Consolidated Post: APAC/Oceanic Server Concerns

Cheezfriend

And what will happen when the Destination server already is at the maximum 22/22 active characters, what will happen to the 22 that are being imported?

22 is a hard cap on the number of characters per server...i.e. you CANNOT even purchase slots above 22 on a single server.

therefore you won't be able to transfer any till you delete (or move with 2.2 paid xfers) some characters.

• Replies 5.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

I Believe that shouldn't be a problem, you should be able to move all your characters and if you feel like purchasing new slots up to the max of 22 it should be fine. If by the rare chance its not then at least you wont loose any of your characters you will just be limited to the amount you have till they fix the bug which shouldn't be a terrible thing because that would be a bug they would fix. So if it is a problem its not one you would have to put up for for long but as i said i don't believe it will be a issue for you i have 22 character slots and moved a good 18 toons and i am able to create new toons if i feel like it and am having no issue so you should be ok :)

Yay cool thank you guys that really takes a lot of my stress away. Good to know 22 is the absolute max as well. So do you think these rules apply to just waiting for the merge as well?

• Dev Post
One of my characters which failed to transfer due to all my character slots being full on the destination server is now locked out of being able to be transferred. I can still log on to this character on my origin server, and I can still log on to my other successfully-transferred characters on my destination server, I just can't initiate the transfer processes for that previously-failed character.

Thanks for the detailed information, this is exactly what we need!

I talked to the platform and web folks, and what's happening is that failed transfers are being interpreted as permanent failures that can't be retried. In the case of character counts, that's invalid, since you should be able to free up slots on the destination server or buy an additional character slot and retry the transfer successfully.

With the next code publish we're going to fix that behavior, but in the short term, we're going to start cleaning up failures occasionally so that you can retry the failed transfer. Just be sure to check that there is space available on the destination before you retry, or you'll get stuck again until the next cleanup! : )

Thanks for the detailed information, this is exactly what we need!

I talked to the platform and web folks, and what's happening is that failed transfers are being interpreted as permanent failures that can't be retried. In the case of character counts, that's invalid, since you should be able to free up slots on the destination server or buy an additional character slot and retry the transfer successfully.

With the next code publish we're going to fix that behavior, but in the short term, we're going to start cleaning up failures occasionally so that you can retry the failed transfer. Just be sure to check that there is space available on the destination before you retry, or you'll get stuck again until the next cleanup! : )

Yep, after double-checking I had room for the transfer, I've just successfully transferred the ex-locked character to it's destination server. Cheers for the quick response and awesome communication about these errors too!

STILL LOCKED

Around 8am yesterday (AEST) I went to transfer my level 55 character from Master Dar'Nala to the Bastion and it failed to transfer. I do not have my character slots maxed out on the destination server so ths is not the issue. My other characters transfered with no issues however this character has not. I raised an ingame ticket as soon as this occurred yet I have no response. This is 24 hours ago. I see other people getting their locked characters fixed with communication over it however you have not rectified this issue.

Please do not respond with a generic "you symperthise with my frustrations". I am looking for action and a solution so that I can get back into playing the game.

Please respond.

The closest servers are US west coast (e.g. The Harbinger). Ping is 170-200ms from Brisbane. I've been playing there since launch, no issues with PvE or PvP. But it's never going to be as good as local servers.

That's great for you but having now been on a server for a year with a ping of 20-40ms there is a noticeable difference going to 170-200ms ping. Is it unplayable? No but it is noticeably worse. So my play experience has been diminished. Will the increased pop make up for that? Time will tell.

my character is still 'transfer in progress'

Transfer requested on 06.04.13 (over 24hours ago) lol

Transfer queued on game server

im not in a hurry to transfer it cause its an alt but be good to get it fixed. let me know if you want anymore info

Edited by Obirayy

I miss Dalborra already it was fine really...

Maybe if EA/BioWare did -some- local advertisement, we wouldn't be in this mess. A few mentions on online tech websites which range from 100s to just 1000s of readers at best doesn't count. You can't expect a social media boost either. How many MMORPG players exactly use twitter for example?

I still see TV advertisement for the expansion to that other game that shall not be named.

The marketing guru's nailed this one.

On another note, I made a mistake with my transfer and Customer Support has been non-existent. What an awful experience :(

STILL LOCKED

Please do not respond with a generic "you symperthise with my frustrations". I am looking for action and a solution so that I can get back into playing the game.

I'm also tired of seeing those automated replies. It's pretty much a one button response of "There there, live with it. If we ever get around to actually reading your issue, we may fix it once we finish counting cartel profits" They don't seem to personalize anything, leaving us to have to resubmit a new ticket.

Edited by ruxus

Wow I just had the greatest play experience on US Jung Mar server ever. Only 350ms lag with lag spikes of an average 2.5 seconds it didn't take more than a whole second for a skill I clicked on to be displayed on screen. By then the global cooldown had finished (at least on my client) and I could even click on another skill. It didn't always work, but hey. Nothing like the terrible near instantaneous response I get on these crappy AP servers where each skill activation is immediately reflected on screen and the next skill I click goes off every time.

And wait till I tell you about PvP! There's no wait time to die. You can be running into combat and just end up back at the start zone after a few explosions. No need to fight back, none of that wasted effort activating skills. It's brilliant! On the AP servers I had to stand around fighting, attacking and chasing my opponents, clicking on a skill rotation. Who needs that?

