RP-PvP "Lord Calypho" - Excluded from Transfers...

LovarBoy

If nothing else, this thread has saved me a good nine quid a month.

Think I'll whittle away the last days of my sub on the Progenitor. Had enough of this now. Not done anything on my main in nearly a week. If no-one can be bothered to reply then I can't be bothered to pay for this dross.

It's been real.

• Replies 955
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Another day, another post. Can we please get an answer soon. Heck I'm even willing to throw money at you with paid transfers if that's the only solutikon. Do you really hate money and happy customers this much?

Ill give it to my sub runs out for them to either sort this or for Lord Calypho to rebuild its self otherwise im gone

And they wonder why they loose so many subscribers

Edited by Parali
discussion of moderation

Ill give it to my sub runs out for them to either sort this or for Lord Calypho to rebuild its self otherwise im gone

And they wonder why they loose so many subscribers

Collecting active subs seems to be priority, but keeping them isnt. Be interesting to see what genius plan BW has in store when GW 2 launches. No doubt more promises they cant keep, rammed servers, and people leaving in droves.

Edited by Parali
bad quote

Well, the German CMs seem to be alive again, after they kept their heads down during the week...

Nein, seid ihr nicht. Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen. Mehr darf ich leider noch nicht sagen. :jawa_wink:

No, you are not [forgotten]. Just wait for a little aditional while. Unfortunatly, I'm not allowed to say more. :jawa_wink:

And a short while later...

Keiner unserer Kunden ist unrentabel. Alle zahlen den gleichen Monatsbeitrag. :jawa_wink:

Wir haben eure Bedenken gleich zu Beginn weitergegeben und wie es in jeder größeren Firma so ist, hat der Entscheidungsprozess eine Weile gedauert. Als die Entscheidung da war, haben wir erneut Bedenken geäussert (weil eben auch noch RPler auf den Servern sind) und - wie vorhergesehen - wollten einige von euch ja tatsächlich nicht wechseln.

Ob man jetzt besonders laut schreit oder seine Meinung freundlich und sachlich vorträgt, das ändert nichts an der Tatsache, dass wir diese Meinung sehen und versuchen, für euch in Austin etwas zu erreichen. (Persönlich und menschlich allerdings freuen wir uns über konstruktive Kritik mehr als über viele Ausrufezeichen und Schimpfworte. :jawa_wink:)

Wie gesagt, das Thema ist hier noch nicht vom Tisch. Wir haben euch nicht vergessen.

No one of our customers is unprofitable. Everyone pays the same monthly subscription fee. :jawa_wink:

We have forwarded your concerns right from the beginning and, as it happens in every larger corporation, the decission making took some time. As the decission was made we announced concerns again (since there are also RPlers on the servers) and - as predicted - some of you didn't want to transfer.

If someone cries out especially loud or brings his opinion forward in a friendly and matter-of-factly manner changes nothing at the fact that we see this opinion and try to move something in Austin. (Personally we are more delighted by constructive criticism than by a lot of exclamation marks and abusive language. :jawa_wink:)

As already said the topic is not off the table. We do not have forgot you.

As with Bastian's postings a week before, translated by me as 3rd party.

And here I thought Blizzard"s mild neglect of RP'ers was bad.

This is getting ridiculous, even a sign of life at this point would be a welcome change of pace. I want to play this game as an RP'er, and I don't want to give up my two lvl 50's and the time i've spent on them in order to do so.

I've stayed put on Lord Calypho, Haven't logged in at all, since this debacle, save for once, to reserve my character's names on Progenitor, hoping i'd be able to transfer there "soon".

It's ridiculous how so many of us are even willing to pay for transfers, even though we are well justified for a free transfer to the progenitor, from where I'm sittting, yet no-one bothers to even reply to our concerns.

I realize that this will probaply drown in this thread, but hey, maybe the thread length and rating'll catch their eye.

P.S. : rate the thread, to keep it even bumped-ier

Well an orange pixel would have been quicker but this is all I needed. I will be curious to see whether we receive an equivalent response in English when our american cohorts rise from their slumber.

We just wanted some recognition that the matter was being looked at. Granted this has come via the German forums but regardless. Thank you.

Well an orange pixel would have been quicker but this is all I needed. I will be curious to see whether we receive an equivalent response in English when our american cohorts rise from their slumber.

