Single Player Raiding Endgame

• Replies 227
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I just cannot see a scenario where they can make an encounter to be just as difficult and have as many variables to address for a single player vs a small group of players.

They can make some difficult single player encounters and make them rewarding but encounters that REQUIRE a small force to defeat will always be more difficult to overcome and should by default grant better rewards.

You want single-player?

• Space-missions.
  • Daily quests.
  • Saved-up companion quests.
  • Levelling Alts.
  • Low-level-dungeons you can solo.

What was your problem again?

As mentioned there already is single player endgame. With stuff available to solo players they can obtain 124-126 rated gear solo, which is first tier level. A solo player may not be able to get higher level gear than that, but why would they? The only stuff higher than that is for group raiding, which solo'ers have no interest in. So what is the problem?

the way i see it. is we pay subs or patches. in a single player game like skyrim. we get the game for a one off purchase but the game is never updated. this is the main difference.

ppl might say MMO massivly multiplayer online. mean no to solo content. but MMO does not mean group content only. multiplayer refer's to the fact that many ppl are playing on the server at the same time. the GTN works because of the multi player aspect. there is chatting on the general chat channel that is different from the usual LFG.

the fact is that grouping is cool. and every1 should do it when possible. but it is not always possible. but that shouldn't mean ppl have nothing to do just because they can't group up. one persons sub is just as important as another. and the more ppl you keep happy the more subs the game will have. so if ppl are happy with solo content. then give them it

There is no reason developers could not create some long tough end game content for solo players with "raid like" rewards.

They should not be able to earn full raid gear but I fail to see how it ruins the game if they could get an end game chest piece or weapon or whatever along with an end game crafting schematic drop/mats.

It should be not be easy to complete and it should be time consuming.

Edited by Drewser

i'd pay extra for a real multi-player game that didn't cave and cater to people like this. People like you have completely ruined good games. Wish you'd just stick to xbox so we can get some figures on real multiplayer gamer demographics and interest.

qft!!

I don't know. Seems to me SWTOR is already a single player game. All I do is shout LF healer in general chat (and <shudder> daily quests if i feel up to it.)

I for one, am looking forward to GW where they throw the trinity out the window. You shouldn't be forced into specific type of gameplay.

CoH had that.

Why not?

First, because that is simply my opinion. Reward should equal time/effort.

Second, because it would require developers to spend too much creating just end game solo content.

Edited by Drewser

I'd pay extra for a real multi-player game that didn't cave and cater to people like this. People like you have completely ruined good games. Wish you'd just stick to xbox so we can get some figures on real multiplayer gamer demographics and interest.

I'd pay extra for a more single-player oriented game. I'd even pay a lower subscription just to play this game offline.

BioWare as a company has brought single-player gamers to the MMO market with TOR. It's just its nature. BioWare makes excellent games, but they have been single-player until now. The story, character development, and pure essence of this game eases single-player gamers into the MMO world. Personally, these additions are most of the things that kept me out of the MMO market in the past. Also, this is just BioWare's fanbase.

I wish you'd stick to enjoying the game as you see fit and leave others out of it. We all pay for our subscription and we all play the game our own way. This is what we want for our $15 per month. This is where BioWare makes the delicate decision on to whom to cater.

I like playing MMORPGs and I like to solo in them. I enjoy chatting, bartering, PvPing and grouping but I spend most of my time soloing and I love it. It's just a social thing for me not a sport. It doesn't matter why I'm here in MMO space its just good that I'm here and happy to subscribe. I would love to see some of the minds at Bioware throw some indepth story/solo (rp) content to the "end game". I wouldn't spacebar a single moment. This would in fact be new and revolutionary. Something only Bioware could pull off.

Maybe this is pure madness, but chaos is contagious. The endgame presents two possible paths that are alright for some, but not all. I understand that this is an MMO, but I enjoy the fusion of this multiplayer-singleplayer hybrid. Personal I want the option to do single player stuff at endgame that still rewards the pleasure centers of my brain. In my boredom I questioned what could be easy to implement for those who don't always wish to play nice with others. I would think it at least interesting to be able to bring all of your companions on endgame hard mode flashpoints. Playing as a group will general be more fun, but this would be a great convenience for those of us not ashamed of playing with ours selves.

I think that would be a pretty amazing idea.

QFT

Seriously, the name of the game is in the ...name of the genre... Massively Multiplayer.

The individuals asking to be catered to are the epitome of the collective youth entitlement complex.

The RPG part is also in there, which you neglected to include. The RPG part is what the OP wants.

Your assessment of the "collective youth entitlement complex" is misplaced here. OP pays his subscription and this is what he wants in the game. How is it any different than the hordes of people complaining about wanting more Operations, Flashpoints, and Warzones? Are they not feeling entitled because they're asking for what you want?