Overall, this is a fantastic move on behalf of EA. Bravo! I applaud your efforts. It's just like they said it would be. A much more enjoyable play experience.

Edited by RandomState

Just transferred to Harbinger, and 10mins in already hate it here, the lag is so annoying so many near death encounters, going from 40ms to now 150ms / spiking to 300ms is not making leveling very fun sadface bioware

I laugh that people are now crying about the lag and blaming Bioware. You are the same people that wanted transfers!

Also, in the Transfer page, it says your character needs to be level 10. I just successfully transferred a level 4.

OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

and ppl crying lag is so bad you cant play.....i left APAC for Harbinger 6 months ago, I do pve endgame and rated pvp fine with almost no lag...*** are u on about with this super delay and stuff??? have u never played a MMO before, the experience your now getting is the same as EVERY MMO EVER MADE.......omg lol

OMG u guy's are idiots......quitting Swtor for other MMO's...you do realize their the same ping right.....you will get 150-400ms on EVERY MMO!!!!!! jesus lol

Quoted for the absolute effing truth.

Okay, this is the most rubbish customer service ever experienced.

Originally, support articles told us that we would have our Guild Banks restored upon transfer by Customer Service so long as it was empty and screenshots were provided. This was done, and we were ready to transfer. We came over all last night, and midway through today they change the rules; guild banks will not be able to be re-granted by customer service on arrival.

I can understand consistent rules, but when the same page stated that we COULD restore guild banks and it was said in multiple places only for them to change it AFTER transfer I'm pretty disgusted. You forced us into this, Bioware, and we've lost our guild name, people and size. And you can't even restore a couple of guild banks.

We had two million credits donated for a third vault by a faithful guild member, and now you're TERRIBLE customer service team and poor communication will result in that being enough for only a bank on the Republic and Imperial side each. Have some perspective of who you're "consolidating," those players who still (God knows why) PAY YOU for Customer Service- well, we're hardly paying for content, given that comes all through the Cartel Market nowadays- and you give us not even our banks back in exchange, making it worse by contradicting what you earlier said. As a guild, we're really unhappy. As a person, I'm really unhappy and really again disgusted by this lack of customer service.

This was pretty much the only reason we didn't bother waiting for consolidation, and you throw it away. :mad:

Edited by WizardsDestiny

Still waiting to see if guilds transfer intact when the consolidation occurs in 59 days, as the previous consolidations have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647641

Transfers as far as I am aware cannot transfer guilds and where meant to allow toons to go too a server other then the destination servers ie Dalborra to Harbinger.

Edited by OwenBrooks

Still waiting to see if guilds transfer intact when the consolidation occurs in 59 days, as the previous consolidations have.

http://www.swtor.com/community/showthread.php?t=647641

Transfers as far as I am aware cannot transfer guilds and where meant to allow toons to go too a server other then the destination servers ie Dalborra to Harbinger.

Consolidation so far will.

Then again, I wouldn't be surprised if they changed that too. :rolleyes:

Okay, this is the most rubbish customer service ever experienced.

Originally, support articles told us that we would have our Guild Banks restored upon transfer by Customer Service so long as it was empty and screenshots were provided. This was done, and we were ready to transfer. We came over all last night, and midway through today they change the rules; guild banks will not be able to be re-granted by customer service on arrival.

I can understand consistent rules, but when the same page stated that we COULD restore guild banks and it was said in multiple places only for them to change it AFTER transfer I'm pretty disgusted. You forced us into this, Bioware, and we've lost our guild name, people and size. And you can't even restore a couple of guild banks.

We had two million credits donated for a third vault by a faithful guild member, and now you're TERRIBLE customer service team and poor communication will result in that being enough for only a bank on the Republic and Imperial side each. Have some perspective of who you're "consolidating," those players who still (God knows why) PAY YOU for Customer Service- well, we're hardly paying for content, given that comes all through the Cartel Market nowadays- and you give us not even our banks back in exchange, making it worse by contradicting what you earlier said. As a guild, we're really unhappy. As a person, I'm really unhappy and really again disgusted by this lack of customer service.

This was pretty much the only reason we didn't bother waiting for consolidation, and you throw it away. :mad:

I apologise if the above was harsh and I know they're not completely responsible but I needed an outlet for my absolute rage at the fact as simple a thing as my guild banks after a FORCED transfer is denied of my poor guild now suffering on a new server to even survive. :o:p

The original article clearly stated that if we had screenshots of the guilds disbanding and the guild banks we would be fine, and they changed the rules after our transfer. So, Bioware; please, if possible, I urge you to reconsider.

The thing that annoys me is that I already have about 10 characters on the destination server I need to go to which means I've run out of character slots required to move my Oceanic ones and will have to delete characters or move them to a completely separate server.

Not cool.

The thing that annoys me is that I already have about 10 characters on the destination server I need to go to which means I've run out of character slots required to move my Oceanic ones and will have to delete characters or move them to a completely separate server.

Not cool.

You should be fine, it may end up saying 22/12 for example, just means if you delete a toon you cant create a replacement until you purchase enough unlocks to cover. (server merge in 59 days, you wont lose anything)

Edited by OwenBrooks