A better way to balance slicing to other gathering crew skills

AilsaH

Even so, without slicing as one of your crew skills, crafting is a huge money sink. It would be nice for some offset.

(I do not have slicing on my toon - Cybertech/Salvaging/Underworld Trading is what I have).

Edited by AilsaH

instead of lowering the credit gain with 50% it would been bether if they upped the mision time with 100%.

considering its a pure cash flow crew skill its unreaseneble that you loose more money then you gain.

atleast that way the cash flow is stil there. you stil get more money then you invest. but it just takes longer making it more fair vs other crew skills

Edited by sagajin

I agree that a better balance would have been upping the time it took to run each mission. I also think they should have taken a look at the profits that each rank gave. I know before this change running 25-32 missions for the most part where where the best profit to time ration was. In all honesity they should have set it up to be something like ,best of the rank mind you, rank one 10cr/min, Rank 2 is 20cr/min, rank 3 is 30cr/min ect. Yes this would make it something like rank 6 getting you like 1800(60*30min) of profit (3800 in box - 2000 to run mission).

Also a large part of the problem with altering ANY skill this early is you don't have sufficient data on modes for how the population will respond to stuff that produces new shinies-vs gathering (the supply end.). For instance if people didn't take bioanalysis at all would they nerf other profs in response in the hope they got people to take that one prof?