They were awake enough to delete our posts in this topic.:)

We just wanted some recognition that the matter was being looked at. Granted this has come via the German forums but regardless. Thank you.

Nothing concrete though.

Edited by LordExozone

Leave the Orange Pixel alone please…. !

Leave the Orange Pixel alone!…right now!….I mean it.!

Anyone that has a problem with her you deal with me, because she is not well right now.

LEAVE HER ALONE!

Greetings,

We have had to remove several discussion of moderation posts, so we would like to remind everyone that if you have comments or suggestions about moderation, we ask that you email us at Communitysupport@swtor.com rather than posting about moderation on the forums.

Please keep in mind that during these clean-up processes, sometimes posts are removed not because they themselves break the rules, but because they reply to or even quote other posts than have been removed due to violations.

We hope this clears things up a little. Thank you!

Quote: Originally Posted by UrsulaBrand

Nein, seid ihr nicht. Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen. Mehr darf ich leider noch nicht sagen.

Somehow this line sounds promising? Atleast for you guys that stayed on the RP-PVP servers.

Somehow this line sounds promising? Atleast for you guys that stayed on the RP-PVP servers.

"Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen" sounds promising to you? It's more like the obligatory Soon™. It's not about wanting something to be done sometime, it's about wanting something to be done now. People are still paying while not enjoying themselves. We've already waited for more than a week in the hope of receiving what we're paying for. Instead, we get "Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen", which we have already by the way, and which presents absolutely no solution and wasn't even posted here!

And yet we have arrived at a point where even the slightest sign of a reply, informative or not, is welcomed with almost tears of joy. It's like throwing a few crumbs of bread to a man almost dying of starvation and have him say "Thank you" for his remaining days, although his situation didn't change one bit. Simply... sad.

Time is of the essence. Transfers will occur, paid or not. That's a fact. However, people won't wait forever for that to happen. And once people are fed up with being spat at, they'll be gone, come transfers or not. Many of us may still not like the idea of quitting the game, but being treated like a worthless minority (while still paying!) is sort of forcing one to just ditch the whole thing altogether. I don't know about you, but I feel like being taken for a fool. Very soon, neither my love for the game nor any more Soon™ posts will be able to convince me to keep playing it.

Edited by Kiyosa

"Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen" sounds promising to you? It's more like the obligatory Soon™. It's not about wanting something to be done sometime, it's about wanting something to be done now. People are still paying while not enjoying themselves. We've already waited for more than a week in the hope of receiving what we're paying for. Instead, we get "Wartet einfach noch ein bißchen", which we have already by the way, and which presents absolutely no solution and wasn't even posted here!

I think it's more the "I am not allowed to say anything yet." part. With the rest of te post it sounds suspiciously positiv.

Hehe, my German being non existent I thought this was what they were referring to. Saying they can't say anything 'yet' suggests that they have been working on something for us over the past week.

Maybe it doesn't, maybe it is just more gumpf to placate us and the subtleties have been lost in translation. But maybe, just maybe..

It doesn't change the fact that I would like more transparency and communication but it's a step forward, however small it may be.

OK. Let's be straight enough.

A little background: I'm in general positive person, as well as I have experience with creative industries and management in the field.

To my understanding the following points are appropriate:

1. Each decision like this includes choosing lesser evil, and surely people try to make it as flawless as possible, also according to the strategic goals, values of the company they are working for etc

2. This decision (free transfer to PvP from RP-PvP server) definitely was not the lesser evil. It could have been predicted, however I think the data (which is accessible to the company) on player behaviour would confirm it already

3. Customers you are aiming for have different values, so in case of mass product you try to approach wider audience and people with different values

4. There are people who have a mindset and values fit for RP-PVP. RP PVP is definitely not closer to the values of PVP.

5. All the transfer process in Lord Calypho situation was not a good solution to retain customers with this particular values. I bet, some of the people who did transfer, feel (or will start to feel) cheated and that they were not provided the right amount of information where are they transfering and what is the cost of it

6. People who decided to remain...I know, it was probably good intention, but in last post community representative stated, that they encourage people who enjoy RP-PVP to remain on server. That sounds absolutly cynical, as there is NO encouragement in ANY form of action, reality is completely vice versa. The game definitely wasn't intended to be played as it is now on empty server. So where is this encouragement? You are kidding me?? ;)

7. People who are rolling alts on another RP-PVP (NA) or RP (EU) servers also feel/will feel alienated because of losing their stuff, friends, legacy, history etc on LC

