Seeking professionals young and old...

EdgeX

This may sound asinine, but I am tired of playing with people who aren't terribly intelligent, educated, or frankly don't have much going on in their lives other than TOR. I am curious if there are any people out there who are playing TOR who in their real lives are fellow engineers, attorneys, medical professionals (i.e. pharmacists, physicians), business people etc. Even folks in college or graduate schools (but not Eastkebumfuk Tech studying Literature, Political Science, or Psychology, hopefully these people attend a reputable university).

I would prefer a raiding guild, because it only takes me one time to see a fight and completely understand all its dynamics. I like data driven decision making including theory crafting and using parsers. If you gear your toons based on what Jonny said in General chat we won't be a match.

Anyway, this isn't to say Shadowlands doesn't have skilled players of all backgrounds - it does. I just have a preference for people with a higher mental processor.

This may sound asinine, but I am tired of playing with people who aren't terribly intelligent, educated, or frankly don't have much going on in their lives other than TOR. I am curious if there are any people out there who are playing TOR who in their real lives are fellow engineers, attorneys, medical professionals (i.e. pharmacists, physicians), business people etc. Even folks in college or graduate schools (but not Eastkebumfuk Tech studying Literature, Political Science, or Psychology, hopefully these people attend a reputable university).

I would prefer a raiding guild, because it only takes me one time to see a fight and completely understand all its dynamics. I like data driven decision making including theory crafting and using parsers. If you gear your toons based on what Jonny said in General chat we won't be a match.

Anyway, this isn't to say Shadowlands doesn't have skilled players of all backgrounds - it does. I just have a preference for people with a higher mental processor.

This may sound even more asinine, but it would probably help your search if you specified Republic or Imperial.

The beauty of a game like this is that many guilds have as much of a diverse background as the individual players themselves. I have found that personality and determination are much better traits for a successful raid group than educational background.

Regards,

KK

I actually did not specify because I wanted to see both sides. I am capable of going to either.

In re: determination, I think it is fair to say personality and determination do not necessarily equal excellent execution. I personally would rather be part of an organization that executes flawlessly than one that tries really hard nicely (but can't quite get it, or takes much longer to execute).

Edited by EdgeX

To answer your question, yes there is at least one guild that I know of that fits that mold. We have the Engineer, Attorney, College students in the medical field and medical personal as well as other professionals in the guild.

So it does indeed exist.

Oh, we are imperial and raid to boot. We are not a hard core raiding guild as much as we are a casual with progression style raiding mixed in.

In re: determination, I think it is fair to say personality and determination do not necessarily equal excellent execution. I personally would rather be part of an organization that executes flawlessly than one that tries really hard nicely (but can't quite get it, or takes much longer to execute).

So let me get this straight...only those working in the professions you specify or those attending what you consider to be "a reputable university" are capable of "excellent execution"? The rest of us are your intellectual inferiors and unworthy of your in-game company? KK was polite in his response but I'm just going to say it outright: your post is appalling and, truth be told, baffling in its elitism. You're more likely to find others who possess "a higher mental processor" by stepping down from your ivory tower and being personable rather than snobbish.

Not asinine, but elitist. The thing is, elitism is earned and your RL credentials may or may not fast track you skill-wise to the groups you wish to consort with. A post implying excellence by a non measurable entity is bound to incite nothing more then annoyance. I mean I could tell you I'm a double track hopkins med school/nuerogenetics PHD genius and while true it doesn't say anything about my personality (beyond potentially arrogant) or team-play/personal skill. Do well and advertise yourself based on in game credentials. If you are as good as you think you'll fall in with a similarly minded group before too long.

Demelain/Iszlan Disembrae

Guild: Wanted