Best Sin Dueling 1v1 build/ gear

SuperDaioz

Strictly on a 1v1 basis disregarding normal warzones. What build would you go with? Also what charge would you use? If dark charge would you equip the shield offhand or power offhand?

After trying a few builds I am leaning towards this with dark charge and shield offhand. Stacking stalker gear and dps stats.

http://www.torhead.com/skill-calc#200bI0skdskZfhb0zZf0M.2

I know there are some awesome sin duelers about what you roll with?

0/27/14 is a very strong dueling spec... Start out with a stalker set and then optimize with high power mods/enhancements

23/1/17 or most darkness/madness hybrids will be strong dueling specs... instant whirlwind not of as much use for 1v1 so 27/0/14 wouldnt be bad either but I am not a fan of that spec and do not think that force lightning should be a priority for a sin even with harnessed darkness but it may offer a slightly dps edge for 1v1.

full deception will fall behind.

full madness is the worst.

It doesn't always make sense looking at the trees but in my experience it depends who you're fighting. I use madness vs sorcs and healers, deception vs smash and other aoe specs and darkness vs melee. Snipers I'd probably use madness if I can Los and darkness if I can't. For PT it's probably darkness but haven't dueled them much.

I tried using a shield and it just isn't that good, but feel free to try it vs melee or snipers.

We are really a versatile dueling class with free field respecs, try it out.

Oh and PS anyone who says wakajinn (0/27/14) is our best 1v1 spec needs to re-evaluate the specs and match ups.

Edited by JP_Legatus

It doesn't always make sense looking at the trees but in my experience it depends who you're fighting. I use madness vs sorcs and healers, deception vs smash and other aoe specs and darkness vs melee. Snipers I'd probably use madness if I can Los and darkness if I can't. For PT it's probably darkness but haven't dueled them much.

I tried using a shield and it just isn't that good, but feel free to try it vs melee or snipers.

We are really a versatile dueling class with free field respecs, try it out.

Oh and PS anyone who says wakajinn (0/27/14) is our best 1v1 spec needs to re-evaluate the specs and match ups.

lol, you don't duel much do you? Madness is never good for 1v1 regardless of what situation/AC you're fighting against. Darkness may be good against some AC's but in general 0/27/14 does the best 1v1.

Edited by Squidkidz

0/27/14 is a very strong dueling spec... Start out with a stalker set and then optimize with high power mods/enhancements

23/1/17 or most darkness/madness hybrids will be strong dueling specs... instant whirlwind not of as much use for 1v1 so 27/0/14 wouldnt be bad either but I am not a fan of that spec and do not think that force lightning should be a priority for a sin even with harnessed darkness but it may offer a slightly dps edge for 1v1.

full deception will fall behind.

eh. For me that 0/27/14 build is not so bad for warzones as deathfield is a nice ranged AoE but for me its just some fluff damage and does not hit as hard until you get up in the madness tree a bit. Full deception for dueling I prefer over the hybrid as you get the extra damage for shock and you want as much burst as possible.

As for madness, yeah its the worst dueling spec. The set up just takes to long.

I'm not sure how you plan to dps a mobile 30m class with your 10m abilities and I'm not sure how you plan to mitigate the internal damage dots with armor, and I'm not sure how you plan to close the gap vs a class with 3 snares a bubble stun a 30m ww and a force speed

So yeah, either you're playing vs bads or you're losing or you're madness

Basicly I use a 32/0/9 build with survivor set bonus armorings, stalker mods/enhancements, with a focus and dark charge. This is something that I created myself and I find it to work best for my play style. Obviously there is a bit more to it than that especially with all of the different stat priorities and customize ability. I have so much fun with my toon set up like this!

Best 1v1 spec is the Darkness 27/0/14...

Assuming a competent player, yes. If you happen to know that the player you're up against is unfamiliar with assassin mechanics, I would say that 31/0/10 is probably a better dueling spec since the self-heal is counterable, but only if you know what you're doing. The lack of mobility in full-Darkness is less of an issue in a duel.

If you're going up against a player of equal gear and skill though, 27/0/14 is much harder to shut down. I would say that you could also go 24/3/14 if you really felt you need the extra burst, since the buff to Maul has made it a very significant hit without being such a serious force dump. 23/5/13 would also be a decent spec if you're dueling another shadow, since the fight is likely to last long enough that you will drain out of force, and you can sacrifice a few general tools in a close-range 1v1.