Older player looking for mature, fun & active guild

ProtocolX

Hello Folks,

I am new to SWTOR, with a (23) Guardian currently, an older player and female -- and am looking for a Guild that is compatible with my demographic.

While I am very easygoing about many things, I don't suffer misogistic/bigoted or similarly-minded trolls/name-callers (and insensitive kids) much.

Beyond that my gender and age are irrelevant in-game other than how it affects my perspective/preferences etc. --and yours-- when chatting etc. Ok, and maybe my reflexes aren't always uber, but I've respectable PvP exerience -- of a different nature -- in another sci-fi themed game.

And, most importantly, I like to melt face and conquer as much as the next avid gamer. :)

I took the Guild Test (below) and my results are a bit borked -- as the top recommendation is for teens. :p

This is probably because I selected "family-friendly," though what I'm really after is conversations that are at least a few levels above WoW-speak as well as solid teamwork.

What I can offer:

-- Availability | (I play a lot, mostly late/early US TZ.)

-- Teach-ability | I enjoy learning and improving my game

-- Maturity | Qualities like patience, respect and tolerance for diversity

-- Sense of Humor | Admittedly it can wax sarcastic, but I love laughing

-- Loyalty | This is likely less of an issue here than my last MMO

-- Leadership Experience | Once I get the game down I am fine with initiating Ops etc.

--Teamwork | I try to give more than I take and be a fountain not a drain

What I'm looking for in a guild.

* PvE/PvP focus (crafting is OK too)

* Friendly, mature and (preferably) entertaining environment

* Active group with a balance of causal play, goals & efficiency

* High tolerance for new(er) players & honest mistakes

* Enthusiasm for the game while not turning it into a second job

* Minimal comms requirements. I understand their need for PvP, though.

* Prefer smaller guilds, but this is not a requirement

* No major issues with solo play (I need my wake-up/chilling time etc.) as long as a member is active

I can most easily be contacted on Harbinger (AmarraX), where my main character resides. I have an acquaintance on Shadowlands and a new character there as well.

I'm not in a rush to join -- so if you're looking for higher level characters that is fine too.

Thanks for your time.

Guilds recommended to me by the IGQ:

Edited by ProtocolX

Hey AmarraX,

Sounds like you may enjoy Nemesis Reborn. We are not a large group, but the majority of us are 30+ yrs old. Were currently working on getting our ops teams settled in and have no problems helping out a newer player. Of course we are not going to hand walk you through everything, but if you need help on things were there to help as well.

Hit me up on any of my toons listed below or just shoot me an in-game email. As for your minimum comms, we require mumble (makes coordination much easier), but if you only want to type while being able to listen to the others that's just fine. Myself is a lazy *** and I dislike having to type while playing.

You could also check out our website @ Nemesis Reborn and apply there until our schedules meet up. Its a new site so were all just getting onto it now.

Have fun gaming!

Graft

Edited by Phorhed

Hey,

It sounds like you have quite the experience with MMOs. <Knights of the First Order> is currently recruiting and looking for more members to join our ranks. We normally are an evening social guild (west coast, PST) with Operations groups running a few times a week. Ventrilo is available for voice communications.

If you have any interest, please come check out our site http://thefirstorder.enjin.com.

Any questions other than that? Feel free to send me a PM over the boards or over the KoTFO website.

Best of luck,

Jonny

I think you'd like Shock and Jawa, but you should know we don't do any PvP as a guild... unless you wanted to organize something, of course.

All levels and classes are welcome. We try to keep guild chat mature and pleasant, no griefing, offensive topics, or profanity. You must like desserts... ;)

Feel free to message me in game, or talk to any members you see. If I'm busy I can usually find someone to chat with you. (Evenings PST is when we have the most people online.)

Edited by Gidrea

Just wanted to say I appreciate both the replies here and in-game. I want to do my homework on this to best ensure a good fit. This may take me a few days or so.

Also, I didn't intend to give the impression I had a lot of MMO experience, it's just that the MMO experience I've had was quite deep and involved. Oddly enough, while I've grown tougher skin from the experience and gained some knowledge, SWTOR-style play/environment -- which is probably more common as an MMO -- is somewhat foreign to me.

Anyway, thanks again and hope to see you in-game regardless.

Regards,

-- AmarraX

P.S. Shock and Jawa -- Gotta love that name!

Edited by ProtocolX

• 3 weeks later...

Hi All,

I am just writing an update here that I'm LV 49 (horrah) and close to finished with the story. I think I'm about ready to join a guild but need to get a replacement microphone. I'll try contacting some of you soon though, just giving you a heads up. Thanks.

SGO matches up with almost everything you want in a guild (we aren't a small guild)

If you want to ask questions or try to join an Ops with us one night contact myself or Julie (just ask any SGO member if she's on). We run Ops at 7PM Pacific time.

Hope to hear from you soon.