beskar'gam. :D

Well I can do both, but the wheel is oh-so much nicer to use :)

(and easy on the arms)

And I would never use a stump, I'd use a leather sandbag... at least that's how I was tought :D