Class-Biased Item Drops

I'm sure under a majority of situations that having the items drop with a bias towards the makeup of the group is a good thing, but I'm finding that farming lower level flashpoints for equipment for my companions is very frustrating. I'm trying to get the medium armor set from Cademimu for Vette/Quin, for instance, but all I keep getting is Juggernaut gear.

Anyone else experience this? I assume if I get an Agent friend in there with me that things will get better. This just feels like an unfortunately negative side effect that no one cared or even thought about. :(

Actually, it can be a pain even for your actual character. Back when I was gearing my Sage healer in Columi, Scoundrel gloves were very useful for their power/surge enhancement. Moving onto tier 2 it's not an issue thanks to Black Hole comms, but off-class drops certainly have their uses.

I'd say the general reduction in frustation is worth having the new system though.

i have had a weird time with gear drops. why is the groupd getting a sniper rifle, when no one in the group can use them?

although, funny story about misused gear, my juggernaut went till level 20 in the medium black talon chestpiece. it was the best thing i could find.

This frustrates me as well. I'd love to grab certain chest pieces for Zenith and Tharan from FP's, but I shudder to think of how many times I may have to run them. >.<

Personally, I think a good fix for this would be to have loot tables adjusted to take any companions in the group into account too, not just player characters.

Granted, sometimes people do try FP's with a companion when they are short a member, but in such cases the players can decide together whose companion to use. And between all the players in the group and their companions, surely someone will want the gear that drops for the companion being used for the FP.

Edited by Gwena

It really isn't a problem considering that the level you would require to solo flashpoints would have to be at a point where the loot from said flashpoint shouldn't be an upgrade. The only flashpoint where this isn't true is Esseles/Black Talon due to both being meant for 2 people.

If you're looking to gear companions, it's honestly better to roll through these flashpoints with a buddy that using the same mainstat as the companion you want to gear. Then again, if that buddy needs the gear, you're out of luck.

In the end, it's more efficient to gear companions with the mission rewards they get. Just pick a companion to hold on to for the entire game and always choose the armor/weapon that's for them. You'll ultimately only need to buy them implants and an earpiece.

Edited by ImmortalAlien

I'm sure under a majority of situations that having the items drop with a bias towards the makeup of the group is a good thing, but I'm finding that farming lower level flashpoints for equipment for my companions is very frustrating. I'm trying to get the medium armor set from Cademimu for Vette/Quin, for instance, but all I keep getting is Juggernaut gear.

Anyone else experience this? I assume if I get an Agent friend in there with me that things will get better. This just feels like an unfortunately negative side effect that no one cared or even thought about. :(

Yes it is probably true that very few cares about if people are having problem getting companion loot when farming lower level flashpoints. Perhaps it is so that a majority think that getting usable loot most of the time for the characters themselves is alot more important... I wonder why?

Perhaps it is so that you should just stop doing that since it is worthless? Just keep progressing and do some heroics and select companion gear from any quest rewards that grant them?!

Or just goto the SI forum and cry about having to use a lightsabre when you want to use a pencil.

Yes it is probably true that very few cares about if people are having problem getting companion loot when farming lower level flashpoints. Perhaps it is so that a majority think that getting usable loot most of the time for the characters themselves is alot more important... I wonder why?

Perhaps it is so that you should just stop doing that since it is worthless? Just keep progressing and do some heroics and select companion gear from any quest rewards that grant them?!

Or just goto the SI forum and cry about having to use a lightsabre when you want to use a pencil.

Who pissed in your Cheerios this morning?

It's not about getting upgrades, it's about getting a specific look.

It's not about getting upgrades, it's about getting a specific look.

You'll be pleasantly surprised to know that all the models and skins available in leveling flashpoints are craftable by Armomech and Synthweaving crafters. They just use a different name.

For example, compare the Sniper (Level 19, SW and IA only) set to the Black Talon Operative set.

Sure, that specific set cannot be used on companions yet it serves to demonstrate that you do not have to farm flashpoints for the appearance of a set that doesn't drop for your class.