Andronikos Revel

Dayshadow

I've taken care of Wilkes on Tatooine. Technically, I have no real need for Revel anymore. Is there any story reasons to bring along any further vs Khem Val. I'm playing a DPS sorc so I have no real use for another DPS, but I'll take him in this instance if it's worth it. Is it?

I was disappointed in the smuggler story when bringing Korso made no difference whatsoever.

are you talking about a story perspective or gameplay?

gameplay - he's really great DPS. i found him far more useful than khem on my assassin, granted i was an assassin not a sorc, but still. tanks aren't really that great honestly. i found dps companions on most characters to make leveling go alot faster. healer for less downtime, tanks just seem to take a beating.

story - he had been living the last long while purely for revenge. now that its over and done, he sorta has nothing. so why not tag along with the sith lord you've been hanging out with? you can make him become your pilot as well (he'll talk more than you during space combat). why wouldn't you want a talented gun fighter and pilot on your crew? he's got nothing else, working for a sith seems like a good job to him. everyone wins.

are you talking about a story perspective or gameplay?

gameplay - he's really great DPS. i found him far more useful than khem on my assassin, granted i was an assassin not a sorc, but still. tanks aren't really that great honestly. i found dps companions on most characters to make leveling go alot faster. healer for less downtime, tanks just seem to take a beating.

story - he had been living the last long while purely for revenge. now that its over and done, he sorta has nothing. so why not tag along with the sith lord you've been hanging out with? you can make him become your pilot as well (he'll talk more than you during space combat). why wouldn't you want a talented gun fighter and pilot on your crew? he's got nothing else, working for a sith seems like a good job to him. everyone wins.

I'm not saying I don't want him on my ship period.

What I'm asking is, is there anything special dialog-wise that is worth bringing him along on Tatooine after Wilkes is dealt with? I work better with Khem, but if there is something worthwhile I'll slum it with Revel throughout the rest of the class story on Tat.

As far as usefulness I'm sure he would be as an assasin as Khem Val would just be redundant then. Revel does not draw aggro because I out DPS him. I'm a squishy class and vs boss types it's not good when I'm being shot at. I have no real use for another DPS.

Andronikor is great. I love having him with me more than any of my other companions including Talos, your healer. I am a lightning specced Sorc with 10 points in the heal tree. I deal a good amount of damage but if I take a beating I let Andronikos take over and I just keep him shielded/healed. I find him far more useful than Khem Val, but that's me. He also speaks basic and having a conversation with him is far easier since I can't read fast enough to get what Khem is saying :p

I say take who you like more, but you would be missing out working with Revel and building his affection some.

Edited by Kilikaa

If your toon is female Inquisitor, Andronikos is the possible love interest. Which is one reason I kept him along. Plus I love his voice! And I got tired of Khem telling me he was going to kill me some day, plus my toon is so short I had a hard time seeing over Khem's ugly back!

Seriously though, Andronikos's dps rocks. I love burning things down with him. Mobs die quick. That to me is more than enough reason to keep him around.

I took him with me on Alderaan. He ended up getting me killed because he broke whirlwind at the end of House Rist part were you're ambushed by two strongs and normals. I had never died in PvE until that point. Revel is now on the ship forever. I'm never taking him out again. He just keeps attacking after you mez people. That wasn;t first time he did that. Just the first time against a foe that stood a chance of winning. Really annoying. And no, they didn't have affliction on them and his AOe is turned off. As a squishy class can't really afford that kind of stuff happening. I don't see how any DPS sorc would prefer him over Khem Val.

I would have actually been better off alone. I could have whirlwinded the 1 strong, picked off the weaks and took each strong 1vs1.

He ended up getting me killed because he broke whirlwind

Mmm, I've noticed he does that too. Other companions respect the CC moves, but Andronikus does seem to like making things a little trickier for me.

I do like him though, his DPS is wonderful, I just need to find a lighter skin for him that looks halfway decent.

Light and cornrows, light and full facial tattoos, light and stoner's dreadlocks, light and mohawk, What happened to light and cute BW!?