Nerf

Sir_Galapagos

Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?

Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

and thats why rage juggs and maras NEED A NERF (so do pyro-techs)

Who remembers when operatives could come out of stealth and do 6k damage with one ability? Who enjoyed getting hit for 6k with one attack? Who thought they needed a nerf?

Well months later we have the same problem except with rage juggs/maras. They leap to you and do 6k with the first attack. How is this not nerfed yet. If operatives aren't allowed to 6k in one ability certainly the much more tanky juggs and maras shouldn't be able to either.

Yeah, Operatives could open with a 6-8k opener.....but then keep hitting you for 4-5k then move on to the next. While I do agree derpsmash is stupid its not even close to what Operatives could do

Operatives

- Stun lock people to unsub (you were stunned, then dead, without a chance to play)

- can stealth away

- ranged autoattack

- able to self heal some

- lethal dps

Guardian

- Has to jump in to attack

- no get out of jail free card

- would kill for a ranged autoattack

- lethal dps

I think they should make all the Operative Stuns work as badly as Force Statis, IMO.

Edited by KettleBelll

If you are well geared operatives can't kill you like that anymore. Used to die to them like that before.. once you start to get into WH gear they can't do so much dmg.

Sents/Jugs need to be kited, they can't smash that often. Focus juggs/maras are very bad dps if used without smash, if smash is nerfed, than other attacks need buffs - or noone will play them at all.

Yeah, Operatives could open with a 6-8k opener.....but then keep hitting you for 4-5k then move on to the next. While I do agree derpsmash is stupid its not even close to what Operatives could do

As a MM Sniper, they are my bane. Best was 2 shotted by a Scoundrel.

...Yes, I have augmented WH gear, and it didn't help.

Edited by Beansoup

Nerf Maras.

Operatives

- Stun lock people to unsub (you were stunned, then dead, without a chance to play)

- can stealth away

- ranged autoattack

- able to self heal some

- lethal dps

Guardian

- Has to jump in to attack

- no get out of jail free card

- would kill for a ranged autoattack

- lethal dps

I think they should make all the Operative Stuns work as badly as Force Statis, IMO.

Stealth has a 2 minute cooldown, son. Plus, you can pull me out of it and the stealth detection in this game is ridiculous.

Also, you have Guardian Leap, which is one of the best defensive abilities ever, for both you and the person you're using it on. You can instantly leap out harms way to one of your ranged DPS.

Has to jump in to attack? Son, Operative has to run in, we don't even have a proper gap closer. Plus our nuke requires us to be in stealth and behind the target in melee range without being pulled from stealth AND it hits for less than smash and smash is an AoE. Not to mention the fact that it's guaranteed crit, hidden strike isn't.

Sure, take my stun, if I get an AoE that allows me to crit 5 people for 6k consistantly.

You really can't compare Guardian to Operative.

Edited by DweezillKagemand

It wouldnt work . Noone would spec focus /rage then .. No buff vigilance then to make them prefer single target damage.

What? You want to make another tree OP? This will force you to stack crit, like every other class when wanting critical hits. Trying to make the tree balanced with the most OP 1 currently just doubles the imbalance.

Gunslinger can make 9k with 1 CD but hushhhhhh

Several abilites in a row maybe, but not 1 cd. As for smash/sweep what about spreading damage the more targets are hit, the fewer the targets the more each is hit for. One target maximum damage, perhaps increase the number of targets hit by smash to compensate.

Every class & build has its own strengths & weaknesses, most people who always cry foul are just bad players or have setup their toon wrong

But, there will always be people who are right crying foul unless the devs achieve to do an utopic perfectly balanced game.

Edited by Altheran

The difference was back then everyone had 10-12k health and now its around 20k. The comparison is apples to oranges when ops could tkae away 50-60% of your life and kill you before their knockdown was over verses an attack that does 20%-30% that is followed up mediocre attacks.

Several abilites in a row maybe, but not 1 cd. As for smash/sweep what about spreading damage the more targets are hit, the fewer the targets the more each is hit for. One target maximum damage, perhaps increase the number of targets hit by smash to compensate.

There is plenty of downtime for rage/focus between smashes. Enough time to kill them. Gear being equal a team should only run into trouble against rage/focus if,

1. there are 3 or more

2. there are 2, one guarded and 1 healer focusing on them

One of my 3 active pvp toons is a rage jugg. Doing 4-5k damage to a group in a heal splash isn't much damage. Basically, good game play makes smash less effective. Ranged grouping by their healer or for God's sake 2 healers sitting next to each other.... why do people keep doing this? Video game commonsense (heh) is all that's needed to reduce effectiveness of most attacks in game, especially smash/sweep.