A Guide to Group Finder

CourtneyWoods

Because that's far more mature isn't it? Aren't we glad we can have this community where people are able to say "NOBODY PLAY WITH THAT PERSON!!!"....:rolleyes:

As with everything, there is a right and a wrong way to call someone out. For example, using the server forums, establish a blacklist of players to make others aware of potential problem makers or reporting them for potential griefing depending on the situation. Obviously, only a braindead monkey would sit on the fleet spamming 'OMG LOLSITHPWNU IS SUCH A NOOB! CUED (blatant word misuse for emphasis) AS A TANK N THAN WOLDNT TANK!'

• Replies 111
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

As with everything, there is a right and a wrong way to call someone out. For example, using the server forums, establish a blacklist of players to make others aware of potential problem makers or reporting them for potential griefing depending on the situation. Obviously, only a braindead monkey would sit on the fleet spamming 'OMG LOLSITHPWNU IS SUCH A NOOB! CUED (blatant word misuse for emphasis) AS A TANK N THAN WOLDNT TANK!'

Luckily we live in a day an age where there's such an amazing function as an ignore command. Whereby we are not ever grouped again with that player. It's really a fantastic thing, you should try out every other MMO that isn't about 5 years behind.

Luckily we live in a day an age where there's such an amazing function as an ignore command. Whereby we are not ever grouped again with that player. It's really a fantastic thing, you should try out every other MMO that isn't about 5 years behind.

You don't get it. Part of building a community (you know, the whole idea of keeping the LFG system bound to single server) is to make sure our fellow players are aware of a bad apple. Putting someone on your ignore list helps you, but it doesn't help the next person who gets stuck with them. By making others aware of a dirtbag, you're doing your part to make sure the community is just a tiny bit better. (Of course, I do realize I'm most likely talking to a brick wall in the only person that matters is me generation)

You don't get it. Part of building a community (you know, the whole idea of keeping the LFG system bound to single server) is to make sure our fellow players are aware of a bad apple. Putting someone on your ignore list helps you, but it doesn't help the next person who gets stuck with them. By making others aware of a dirtbag, you're doing your part to make sure the community is just a tiny bit better. (Of course, I do realize I'm most likely talking to a brick wall in the only person that matters is me generation)

Community died the day MMO's became popular. Community exists in small groups, that's nigh impossible now with thousands of people on your server. Community has now evolved into being Guilds.

You can cry all you like about this so called 'Me Generation' but that term is being thrown around at anyone who simply wants to be able to play the game they're paying for. I agree a game should be challenging and not just give a player all the rewards for none of the effort, but sitting around waiting for enough people to come online who are your level and want to do a Flashpoint is not working for something.

This game has had half a year to build any sort of Community on the servers, and there is none. There's nothing stopping people building Communities and there is no cross-server LFG to blame, people just don't bother.

MMO's are not what they once were, and people really need to get over that. Put down the rose-tinted glasses and start living in the present.

Edited by chaosdefined

MMO's are not what they once were, and people really need to get over that. Put down the rose-tinted glasses and start living in the present.

Thank you so much for your wonderfully constructive post that really presents an excellent solution to the problem of anti-social "I want to play the game I payed for, everyone else can go hang" players. Now, just share with us what server and name(s) you play on so we can "praise" your insight appropriately...? :p

Thank you so much for your wonderfully constructive post that really presents an excellent solution to the problem of anti-social "I want to play the game I payed for, everyone else can go hang" players. Now, just share with us what server and name(s) you play on so we can "praise" your insight appropriately...? :p

My post was rather constructive, it instructed people crying about community to wake up to the fact that in 6 months nobody has bothered to build one here, and so Cross-Server instances aren't going to change what doesn't exist.

And I say pot kettle black sir, you say those who are saying "I want to play the game I pay for" are anti-social, but then so are those saying "I care about this mythical community, so everyone on dead servers will have to deal with it!".

You're not going to be able to prevent other people from queuing if you don't like them. This seems to be an argument against any kind of random dungeon finder, not just whether it is same server or cross server.

I'd like to see the group finder include hard mode and nightmare operations. Those are the only times I have problems finding people to fill a group. There would have to be some kind of a gear check though.

Hmmm... Either the tool is not working or I'm doing it wrong. Queued for over an hour and a half for 4 flashpoints in my level range and heroics(?) on Taris but nothing happened yet. Funny thing because on the old server (with less population), I never waited longer than 20 minutes for warzones. Or are people still scared from the new feature and not using it yet?

Cheers, Niko

• 1 month later...
  • 3 years later...

Has anyone had problems with NOT getting credit for the Weekly HM FP groupfinder quest? Of course I have no problems getting credit for the easy tactical groupfinder weekly, just the far more difficult hard mode FPs.

And for reference:

-I have started the HM FP at the very beginning

-There were no replacements (original group that started finished)

-We got credit for the daily

But NO WEEKLY credit.

This is beyond frustrating

First, nice necro. Second, I've had this problem as well. It either has something to do with the fact that it says the weekly is for level 60 hard mode flash points, so if it were a FP from before level 60 maybe it doesn't count. It's that or, the games just buggy and sometimes it doesn't give credit. I'm gonna put my money on the second, last night it was doing some weird stuff for me as well. It sucks because some HM FPs take a good long while to get done especially if you're doing it with a new tank/healer in the group.