Jedi Knight ending and HK-51.

GhostDrone

So i've been thinking a bit.

Although i have not finished the Jed Knight storyline myself; i spoiled it, in fact.

From what i understand, the only companion that can face the Emperor alongside the Jedi Knight is T7, correct? The reason for this is because T7 is a droid and cannot be influenced by the Emperor, correct?

Now, here's a good opportunity to integrate HK-51 into a storyline.

I realize this may take some work down the line, since i see there's a special cutscene(s) with T7 that would cause problems for HK-51.

I honestly think this would also be a solution to some people that really don't want to spend the time and credits to gear up T7. Just use HK instead, he already comes with the Level 50 parts.

Keep in mind i'm speaking with limited knowledge of the JK story. There might be some other reason to T7's requirement, i dunno.

As my main is a Knight and she picked up HK on the first day, that was pretty much the first thought that crossed my mind after I got him - "holy crap, I wish I'd had this dude when I fought the Emperor. ...wait. Would they have let me use this dude against the Emperor?"

I've always been pretty satisfied with the lore justification that locks the rest of your group out and leaves you with only T7. There's an argument to be made for Kira, but it's not a sure thing. HK, on the other hand, is absolutely 100% viable. There is absolutely nothing T7 brings to that fight, lore-wise, that HK doesn't as well. Unfortunately, my Knight has already fought the Emperor and so I can't test it, but I suspect they didn't code in an exception for him and the instance is still locked to T7 only, which would be a damn shame. It's widely known among Knights (guards especially) that T7, even with the gear from the chest, is utterly useless and an unfair handicap in that fight, and HK would be a really elegant solution.

its no issue if you gear up T7 decently..

Oh, i realize. I'm sure i won't have trouble with the specific boss fight when the time comes (I do have a cybertech alt, so.)

I was just more of thinking how much... cooler it would be. I mean, T7 is a nice droid but...

Doesn't the thought R2-D2 going up against the Emperor alongside Luke sound quite silly?