Better yet, OP didn't say "_____ *needs* to be in the game" like so many others on the forums. He says "personally, I want _____," not "_____ is what this game *needs*" or "this game will fail without _____." He's just expressing his opinions and desires. That's not entitlement.

I'm not arguing that the entitlement complex doesn't exist, but that's not what's going on here.

Team gameplay can be overrated, IMO. I say this as a 7 year raider in WoW in which I still participate in two weekly raids for our guild (which I ran for many years as well).

Raiding is work to administer, set up, shedule for, and police properly.

It would be nice to play an MMO that gave one the option to do something meaningful in the endgame in a solo fashion...you know, just for fun. All the drama, grandstanding, dps analysis, loot rules and other aspects of a typical raid could be set aside for a fun run with nobody having to feel important or betrayed or entitled.

Sounds like fun doesn't it?

Team gameplay can be overrated, IMO. I say this as a 7 year raider in WoW in which I still participate in two weekly raids for our guild (which I ran for many years as well).

Raiding is work to administer, set up, shedule for, and police properly.

It would be nice to play an MMO that gave one the option to do something meaningful in the endgame in a solo fashion...you know, just for fun. All the drama, grandstanding, dps analysis, loot rules and other aspects of a typical raid could be set aside for a fun run with nobody having to feel important or betrayed or entitled.

Sounds like fun doesn't it?

Even a two person piece of content would be fun. I would prefer it to be without companions in the two person content. That'd be fun and allow for a good deal of interesting story.

I'd pay extra for a real multi-player game that didn't cave and cater to people like this. People like you have completely ruined good games. Wish you'd just stick to xbox so we can get some figures on real multiplayer gamer demographics and interest.

They tried that. It didn't work as well at letting people solo.

The RPG part of MMORPG was discarded a long, long time ago though.

These are MMO's for the xbox generation.

I noticed, which is why I never played them. This is also why I play BioWare's game. They made the RPG part not only matter but be an important part of the experience.

I'm not even sure what "these are MMO's for the xbox generation" means unless you're just going for shock value. If you're implying that the game has become fast-paced and overly rewarding, then that's an overall societal problem rather than anything that has to do with a console. This game is what you make of it. You can make levelling take a long time if you're persistent with grouping and not just doing mission after mission after mission.

Xboxes also suck. PS3 all the way.

Massively Multiplayer Online... You know the rest.

Yes, there are a lot of people around. That's true. They populate the GTN, they provide vitality in the world. Where is it said you must group with these people to accomplish tasks.

I group often and support group play, but this isn't a legitimate argument. Massively multiplayer suggests that you interact with other people. That doesn't necessarily mean you group with them. There are some games where crafters have their own progression system. They need other players, not to group with but to create an economy.

Ive been playing mmos for a while, my first being ff11 then wow (since release) , aoc , war , aion , rift and finally this.

When i first got hooked into mmos the mp component was something annoying i had to deal with to get what i wanted from it, which was never ending character progression and to experience a "living" world.

I play mmos cus im attracted to the theme mostly and is why rift died on my fairly fast because well i didnt care for its world in the least . Same happned with cata in wow for me once the lk was dead and the story that began in the rts got some kind of closure the game lost a lot of its appeal to me.

I am a gamer , ive been playing games all my life and the reason i dislike team mp is that i hate being held back by others skill. The team aspect of mmos has become something i just put on with to get to see the content since i dont have an alternative way to see it. Thats why i loved wrath expansion in wow and hated cata, wrath dumbed down the regular content yeah and made it so damn easy that i could raid with pretty much anyone and get my normal modes done without much wiping even as it was progression. Then cata came along and decided that good players couldnt carry baddies anymore and that everyone had to be on top of their game to get stuff done. After 2 months of massive wipes(usually blamed on 1 person that failed a mechanic and killed everyone) in early cata i quit wow for good.

Im not saying that hardcore raiders dont have their place , they do. But it does not need to conflict with those that simply want to experience what the game wants to offer. You want a challenge? You want to play like ff11 where you couldnt solo a tiny crab despite being a super awesome level 75 death knight master of black magic and having a giant scythe? Have at it, but do not ask me to do the same.

Single player raids with blues as reward would be totally fine in my book , not only do you get to experience the content but you get to learn basic raiding mechanics in case you want to go to the next level.

Also im in my final semester of college and every teachers seems to think that my life revolves around writing papers for them and i find myself with less and less time to play. I dont think it will get any better once i get a full time job. The level of commitment raiding as a team requires makes it feel a lot like a job and less like a game. Yes it always has been so but is only now that i feel its simply way too complicated.