8. Now imagine the feelings of all mentioned players, when they will realise, that to sort things out in any way they will have to pay for transfers. (Note: I'm sure, that there is no technical problem to make free transfers to several servers, it is corporate policy to enable more revenue from paid transfers)

9. RP-PVP crowd is not the biggest one, but one of the more mature, stable and loyal group of clients (I wonder, if company is analysing their numbers, they would see it right away). It doesn't pay for itself, but also contributes towards creating decent environment to attract more clients who try product out

10. Corporate policy with focus only on revenue will take you nowhere. From the facts, I can clearly say, that this game is either managed unprofessionaly, or the main focus is on $$$ and greed (one of the worst corporate values) contribute towards the fail. Of course, you can make quick buck today if you do not care about the product on the long term. But it's not the case anymore in our ever-changing reality.

Please, don't be shortsighted or you will lose. And - the most important - passion matters, not money. Company has to be passionate about how they create or run their product, not only say it in PR. People will feel it in the end...

OK. Let's be straight enough.

A little background: I'm in general positive person, as well as I have experience with creative industries and management in the field.

To my understanding the following points are appropriate:

1. Each decision like this includes choosing lesser evil, and surely people try to make it as flawless as possible, also according to the strategic goals, values of the company they are working for etc

2. This decision (free transfer to PvP from RP-PvP server) definitely was not the lesser evil. It could have been predicted, however I think the data (which is accessible to the company) on player behaviour would confirm it already

3. Customers you are aiming for have different values, so in case of mass product you try to approach wider audience and people with different values

4. There are people who have a mindset and values fit for RP-PVP. RP PVP is definitely not closer to the values of PVP.

5. All the transfer process in Lord Calypho situation was not a good solution to retain customers with this particular values. I bet, some of the people who did transfer, feel (or will start to feel) cheated and that they were not provided the right amount of information where are they transfering and what is the cost of it

6. People who decided to remain...I know, it was probably good intention, but in last post community representative stated, that they encourage people who enjoy RP-PVP to remain on server. That sounds absolutly cynical, as there is NO encouragement in ANY form of action, reality is completely vice versa. The game definitely wasn't intended to be played as it is now on empty server. So where is this encouragement? You are kidding me?? ;)

7. People who are rolling alts on another RP-PVP (NA) or RP (EU) servers also feel/will feel alienated because of losing their stuff, friends, legacy, history etc on LC

8. Now imagine the feelings of all mentioned players, when they will realise, that to sort things out in any way they will have to pay for transfers. (Note: I'm sure, that there is no technical problem to make free transfers to several servers, it is corporate policy to enable more revenue from paid transfers)

9. RP-PVP crowd is not the biggest one, but one of the more mature, stable and loyal group of clients (I wonder, if company is analysing their numbers, they would see it right away). It doesn't pay for itself, but also contributes towards creating decent environment to attract more clients who try product out

10. Corporate policy with focus only on revenue will take you nowhere. From the facts, I can clearly say, that this game is either managed unprofessionaly, or the main focus is on $$$ and greed (one of the worst corporate values) contribute towards the fail. Of course, you can make quick buck today if you do not care about the product on the long term. But it's not the case anymore in our ever-changing reality.

Please, don't be shortsighted or you will lose. And - the most important - passion matters, not money. Company has to be passionate about how they create or run their product, not only say it in PR. People will feel it in the end...

Bloody well said that person!

Hi folks,

As promised, we've been monitoring the state of populations on the remaining European RP-PvP servers (Lord Calypho, Jen’jidai, Huntmaster) since we’ve allowed for transfers to PvP destination servers. Based on current populations on these three servers, we are now going to open up an additional RP-PVE destination server for the remaining population.

The following options will be available for these three servers:

Lord Calypho

----> Tomb of Freedon Nadd (PvP)

----> The Progenitor (RP-PvE)

Jen'jidai

----> Jar'Kai Sword (PvP)

----> Vanjervalis Chain (RP-PvE)

Huntmaster

----> Darth Nihilus (PvP)

----> Battle Meditation (RP-PvE)

If you have already transferred to a PvP destination from one of these three RP-PvP servers and would like to, instead, transfer to the newly offered RP-PvE destination server, please contact Customer Service and they’ll be more than happy to work with you on this process.

Thank you for your patience on this, and we hope that all of you enjoy your new destination servers, wherever that may be.