A shame that Bioware doesnt care about PvP

Zolaz

• Replies 50
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Top Posters In This Topic

You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.

One of my guildies made a quote that made some sense... "hardcore players might tend to preorder and go darkside, but the guys that open the box and install on Christmas are more inclined to go light side and install after launch".

Are you seeing more Dark Side players at this time?? or just all over the boards?

I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

PVP should take backseat.

I loved PVP the way it is. WoW PVP had issues. Not that is was bad. WoW PVP had some good stuff too. However as Blizzard has admitted to regretting their implementation. The current SWTOR model is working.

They don't want quick kills. They don't want the Gear to be to separate. They want the gear for PVP and PVE. After a dozen games of Hutball. It's bloody awesome.

i know this guy in rl, he cant beat me at chess

You can already see how PvP takes a back seat to devs in SWTOR. SEVERE guild imbalance and seeding of guilds. Bioware just slapped some stuff together and called it good.

Are you going to list some examples, something substantive? Or just make a broad generalized statement?

Bioware hates puppies and oranges!

well ths argument been going on since the start of mmo's. everybody gonna like either pve or pvp. it is very hard for any game company to actually balance both aspects. if any gaming company can balance both pve and pvp to accomodate every player. then they will rule.

alas i doubt this will ever happen and people will always have this argument. but you never know Bioware might figure out a plan lil later down the line to make both sides happy. until then everybody must take the good with the bad.

Guild war 2 is coming out soon, go play that if you are truly pvp hardcore or darkfall if you're into FFA style.

Star Wars is a big commercial IP that will obviously be casual centric... so pvper is not their target audience.

oh and... QQ MORE

LOL I love Dark Fall until they NERF hell out of my pole arms .....

People like you make Bioware's work so love-able. Yeah, its you're opinion about PvP, but just because YOU don't like it means that they don't care about PvP? If you worry too much about SWTOR's PvP then why bother playing it. It's fine as it is.

this attitude is why we can't have nice things.

Guild war 2 is coming out soon, go play that if you are truly pvp hardcore or darkfall if you're into FFA style.

Star Wars is a big commercial IP that will obviously be casual centric... so pvper is not their target audience.

oh and... QQ MORE

yuup, soon as that comes out I am converting but until then it's all about swtor

oh and... QQ MORE

what will you say when they add an arena? :rolleyes:

This game hasn't been launched yet, there is no way to balance the guilds evenly, and then have the players that joins on the 20th to unbalance it.

Everyone who read the forums or check on any website that describes SWTOR knows that Empire has alot more players, so if you play the game create a main on the Republic side then it will balance out. If not, more cannon fodder for the Republics.

Besides, once you choosen a side its not like you can't create alts in the other factions. If you have such a huge problem, get your friends and join the other side or get others to join the Republic.

God knows why no company brings out a pvp game like Dark age of camelot ??

By far the best pvp mmorg ever made and still is!

yeah, and with improvements SWTOR could implement DAoC style of PvP SO easily if they just took a few minutes, it wouldn't adversely affect anything in the game as it is I don't think...ahhhhh well if they don't fix PvPing before I'm done with the story-lines, I'll cancel and simply wait for DOMINUS to satisfy my PvP, check that out, DAoC developers new game, looks like it has awesome potential.

I love that everyone is in such a frenzy about pvp issues....thaw game isn't even out yet and they just opened early access. I give every game developer a chance to improve on their game after it comes out, and 90% of the time I'm not disappointed.

Wow pvp had its issues, and in the end they couldn't find a balance for all of their players, casual or competitive, but it still worked to a degree, and they still tried. With what I've read, it seems bw has asolid base pvp system with plenty of room to improve, and I'm sure they will, it will just take some time. I can't understand why everyone is so quick to judge and jump on a game the first time they play it, especially in an mmo, where things are more complicated and take more time to balance out. Patience....I'm sure the main issues will be worked on, for better or worse, they almost always will.

Edited by Zombifikation

I love that everyone is in such a frenzy about pvp issues....thaw game isn't even out yet and they just opened early access. I give every game developer a chance to improve on their game after it comes out, and 90% of the time I'm not disappointed.

Wow pvp had its issues, and in the end they couldn't find a balance for all of their players, casual or competitive, but it still worked to a degree, and they still tried. With what I've read, it seems bw has asolid base pvp system with plenty of room to improve, and I'm sure they will, it will just take some time. I can't understand why everyone is so quick to judge and jump on a game the first time they play it, especially in an mmo, where things are more complicated and take more time to balance out. Patience....I'm sure the main issues will be worked on, for better or worse, they almost always will.

Trying is for the special olympics ... even Yoda knows that. Bioware just doesnt care about pvp.

One of my guildies made a quote that made some sense... "hardcore players might tend to preorder and go darkside, but the guys that open the box and install on Christmas are more inclined to go light side and install after launch".

Are you seeing more Dark Side players at this time?? or just all over the boards?

And that's why if you wanted to see a lot of PVP, should have gone republic.

5 Sith v 1 Republic guild is hard to find PVP.

however.

1 Republic Guild v 5 Sith is a plethera of PVP.