Why pvp and the game fails

TheC

For some moronic reason BW thought it was a good idea to design every class and ability to look better for the empire. Hell... even the ships are better for the empire.

So of course there will be a huge population problem-then valor problem-then gear problem-then broken unfun pvp.

Thx BW for ruining the game for about 35% of your subs. You thought we were not serious when we said we play this game for pvp? I'd say u got about a month to get it together somehow because everyone doesnt want to be a sorcerer.

For some moronic reason BW thought it was a good idea to design every class and ability to look better for the empire. Hell... even the ships are better for the empire.

So of course there will be a huge population problem-then valor problem-then gear problem-then broken unfun pvp.

Thx BW for ruining the game for about 35% of your subs. You thought we were not serious when we said we play this game for pvp? I'd say u got about a month to get it together somehow because everyone doesnt want to be a sorcerer.

Posting angry, misspelled rants for no good reason does not help. BioWare is aware of the imbalances.

The Sith ships rock, BH ships look like garbage scows. All to personal taste as with the classes.

It's a pretty lame reason to think many servers have Imperial favored population because of that. Probably more can relate to emotions than some kind of self righteous monk?

Classes themselves are mirrors with different animations, don't dumb it down and go these animations are favoring Imperials either. If you can't tell when someone is being CC'd by ayour ally then get your eyes checked.

On top of that what business sense is it to make one side favored in any form? So the other half quits? Get over yourself and finding excuses of why Rebublic is being so discriminated against!

I think the way the factions "look" is fine.

Sith look like sith and Jedi look like Jedi. Troopers look bad ***. Smugglers need help, but that's not an over all faction problem, that's just one class with some pretty bad gear.

I think it's more a matter of the good majority of MMO players wanting to play the bad guys, and the Devs should have prepared for that.

The game could have been made so there wasn't a huge advantage for the over populated side. Why they didn't bother to think ahead on this I have no clue.

Despite your rage, they're doing fine. Many republic players prefer the republic. Everything you've accused BW of doing intentionally is just your perception. There are plenty of people who perceive it differently.

I dunno about "many" Republic players, but I am one of the Republic Players you speak of.

I play Republic because I prefer to play the disadvantaged side.

I can find PVP anywhere I want to, whenever I want to, with all the imps around.

Imo Bioware designed the game this way, there is a "preferred" faction that most people play, where all the players looking for an easy ride will ultimately gravitate to. (The OP may be one of them soon from the looks of things)

Republic is a "token" faction, it is the underdog on all servers, and anyone who played beta knew it would be this way. Bioware knew too, but balancing factions isn't a stated goal of theirs.

Can a sage with average skills beat a sorc with average skills? Nope. There's your primary healing class. With all the Sorcerors around, the Empire is never lacking for heals, and there's a ripple effect in all PVP.

If the factions ever balanced out, the PVP servers that tilted Republic would see a huge exodus of Imperials who were comfortable without open world challenge. Bioware would be crazy to do this.

Republic is "gimped" to stay, so I will stay Republic.

Pity the imps, not me. I get plenty of action. :D

Edited by GoldSquadGirl

Lol... i guess there are still BW bootlickers who will defend to the last..

I use to be one of you. But pvp is bad... just plain and simple. faction balance destroyed OW pvp on ilum and it doesnt even exist while lvling up. Even searching I got into maybe 20 fights with my scoundrel while lvling. most of that was on Tat.

Gear is so 1 sided that half the warzones you play are just bad and with only a few WZ's it gets boring anyway.

I was the BIGGEST BW bootlicker of them all. They could do nothing wrong. I got in on the first day of early access and told all my friends that this was the best MMO EVER!!!

But then they were like... why did you choose a pvp server? cant you do WZ's in pve?

I stated that pvp will get alot better at 50. They have a WHOLE PLANET dedicated for pvp.

And we all know what happened after that. 40 vs 15 is not fun. its not underdog, its completely boring. Being CC's by 10 sorc untill dead isnt even remotely fun.

lol yea the sorcerors high end gear that makes them look like a giant multi colored condom with feathers is awesome compared to the traditional Jedi robes that sage gets. /dismissive ****

oh. and forgot to mention the horrible game engine. pvp on ilum lags no matter how beast your rig is.

When a battle brakes out of at least 20 on each side... the disconnects begin.

HEY!!! but the voice acting is awesome!!!!

Hey folks,

While we do appreciate and read feedback, both positive and negative, we do ask that said feedback is constructive and respectful. If you need some guidelines for doing so, we do have a post here via our Dev Tracker that explains it:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=141421

In addition there is a thread which has a compilation of feedback you may want to read and post in here:

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=299503

We'll be closing this thread, but do encourage folks to post constructive feedback about the game in future threads. Thanks for your understanding!